The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

it's so funny to me that people are still whining about halle's casting when y'all have had 4 years to come to terms with it :rip: 

the modern day little mermaid is black. get over it.

• Like 9

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

In 3rd place, #TheLittleMermaid felt the arrival of strong Hollywood competition and the loss of premium screenings in #Japan’s #BoxOffice grossing 490k on 2nd FRI, a -60.8% drop from last FRI Opening day, for a 8.3M cume. Eyeing a 1.7M-2.5M 2nd 3-day weekend locally.

$2.5M on Thursday for TLM (-17%)

The Flash's opening day was barely higher than TLM's 2nd Friday in Japan. I'm hoping TLM can follow the same trajectory as last weekend and hit the high end of that projection, $2.5M. 

Spiderverse and The Flash both debuted this weekend, lots of screens/theatres to give up to those openers. 

Domestically, both Elemental and The Flash are debuting in over 4000 locations. All movies lost a lot of screens to those debuts on Thursday. Let's see how things shake out by the end of the weekend. 

Picking up poster frames today to hang the posters they gave me during my early screening :jonny5: Gotta figure out when I can go watch this another time before it leaves theaters, especially with all these summer movies being released every single week and limiting showtimes 

Saw it with my family yesterday and we all thought it was a lot of fun. Everyone was stanning Halle :party:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, V$. said:

:party:

Wow that's a huge Saturday jump, and it actually was even better (actual is $1.32M). After Sunday it can be at $11M. I'd love if it increased again on Sunday like last weekend, could make $3M weekend possible. Still, given the competition taking so many screens, this is solid. It should have quite a bit of life left in it in Japan. 

Edited by BNF91

2 hours ago, V$. said:

:party:

It is doing better than Korea for sure even when taking in account that Japan's market is bigger. 

Disney remakes almost never triple the Korea's numbers in Japan. 

1.9M-2.3M for 2 day weekend. Similar numbers with TJB 2M.

18M-22M total still.

It already outgrossed Dumbo within 8 days. Some of us were expecting a month. 

Domestic Friday was NOT cute. All movies felt the pressure of two new ultra wide releases taking tons of showtimes away. 

$3.7M, aiming for $13-14M weekend. It's fine, but we are at the stage where TLM should have begun to see some really nice drops. Let's hope it can recover. Still on track for $300M+

4 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

Domestic Friday was NOT cute. All movies felt the pressure of two new ultra wide releases taking tons of showtimes away. 

$3.7M, aiming for $13-14M weekend. It's fine, but we are at the stage where TLM should have begun to see some really nice drops. Let's hope it can recover. Still on track for $300M+

ARIEL WALK!!!!

Flash and Elemental + Transformers tanking will hopefully help Mermaid

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, V$. said:

:gaygacat4:

See when you are a legend

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, V$. said:

:jonny5:

45 minutes ago, V$. said:

:gaygacat4:

Fantastic. Why did Disney release elementals though ... The audience's collide lol

But anyways it's bombing

One thing, this weekend has the benefit of Juneteenth on Monday so Sunday drops will be slim and Monday should be really nice as TLM should definitely benefit from Juneteenth. 

53 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

Good Saturday in Japan

amazing, a Japanese hit

12 hours ago, BNF91 said:

Good Saturday in Japan

Snatched the Spiderverse from #1 is CRAZY :deadbanana4: Japan really stanning TLM hard!

TLM remains #1 in Japan on Sunday. Waiting for numbers. There is a chance for TLM to keep #1 for the entire weekend despite Spiderverse and The Flash debuting. 

Japan Sunday

$1.3M (-35% drop from last Sunday)

10.6M cumulative

7 hours ago, BNF91 said:

TLM remains #1 in Japan on Sunday. Waiting for numbers. There is a chance for TLM to keep #1 for the entire weekend despite Spiderverse and The Flash debuting. 

1 hour ago, chosensparkles said:

Japan Sunday

$1.3M (-35% drop from last Sunday)

10.6M cumulative

:msmarvel:

TLM is my favorite Disney animation and I was super excited for the live action. I really enjoyed Hailey as Ariel, hope it continues to chart and becomes a big success.

When it launched people were saying it bombed but I guess that’s no longer the case. :clap3:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.