The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

1 hour ago, Gaia said:

Curious why didn’t they hit up James Cameron for some underwater filming or anything. The clips I’ve seen look too obviously fake especially the hair on the water. Makes it hard to want to see it

I honestly don't think it looks that bad...

Β 

And it's not a totally fair comparison, yes the underwater scenes in Avatar look INSANE.... but the characters aren't belting out huge musical numbers underwater, nor acting their hearts out, they just kind of ... swim? It would have been almost impossible to integrate that technique for TLM.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

$6.8M for Thursday

Aladdin did $6.4M

Β 

The Lion King - $15M

Beauty and the Beast - $10.9M

The Little Mermaid - $6.8M

Alice in Wonderland - $6.7M

Aladdin - $6.4M

Cinderella - $4.5M

Dumbo - $2M

Β 

Deadline:

Disney’s The Little Mermaid led all films in regular release yesterday with $6.8M (-17% from Wednesday) ending its week with an estimated $145.7M at 4,320 theaters, +2% ahead of the first week of Aladdin.

Β 

Edited by chosensparkles

Of course Avatar looks better. They spent a literal decade making it and coming up with the technology.Β 

1 hour ago, chosensparkles said:

$6.8M for Thursday

Aladdin did $6.4M

Β 

The Lion King - $15M

Beauty and the Beast - $10.9M

The Little Mermaid - $6.8M

Alice in Wonderland - $6.7M

Aladdin - $6.4M

Cinderella - $4.5M

Dumbo - $2M

Β 

Deadline:

Β 

Might be a touch higher.. have some saying $7M. Either number would be a great hold against the Spiderman previews.Β 

20 minutes ago, BNF91 said:

Might be a touch higher.. have some saying $7M. Either number would be a great hold against the Spiderman previews.Β 

Yes do we have UK

1 hour ago, BNF91 said:

https://twitter.com/borreport/status/1664700349221949463?s=46&t=Eka0cQoMAKutjqYjKTXx8g

3 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:
DOMESTIC (64.8%)Β 
$145,607,067
Β as of Yesterday

What does this mean? Did it have a good second week? Is it tracking the same as other Disney live actions? Sorry I'm still learning how to read the Box Office numbers,

6 minutes ago, New Edition said:

What does this mean? Did it have a good second week? Is it tracking the same as other Disney live actions? Sorry I'm still learning how to read the Box Office numbers,

Basically 64% drop from this day last week. It’s made $200M so far in 2 weeks. But its budget is about that plus Marketing. So it needs like double this to make a profit.Β 
Β 

that’s the simplest way to break it down, other people in this thread can explain it better. It’s doing very bad overseas, and domestic ain’t really that great, but it’s still fine. Strong opening week, on par with a typical blockbusterΒ 

17 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

Basically 64% drop from this day last week. It’s made $200M so far in 2 weeks. But its budget is about that plus Marketing. So it needs like double this to make a profit.Β 
Β 

that’s the simplest way to break it down, other people in this thread can explain it better. It’s doing very bad overseas, and domestic ain’t really that great, but it’s still fine. Strong opening week, on par with a typical blockbusterΒ 

I see thanks for explaining. Do you think this movie did its job in launching Halle's career?

4 minutes ago, New Edition said:

I see thanks for explaining. Do you think this movie did its job in launching Halle's career?

Yeah I think she is gonna get more roles. This is gonna do well when it hits Disney+Β 

Early Friday numbers coming in and TLM is killing it. Another $12.5M Friday, nicely ahead of Aladdin's Friday ($11.8M) and on track for something like $45M 2nd weekend.

Β 

That would be an extremely strong 2nd weekend hold for post memorial weekend, on top of facing a $120-130M opener and losing PLFs/IMAX screens. Legs are sprouting!

Edited by BNF91

4 hours ago, New Edition said:

So TL:DR how's this movie doing overall?

Domestic is doing very well, should be blasting past $200M domestic alone on the coming Tuesday/Wednesday.Β  Overseas not so hot but performing well in pockets around the world. The total you see here is just for about 8-9 dayand missing some data. the OS total is only up to Monday so we are missing a couple days of OS box office. I would imagine it's probably around $95-110M OS by now heading into weekend 2.Β 

Β 

It is doing what it can to recover and pretty decently IMO. Domestic is really starting to rev up some legs.Β 

It is truly interesting that this is holding up pretty well in the English speaking world, but disastrously everywhere else.

Spoiler

Tells you a bit about the realities of anti-blackness outside of the anglosphereΒ :mandown:

Β 

Italy: Back to #1 on Friday ahead of Spiderman (in its debut wknd):jonny5:

Β 

Spain: Opening 5-day bigger than GOTG3 6-dayΒ :clap3:

Edited by BNF91

4 hours ago, BNF91 said:

Early Friday numbers coming in and TLM is killing it. Another $12.5M Friday, nicely ahead of Aladdin's Friday ($11.8M) and on track for something like $45M 2nd weekend.

Β 

That would be an extremely strong 2nd weekend hold for post memorial weekend, on top of facing a $120-130M opener and losing PLFs/IMAX screens. Legs are sprouting!

Oh wow

1 hour ago, BNF91 said:

Italy: Back to #1 on Friday ahead of Spiderman (in its debut wknd):jonny5:

Β 

Spain: Opening 5-day bigger than GOTG3 6-dayΒ :clap3:

oh wow!!!

Italy:

Β 

#1. The Little Mermaid β€” $895k (+14.6% w2w) $7.4M total

#2. Spider-Man β€” $745k

Had a chance to watch this today and it was spectacular. Childhood reimaginedΒ Β :jonny:

Β 

• Like 1

Made Part of Your World Reprise 2 my Grindr comeback bio after breakupΒ :chick3: Ariel girl, youve been my rock in these rocky times.Β 

UK: 2nd Friday down a mere 4% from last FridayΒ :jonny5:

This is getting weird like what are these holds??

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.