The Little Mermaid (2023) | Makes a BIG streaming splash on Disney+ | 16M views! 🫧🐚

V$.

***** I am floored :jonny5: This looks so stunning. I knew they wouldn't **** up my fave disney classic 

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• V$.

• Lovett

• Aethereal

• chosensparkles

She doesn’t look like she’s underwater at all towards the end. Even the Aquaman underwater scenes were more believable and those effects are from almost 5 years ago at this point. 

She sounds amazing.

all the racists in here… smh

Wow that was....very touching. Why am I emotional? Her vocals are so beautiful...

tumblr_inline_ms25d0zvaZ1qz4rgp.gif

Edited by bowdown

3 minutes ago, Communion said:

Why did I lowkey tear up at the end? :gaycat6:

Her voice is truly something else :jonny5:

I have no interest in this movie but finally  it seems the classic songs are going to be done justice by a real vocalist. 

The beauty and the beast songs were horrific and even Beyoncé didn’t seem to deliver for TLK. 

I think this looks stunning & I really hope the film smashes, so that the racists can shut up. The only concern I would have is that the colours feel a little dull and dark, other than that looks great & I definitely will be watching.

Cinematography looks like shite just like TLK but Halle looks and sounds great 

I know she's gonna eat vocally. I'm still questioning Disney's live adaptations though.

And the same racist members running to this thread. :rip: 

Edited by Starshine

26 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

This thread makes me wonder what the reaction would be like if Zendaya was cast as Ariel. 

Zendaya isnt young enough or Gorgeous enough to play Ariel, neither is this chick, they should have gotten an unknown teen black actress if they wanted to go that route. 

The trailer made this Ariel look like midgetmac from I love New York.

There are tons of black actresses that could have made a great Ariel, but this chick here, nope its just not doing it for me. 

Edited by Distantconstellation

I am so excited for this omg. As expected, Halle looks stunning and her voice gave me goosebumps. May 2023, hurry! :jonny6:

1 minute ago, Distantconstellation said:

Zendaya isnt young enough or Gorgeous enough to play Ariel, neither is this chick, they should have gotten an unknown teen black actress if they wanted to go that route. 

The trailer made this Ariel look like midgetmac from I love New York.

Wtf is this comment? Zendaya and Halle aren’t “gorgeous enough”? What a shallow take.

I got chills from those 5 seconds of singing at the end there, she’s really going to body this role. :WAP:

i love her voice. but the look isnt it. how can they animate a fish without looking like the pokemon live action. or the panned lion king mess:redface:

I’m not sure what teaser everyone else is watching that has them so hyped but this looks ok so far.. they need to brighten her hair up a bit or something. She sounded great but sounded a little off to me. Still excited though hope it’s not a TLK flop :lakitu:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.