The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

1 hour ago, BNF91 said:

Japan might be a bright spot in Asia... Presales tracking hasn't shown the same signs of bombage as China/SK. Some even showing slightly better presales than Fast X. 

Maybe we will be able to count on a bit of money from Japan after all. 

what about Taiwan? 

edit: nvm 

Edited by SmittenCake

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

2 hours ago, BNF91 said:

2nd wknd holds in OS markets.. SO stable wow... :jonny5:

Singapore (+4%)

Indonesia (-7%)

Poland (-10%)

South Africa (-11%)

UK (-12%)

Austria (-12%)

Turkey (-15%)

New Zealand (-16%)

Brazil (-18%)

Germany (-20%)

Italy (-20%)

Australia (-28%)

Peru (-32%)

France (-33%)

Bulgaria (-34%)

Taiwan (-37%)

Spain (-39%)

Croatia (-41%)

Mexico (-46%)

Thailand (-59%)

China (-90%) :rip:

China :rip:

North America ( US + Canada + Mexico) being the least prejudiced countries on earth. We been known !!!

This movie was excellent, the reviews are great for a Disney remake, the original is beloved, the singing was real, there is no legitimate reason for it to perform at 1/5 of any other Disney live action remake.

This was so good. :jonnycat: I knew I wasn't gonna be disapppointed. Everything was on point and I didn't even feel the 2 hours runtime (unlike The Lion King). The "Under The Sea" scene :WAP:

The user reviews on imdb are rough. Didn't they say they were doing something to block that?

A black friend of mine complaining about Ariel color skin is a joke. 

International 2nd wknd actuals come in $650k higher as well.. $43.3M weekend. $141.1M total

Global total gets a $1.4M boost after Domestic/OS actuals update, to $328.1M. Meaning global weekend was $84.6M, slightly less than a 50% dip in wknd 2!

Edited by BNF91
  • Like 1

I really enjoyed the movie! It surpassed my expectations, especially Melissa's take on Ursula. Halle did a great job and had me glued to the screen in the first half, pre-human Ariel. Part of Your World was really well done. But when she became mute I felt she lost some charisma/energy and became kinda sleepy. She could've been more desperate to get her message across to Eric? But I guess Ursula changing up the spell to make Ariel forget she had to kiss him would explain her laxidasical attitude. 

Jonah did great as Eric. God he is so dreamy :heart: Perfect casting tbh. Even with that cringey song he got I loved his cute dimples and nice ass shots/bare chest scene. I agree that his and Ariel's relationship felt more fully realized in this version than the animated one. I appreciate that. 

Out of all the "I wonder how they'll remake this scene" excitement, I was

super interested to see how the Vanessa/Ursula transformation and the sabotage of her wedding to Eric would look... It was just okay. They could've done more but they took the easy way out imo. I think they ran out of budget for that scene bc it didn't even take place on a boat, didn't have the sea animals attacking Vanessa, and Ursula's tentacles didn't pop out in the same way as the original. Ariel climbing up the side of the boat in the og as the tension builds to race against the sunset was also missed in the live action. I get that they wanted her to take the power back by letting her rip off Ursula's necklace herself but that scene felt slightly shoe-horned in. Then they basically cut away when Vanessa transforms back to Ursula. (I felt the same way about Ariel's transformation into a human. I needed to see her legs split apart from her tail more definitively. There were a lot of "clouds" and whirling wind to disguise the transformation. I liked in the original how it was her silhouette in that yellow bubble. I also missed her signing the contract... then Triton trying to destroy it later on... etc.) Ok and one more gripe: I wanted Ariel to fall down at the center of the whirlpool at the end and Ursula tries to get her with the trident and Ariel dodges the attack... images like that were just seared into my brain as a kid but I get that they don't wanna do a scene for scene copy

Overall it was such a thrill seeing one of my favorite Disney animated movies as a kid made into this movie. I'd watch it again, maybe in XD

Had extremely low expectations for this movie but I watched it today and I REALLY enjoyed it :WAP:

Not a fan of live actions, but this actually ATE :clap3:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aristotle said:

Disney bombed with their gay male characters. Lesbians are winning in videogames. GP only tolerates lesbians in media not us gheys.

VapidCoolHusky-size_restricted.gif

Disney bombed cause the movies were bad. Period. Even if they didn't have gay characters it still would've bombed 

8/10

way better than i expected, halle and jonah were perfect for their roles and had great chemistry.

the last scenes didn't really work for me but still a solid movie overall

Monday looking around $4.5M domestic. 

Same drop as Aladdin. So we should see a nice jump tomorrow. 

Edit: actual is $4.6M

Edited by BNF91
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BNF91 said:

:duca:

2 hours ago, BNF91 said:

amazing

I find it really disheartening how many of the Asian countries choose to let their prejudice get in the way of watching this movie because of someone's skin color. How narrow minded can you be?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Imagine if they put the money they used to make Indiana Jones into this movie instead. We would have gotten a better wedding and fight scene. The Indiana Jones movie should have been a Disney+ exclusive instead.

1 hour ago, Johnny Jacobs said:

Will it even surpass 500m? :noparty:

No. It’s got about another 2 weeks and it’s off to Disney+. 

• Thumbs Down 1

25 minutes ago, Horizon Flame said:

You have no idea what you’re talking about (as usual)

Of course it will pass $500M

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Horizon Flame said:

:rip:

On 6/5/2023 at 8:52 PM, UnfairTop said:

The user reviews on imdb are rough. Didn't they say they were doing something to block that?

They are doing something:

Unusual activity

Our rating mechanism has detected unusual voting activity on this title. To preserve the reliability of our rating system, an alternate weighting calculation has been applied.

5 hours ago, Rebel Lion said:

I find it really disheartening how many of the Asian countries choose to let their prejudice get in the way of watching this movie because of someone's skin color. How narrow minded can you be?

Maybe they deserve those dog jokes after all. :foxaylove2:

Edited by ToMmY
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, CaptainMusic said:

You have no idea what you’re talking about (as usual)

Of course it will pass $500M

It’ll be a photo finish to $500M, which is a low bar to begin with. This just didn’t turn out well BO wise. 

• Thumbs Down 2

I really hope Disney does a sequel or even a prequel like the animated series on Disney+ as an FU to all the racists who think they are winning right now.

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.