The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

7 minutes ago, Rebel Lion said:

I really hope Disney does a sequel or even a prequel like the animated series on Disney+ as an FU to all the racists who think they are winning right now.

this.

this live action is so good (literally one of their best remakes) - haters are literally hating on it just because/without actual facts. 

Edited by wren
  • Like 2

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

41 minutes ago, Rebel Lion said:

I really hope Disney does a sequel or even a prequel like the animated series on Disney+ as an FU to all the racists who think they are winning right now.

Same!

Kii at y'all saying falsities like it's on Disney+ in two weeks and a photo finish to $500M. Like ya'll straight up admitting you don't really know s**t. 

This will be a bit past $400M by end of Sunday. With another $55-65m week incoming. 

This is playing well into the summer before any mention of Disney+

Why would they rush a film that'll be still making $10-15M weekly just domestically in July at the cinemas. 

Btw global total just under $340M after Monday domestic and OS. ($4.6M Dom/$6.2M OS)

Edited by BNF91
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Is this worth watching in 4DX? I will go see TLM again just to support the movie!

I'm really surprised at how weak the numbers are...

500M a few weeks ago seemed unimaginably low and now we're all sat here hoping it can make it past that :rip:

I was rooting so hard for this movie.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Peroxide said:

500M a few weeks ago seemed unimaginably low and now we're all sat here hoping it can make it past that :rip:

Grace Randolph said $700M would be acceptable during Movie Math on TLM’s opening weekend, but that seems impossible now. People were expecting a billion, so $500M is just not acceptable for a $250M budget. Studios need to stop spending $200-300M on production alone. 

• Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

Grace Randolph said $700M would be acceptable during Movie Math on TLM’s opening weekend, but that seems impossible now. People were expecting a billion, so $500M is just not acceptable for a $250M budget. Studios need to stop spending $200-300M on production alone. 

no one expected a billion

Aladdin did and it had way less backlash than this

For those unaware the movie is heading for 600M-650M world wide. And it is going to gross over 300M domestically alone. At this point there is no doubt that the movie is going pass the 500M mark.

And in fact the signs for a close-350M domestic gross are even stronger than last week. 

Aladdin - $190,237,136 (Total: $356M)

The Little Mermaid - $191,560,625

It was slightly above Aladdin in the first Monday and it is still slightly above it in the second Monday.  At this rate, it will fall below Aladdin at some point but the gap is not going to be equal or more than 15% between them. (310M-350M)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Peroxide said:

People are over Disney remakes. They peaked with Beauty & The Beast. Aladdin was their dark horse era. Plus it did help that it was a 1:1 remake.

I just watched it the second time, and I love it even more. :heart:

This movie was fantastic and Halle was perfectly cast. 

What privilege it must be to complain about the race of a fictional character when black folks have real problems in this racist society. :shakeno:

Predicted $25 million domestic weekend coming up (-40%), still a better hold than Aladdin.

Definitely heading over $325 million domestically

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CarCAL22 said:

Predicted $25 million domestic weekend coming up (-40%), still a better hold than Aladdin.

Definitely heading over $325 million domestically

If this movie ends with $600M (overall) then it will be a success.

Edited by Sweetestsecret

$6.07M on Tuesday 

1 hour ago, chosensparkles said:

$6.07M on Tuesday 

Lower than Aladdin but I'm assuming TLM is following trends from last year rather than 2019. Still a healthy +33% from Monday and now just -47% down from last Tuesday. Wednesday drops should be soft and Thursday won't see much effect from Transformers. 

I assume it also passed $350M global. $200M domestic tomorrow :clap3:

Edited by BNF91

So it fell below Aladdin for the first time in this Tuesday as expected.

198,035,063 -  Aladdin

197,630,625 - TLM

I was honestly expecting it to fall below Aladdin before the Saturday. Still the gap in this Tuesday was a little bit alarming, I was expecting something like 800K-1200K not 1700K.

Latinos and Filipinos this one is for you!

The Little Mermaid as a Telenovela:

Transformers' opening day can't unseat TLM from #1 in Italy on its 3rd Wednesday.. $10M there tomorrow, showing some nice legs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Early domestic Wednesday. $200M surpassed, but hold is not as strong as I hoped. $4.25M estimate. Really has fallen behind Aladdin the past two days. Still chugging along but would have liked to see it keep pace with Aladdin this week. Don't think it will hit that $25M forecast this weekend. 

UK is stanning hard. 

$7,910,408 - Dumbo opening weekend

$6,192,476 - TLM opening weekend

UK total gross by the second Sunday. 

$15,788,385 - Dumbo

$20,122,122 - TLM

$25,000,000 - Aladdin.

TLM opened with 1.5M less than Dumbo and by the second Sunday it is nearly 5M above it. 

Dumbo in UK did $35M and it was the movie's best international market. TLM seems to be heading towards 45M, maybe slightly below that mark.  

Edited by Aristotle
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, BNF91 said:

Early domestic Wednesday. $200M surpassed, but hold is not as strong as I hoped. $4.25M estimate. Really has fallen behind Aladdin the past two days. Still chugging along but would have liked to see it keep pace with Aladdin this week. Don't think it will hit that $25M forecast this weekend. 

Yeah… i think it’ll settle at the 310M domestic

while some international countries will hold ok. Going to finally see it in France this Sunday 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.