The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

1 minute ago, BNF91 said:

The post from me that you quoted literally has the Japan release included on wk 3 and the running total of $197M very much not even close to $275M.. why would I assume you're referring to anything other than the content in my post with your reply? I already explained the context of the post from 5 hours prior, and then I learned that it was releasing next weekend. 

No offense but you seem to be a little bit emotionally invested in all this. :rip:  OK I was wrong let's move on.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

4 hours ago, Delirious said:

It's so funny how many have a hate boner for this movie.

Someone edited on Wikipedia and wrote TWICE that it was a box office bomb when it hasn't even finished its box office run yet. So ******* stupid :bibliahh::rip:

They wrote grossed '$200m on a budget of $250m making it a box office bomb'

Thank god it got changed by some mods and now the article got locked so these brainless stupid cucks can't edit it anymore with their awful takes :bibliahh:

Crazy! :ahh:

It’s so sad that this movie will probably end up not breaking even when all is said and done because it’s my favourite live action remake to date, it was such a beautiful film.

Racism won sadly, the hate complain for this film truly ruined its chances at being a billion dollar film, I hate that stupid incels wrote the film off before even watching it based on the lead actress being black, it makes my blood BOIL

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Pink Ranger said:

It’s so sad that this movie will probably end up not breaking even when all is said and done because it’s my favourite live action remake to date, it was such a beautiful film.

Racism won sadly, the hate complain for this film truly ruined its chances at being a billion dollar film, I hate that stupid incels wrote the film off before even watching it based on the lead actress being black, it makes my blood BOIL

With a +600M WW  box office and bit more progressive ancillary figures a break-even point is  a shoe-in and might turn a small profit.

Home entertainment, streaming, pay-for-TV and international TV will bring a profit of 70M-100M. (Disney also has additional costs like video costs which usually cost around 50M dollars and those are included on the profit number)

Disney is not dumb to drop so much money on their movies and be completely depended on Box Office. 

However it is still an underperformance since nearly all Disney remakes broke even from the Box Office alone. 

3 hours ago, Pink Ranger said:

The incels wouldn't be watching it either way so....💀

It's like remember they boycotted the last of us part 2 crazily but then it surpassed all sales expectations and the incels are so mad to this very day? ,💀

• Like 1

The US numbers are solid. At least this one was actually pretty enjoyable and has elements stronger than the original like Ariel/Eric's relationship. The #s on Disney+ will probably be huuuuge

• Like 1

Spoiler

Obsessed with this scene:WAP:

• Like 2

I'm glad it's still ending up a "success". There is still hope for this world. :clap3:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pink Ranger said:

This was also my most favorite Disney live action remake ever and it makes me so angry that other people won’t give it a chance just because the main lead is black. Was watching a couple of videos saying how the domestic box office is great but internationally, the film isn’t doing too well which is such a shame. The China and South Korea numbers literally make me depressed but hopefully Japan can pull through.

• Like 1

I watched with an open mind hoping this remake would be one  to prove the naysayers wrong but idk.. I wasn't impressed. It wasn't exactly horrible (some of the songs were horrible:rip:) but it wasn't great either. I think a live action about Ursula would have made for a much more interesting film. Almost everything from the 1989 version is superior, you'd think flounder/sebastian would look better in CGI but they looked nightmare ish. This movie just lacked the charm of the original.

With all that said, I still hope it does well. I've seen worse movies surpass a billion at box office 

250M Budget

140M Promo

50M Video costs

10M Interest costs

~300M - Box Office Profit 

~150M - Disney+ Streaming, Pay-for-TV and Home entertainment 

That's a break even point without including merchandise. 

Mind you, the 150M figure is very conservative and the odds that it will make significantly less than that for this movie are low.

$41.39M final this weekend in US

total: $186.99M in US so far

5 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

$41.39M final this weekend in US

total: $186.99M in US so far

Nice +$700k from estimates.

Just -18% on Sunday better than Aladdin's hold. I think TLM can gain some good ground this week on Aladdin as it had a weird 66% drop this Monday. Don't think TLM will drop like that but we will see. Either way the Tuesday jump will be real nice. 

1 minute ago, BNF91 said:

Nice +$700k from estimates.

Just -18% on Sunday better than Aladdin's hold. I think TLM can gain some good ground this week on Aladdin as it had a weird 66% drop this Monday. Don't think TLM will drop like that but we will see. Either way the Tuesday jump will be real nice. 

It’s a shame that it was released around so much competition as it could’ve had a better hold, but at least it’s holding up better than I thought it would 

2nd wknd holds in OS markets.. SO stable wow... :jonny5:

Singapore (+4%)

Indonesia (-7%)

Poland (-10%)

South Africa (-11%)

UK (-12%)

Austria (-12%)

Turkey (-15%)

New Zealand (-16%)

Brazil (-18%)

Germany (-20%)

Italy (-20%)

Australia (-28%)

Peru (-32%)

France (-33%)

Bulgaria (-34%)

Taiwan (-37%)

Spain (-39%)

Croatia (-41%)

Mexico (-46%)

Thailand (-59%)

China (-90%) :rip:

Edited by BNF91

10 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

It’s a shame that it was released around so much competition as it could’ve had a better hold, but at least it’s holding up better than I thought it would 

Tbh even without competition this would have seen at minimum a -45% drop on this specific weekend, as audiences begin the shift more to weekday viewings as summer rolls in. That's why we should see better drops for Monday and softer jumps on Fridays now for a bit. In a couple weeks we will be seeing really nice -50% holds on Mondays which sets up the whole week well, which is where TLMs legs will come from. 

I'll add that this -56% drop is very good still. Aladdin fell 53% in the face of Godzilla KOTM, which flopped with just $47M. 56% against a $120M debut is really great. I think TLM should match if not hold better than Aladdin next weekend. Even though they flopped, Dark Phoenix and The Secret Life of Pets 2 releasing on Aladdin's third weekend was 8000 screens that were taken away from everyone else. So it faced way more comp than TLM next weekend with the middling Transformers that is boy-centric. 

Edited by BNF91

Japan might be a bright spot in Asia... Presales tracking hasn't shown the same signs of bombage as China/SK. Some even showing slightly better presales than Fast X. 

Maybe we will be able to count on a bit of money from Japan after all. 

19 hours ago, Delirious said:

It's like remember they boycotted the last of us part 2 crazily but then it surpassed all sales expectations and the incels are so mad to this very day? ,💀

Disney bombed with their gay male characters. Lesbians are winning in videogames. GP only tolerates lesbians in media not us gheys.

VapidCoolHusky-size_restricted.gif

1 hour ago, BNF91 said:

Japan might be a bright spot in Asia... Presales tracking hasn't shown the same signs of bombage as China/SK. Some even showing slightly better presales than Fast X. 

Maybe we will be able to count on a bit of money from Japan after all. 

what about Taiwan? 

edit: nvm 

Edited by SmittenCake

2 hours ago, BNF91 said:

2nd wknd holds in OS markets.. SO stable wow... :jonny5:

Singapore (+4%)

Indonesia (-7%)

Poland (-10%)

South Africa (-11%)

UK (-12%)

Austria (-12%)

Turkey (-15%)

New Zealand (-16%)

Brazil (-18%)

Germany (-20%)

Italy (-20%)

Australia (-28%)

Peru (-32%)

France (-33%)

Bulgaria (-34%)

Taiwan (-37%)

Spain (-39%)

Croatia (-41%)

Mexico (-46%)

Thailand (-59%)

China (-90%) :rip:

China :rip:

North America ( US + Canada + Mexico) being the least prejudiced countries on earth. We been known !!!

This movie was excellent, the reviews are great for a Disney remake, the original is beloved, the singing was real, there is no legitimate reason for it to perform at 1/5 of any other Disney live action remake.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.