The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

2 hours ago, MrLovett said:

Imagine thinking she wants ignorant, racist fans. :toofunny3: It's clear which person has morals here.

I would have done the same thing tbh!! It was blatant racism hidden in a compliment

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

Italy: 2nd Wednesday is down just 26% from the opening day last week! 

UK: Extremely stable run so far. Friday debut was actually its lowest day so far.

Friday £1.47m

Saturday £1.75m

Sunday £1.93m

Monday £1.91m

Tuesday £1.56m

Wednesday £1.85m

Edited by BNF91

1 minute ago, BNF91 said:

Italy: 2nd Wednesday is down just 26% from the opening day last week! 

UK: Extremely stable run so far. Friday debut was actually its lowest day so far.

Friday £1.47m

Saturday £1.75m

Sunday £1.93m

Monday £1.91m

Tuesday £1.56m

Wednesday £1.85m

Ariel showing legs

Italy: $6M total so far with $500k gained on Wednesday

9 hours ago, BNF91 said:

TLM #1 Opening week of 2023 in the Philippines 

Ugh. Glad our country pulled through. So proud. :clap3:

NO SPOILERS

I don't call the actors by their name except for Halle because I don't know most of them:

Triton was a disaster. If his acting was a painting I would ask for a refund. Ursula was so-so.

Eric looked very charming but his script, body language and to a lesser degree acting could've done better. In some of his pics posted here he looked really bad but I did not see that at all. He approximated the physical appearance of the prince better than any other remake prince did. Better actor than Philip and not as much as Prince Charming in Cinderella. 

The animals looked and acted soulless like in other remakes but more progressive than the Lady and the Tramp (the trailer) and a bit worse than the TLK. 

Halle's acting was good but not as good as Aurora's and Cinderella's but still. Her lines were usually not very challenging and she sings or stays mute for 1/3 of film. So I cannot make a great judgment based on that. But she did approximate the mannerisms and the voice-acting of the OG Ariel better than Triton or Ursula did. Ariel in general is easier to act than Ursula or Triton so that gives Halle an advantage compared to the other two. But at the same time, Triton did not even bother. 

Edited by Aristotle

$8.2M for Wednesday in the US

2’d biggest of the year

over Aladdin $7.4M

5 minutes ago, chosensparkles said:

2’d biggest of the year

over Aladdin $7.4M

This is an excellent hold. $300M domestic looks a lot more likely now which will spare Disney some blushes.

12 minutes ago, Gossip_Boy said:

This is an excellent hold.

Oh wow, she is winning :clap3:

• Like 1

First Wednesday for Disney releases:

The Lion King - $17.03M (-43,9%)

Beauty and the Beast - $13.3M (-35,9%)

The Little Mermaid - $8.2M (-28,7%)

Aladdin - $7.4M (-37,9%)

Alice in Wonderland - $6.7M (-15,1%)

Cinderella - $4.57M (-21,4%)

Dumbo - $2.38M (-49,3%)

• Like 1

Damn, a brilliant Wednesday hold domestic. Down just 28% to $8.2M :clap3:

In comparison, Aladdin fell 38% to $7.4M

Edit: Oops I'm late

Double edit: Up to $8.3M now. Stellar Wed hold 

Edited by BNF91
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2023 at 7:44 PM, Aristotle said:

My money is on 600M to 650M total box office.

From April. Pretty accurate considering the movie is pushing $550M-$610 WW. 

Oh yea looks like Disney will probably Breakeven from this if it holds this well. The soundtrack will generate a maximum of $1m in profits.

Likely $500k only tho

Now...merch idk about that but we'll see

4 hours ago, chosensparkles said:

2’d biggest of the year

over Aladdin $7.4M

Great!!!:clap3:

So it's looking like there's no chance of any sort of sequel right? :'( 

Same holds as Aladdin until Sunday gets TLM a $47.5M 2nd weekend and just a few million short of $200M domestic by Sunday already. With Spiderverse about to explode it will likely hit TLM. A little bit. But if anything, it is pretty damn good counterprogramming to Spiderverse and will also be the #1 option for spillover from sellouts so who knows what happens. I'm inclined to believe that this will likely be very weekday heavy as we are entering peak summer weekdays. 

Let's say a $40-45M 2nd weekend. Anything sub 60% would be solid IMO and set it up well to play through the summer very much like Aladdin did. This is also skewing mega female heavy, like mid to high 60s percent of viewers are female. Apart from Elemental (which is flop city) there's nothing until Barbie in mid July to affect it a ton. 

Edited by BNF91

Just saw this in theater, it was so good :smitten:

Halle IS Ariel. Her voice, her mannerisms, everything. She outsold the original. Sebastian and Scuttle were also hilarious as well, really enjoyed their banter. I’m not a fan of Lin Manuel Miranda, so I might be biased when I say he was kind of meh, but otherwise I thought the movie was really good

• Like 2

https://twitter.com/versacemeg/status/1664425706883883008?t=RyJ_GrU1Xtz3HapQbeSIKw&s=19

:weeps:

6 minutes ago, ZIVERT said:

Just saw this in theater, it was so good :smitten:

Halle IS Ariel. Her voice, her mannerisms, everything. She outsold the original. Sebastian and Scuttle were also hilarious as well, really enjoyed their banter. I’m not a fan of Lin Manuel Miranda, so I might be biased when I say he was kind of meh, but otherwise I thought the movie was really good

:gaygacat4:

Italy 2nd Thursday 

up from last week (+1.9%)

$525k

$6.5M total 

#3 in France on Thursday

should be back to #2 for the weekend

Curious why didn’t they hit up James Cameron for some underwater filming or anything. The clips I’ve seen look too obviously fake especially the hair on the water. Makes it hard to want to see it

47 minutes ago, Gaia said:

Curious why didn’t they hit up James Cameron for some underwater filming or anything. The clips I’ve seen look too obviously fake especially the hair on the water. Makes it hard to want to see it

Girl... it's a Di$ney live action not an Avatar movie. :deadbanana4:

18 minutes ago, V$. said:

Girl... it's a Di$ney live action not an Avatar movie. :deadbanana4:

Yeah but they could have made it seem like more than a cheap cash grab.

Its supposed to be “realistic” hence the awful visuals of the crab and fish to look “real”

Like sure that would increase budget but a big part of the flack this movie has gotten has been visuals. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.