The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

I saw it yesterday in Lisbon in a packed theater and I loved it. So magical. Everything was spot on. I cried everytime Halle sang and by the end I was just bawling :rip:

Under The Sea was the best sequence, so colorful and fun, everyone was moving. Kiss the Girl was so cute. The market scene was fantastic. All in all an amazing movie :clap3:

• Like 1

And yes I'm the only person to notice the Jodi Benson cameo in the new little mermaid :nicole:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UnfairTop said:

And yes I'm the only person to notice the Jodi Benson cameo in the new little mermaid :nicole:

I did, too

A bit better actuals, $4.3M domestic Wednesday -29% from Tuesday, similar as last week's Wednesday drop. 

Edited by BNF91

I still don't get why Ariel is getting her life singing Under the Sea? The whole point is she hates it and Sebastian is unsuccesfuly trying to change her mind. How did they misunderstand the assignment that badly? :rip:

5 minutes ago, EmailMySwift said:

I still don't get why Ariel is getting her life singing Under the Sea? The whole point is she hates it and Sebastian is unsuccesfuly trying to change her mind. How did they misunderstand the assignment that badly? :rip:

she doesn't hate it during the animated movie tho... she just gets her attention back up to Flounder and his discovery

13 minutes ago, EmailMySwift said:

They probably just wanted Halle to sing more, since in the original Ariel only has one song. But yeah it just comes off as super out of character :rip:

I mean she rolls her eyes while Sebastian is singing this iconic bop. I think she's not really taking it seriously and singing along for fun. 

And im glad that she does. She elevates the song

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, EmailMySwift said:

Have you even seen the movie? It can be a little more nuanced than that :clown:

and she doesn't "hate" it...

3 hours ago, Schami66 said:

I mean she rolls her eyes while Sebastian is singing this iconic bop. I think she's not really taking it seriously and singing along for fun. 

And im glad that she does. She elevates the song

:coffee:

10 hours ago, chosensparkles said:

she doesn't hate it during the animated movie tho... she just gets her attention back up to Flounder and his discovery

She is pretty bored. By the time Flounder shows up she has her back on everyone, not even paying attention. 

ariel-bored.gifariel-littlemermaid.gif

#disney from moonlight's dreaming

1 hour ago, EmailMySwift said:

She is pretty bored. By the time Flounder shows up she has her back on everyone, not even paying attention. 

ariel-bored.gifariel-littlemermaid.gif

#disney from moonlight's dreaming

She did enjoy parts of it though

ariel.gif   AdvancedFarHoatzin-max-1mb.gif

12 hours ago, EmailMySwift said:

Don't try to understand it.. animation will always be the best version 

Any info on when is this gonna be available on Disney+?

On 6/8/2023 at 8:11 AM, BNF91 said:

Transformers' opening day can't unseat TLM from #1 in Italy on its 3rd Wednesday.. $10M there tomorrow, showing some nice legs. 

from sunday to next tuesday tickets are only 3.50 euros in all the country so it will drop hard. :ace:

3 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

from sunday to next tuesday tickets are only 3.50 euros in all the country so it will drop hard. :ace:

where?

1 minute ago, chosensparkles said:

where?

in Italy. 

Japan looks like it's not going to bomb. Opening day of $1.15M. 3-day opening looks to be $4.5M-5.5M. Not reaching the heights of Aladdin but as this market is the leggiest in the world, we could see a decent enough gross. Will gross more than China and South Korea combined by a lot.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BNF91 said:

Japan looks like it's not going to bomb. Opening day of $1.15M. 3-day opening looks to be $4.5M-5.5M. Not reaching the heights of Aladdin but as this market is the leggiest in the world, we could see a decent enough gross. Will gross more than China and South Korea combined by a lot.  

yay!

In #Japan’s #BoxOffice, #TheLittleMermaid finally debuts leading with solid 1.3M FRI Opening Day. WOM just ok,on par with #TheLionKing, #Maleficent, #Cinderella receiving a 3.8 from audiences, but under #Aladdin’s 4.1  #BeautyAndTheBeast’s 4 Eyeing a 4M-5.5M 3-day opening.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.