Cocktails With Queens support & defend Macy Gray over her trans comments

Bey Admired

This entire video is quite revealing as it pertains to where the mindset of many cis-women is right now. 

Claudia Jordan and Vivica Fox made some very pertinent points. I don’t agree with everything they said but it was interesting to hear their perspectives nonetheless. 

What do y’all think? Have a watch and let me know.

I’ve got a feeling this segment is going to stir up quite a bit of controversy in the coming days. 

I agree with them :cm:

macy really backtracked her statements instantly once she realized she would get heat for it. like if i speak and come at people at least stand your ground. dont twist around and lie out of fear of getting dragged.

2 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

macy really backtracked her statements instantly once she realized she would get heat for it. like if i speak and come at people at least stand your ground. dont twist around and lie out of fear of getting dragged.

I agree that she should have stood her ground. Trans women generally accept that there is a difference between their lived experience compared to that of cis-women. She just worded it very badly and didn’t have bad intentions. 

i lost a brain cell everytime they felt the need to point out that they are "actual" women :monkey:

i don't think any of them or macy are anti trans bigots like j.k but they cleary need to be educated on this subject 

Edited by wehan6

That Lisa woman acting like trans women are a new phenomenon :toofunny3: it might be to your ignorant self but in terms of society, we’ve been here from the beginning. Just like the rest of you.

’Natural born women’ transphobic cis women love that line. If that’s what helps you sleep at night ladies then sure, go off you natural born women :toofunny3:

Also the commentary that the LGBTQ+ community says things about heterosexuals but aren’t chastised for it. Heterosexuals AREN’T A MINORITY. They aren’t persecuted for who they are. Such dumb logic. I’ve never witnessed anything straight-phobic towards heterosexuals 

They made zero points and have zero knowledge about trans people :rip:  This was tiring to watch. 

3 hours ago, Donquizote said:

I agree with them :cm:

then you’re transphobic :cm:

They made 0 points, they sound uneducated :rip:

The bit from homosexuals can say what they want about heterosexuals, but we can't say anything about homosexuals tho, worms for brains. If you take anything they said serious after getting to that point I don't know what to tell you

"Women get attacked when you say even just women now". Nobody is being attacked for that. This is the same talking points and fear mongering that has been used to go after minorities for centuries now.

NOBODY is denying that cis women have their own experiences, people just want trans women to be validated as the trans women they are, same as trans men. Funny enough a lot of the trans inclusive language that some cis women seem to complain about is actually language used by trans men like "people who menstruate" and not by trans women, but they seem to have a bigger problem with trans women.

I lost brain cells from watching this...

You can tell they all had worse things to say but held their tongue. I feel like Macy's comments were belittling to the trans community. 

Also these a-holes cry about cancel culture when they are the ones who cancelled themselves by saying mean or hurtful things disguised as an opinion. 

Edited by shinyshimmery

Some of the things they said aren't COMPLETELY wrong. To be fair, hearing the full thing + apology I heard from Macy, I do understand where she gets at too, even if I don't fully agree with what she said/how she worded it.

I'll say I mostly agree with them that conversations and discussions without going to full-on attacks are necessary for us to understand each other and support each other in the future. However they should also understand that trans people aren't trying to "attack" them for calling themselves women or whatever they spewed. 

Really this segment was mostly just boomer bitching disguised as "healthy discussion".

I do find the whole hetros get crucified for saying things about the lgbt community but the lgbt community can get way with saying anything extraordinarily ignorant. 

At the end of the day it boils down to the fact that language is a complex thing and words or labels can cover a very broad spectrum of meanings and people or things they cover. ciswomen, intersex women, and trans women all can be called women can all be classified as women without invalidating  the experiences of each individual women. 

I get what they’re saying. 

13:37 timestamp, retweet

Nowadays, many people jump to placing the least charitable label on someone without having a fair conversation on their views.

In this world, it doesn't matter what you actually believe, do, or say--only how many people label you as [insert undesirable label here]. It's laughable now that even drag queens get called out for the most inane garbage, and it does ruin people's livelihoods, regardless of how many people want to pretend cancel culture doesn't exist

1 hour ago, Jay-El said:

I get what they’re saying. 

6 hours ago, Cloudy said:

They made 0 points, they sound uneducated :rip:

The bit from homosexuals can say what they want about heterosexuals, but we can't say anything about homosexuals tho, worms for brains. If you take anything they said serious after getting to that point I don't know what to tell you

Respectfully, calling these intelligent women “uneducated” is not the read you think it is. 

I agree that the comment referencing homosexuals saying what they want about heterosexuals was ignorant. But I don’t have to agree with everything they say to appreciate their perspectives. 

57 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

Respectfully, calling these intelligent women “uneducated” is not the read you think it is. 

I agree that the comment referencing homosexuals saying what they want about heterosexuals was ignorant. But I don’t have to agree with everything they say to appreciate their perspectives. 

I mean having a panel to discuss trans issues without having any trans women on it is at the very least willfully ignorant so calling them uneducated on this issue which they clearly aren't is perfectly reasonable. They are just parroting the same boomer conservative talking point nonsense that TERFs and their ilk have made their life's work to try to convince the public is the morally "right" view.

9 hours ago, ReginaPhalange said:

Also the commentary that the LGBTQ+ community says things about heterosexuals but aren’t chastised for it. Heterosexuals AREN’T A MINORITY. They aren’t persecuted for who they are. Such dumb logic. I’ve never witnessed anything straight-phobic towards heterosexuals 

I have to stop watching that show for this reason. While racism and sexism are VERY REAL, they do not understand the privilege they have being cisgender and heterosexual.

Trans people are more in danger whenever comments and conversations like Piers and Macy occur. 

Also, it is irritating to constantly have non-trans people speak on transgender topics without people who've lived that experience in the room.

To constantly tell people they are "too sensitive" is annoying, because we don't get to determine or dictate how and when others should get offended or not. 

4 hours ago, applestar said:

13:37 timestamp, retweet

Nowadays, many people jump to placing the least charitable label on someone without having a fair conversation on their views.

In this world, it doesn't matter what you actually believe, do, or say--only how many people label you as [insert undesirable label here]. It's laughable now that even drag queens get called out for the most inane garbage, and it does ruin people's livelihoods, regardless of how many people want to pretend cancel culture doesn't exist

This is facts. That's like one of the few points they made.

Most of what they were saying was some nonsense. They're so damn dumb, talking about fear of cancellation or whatever as if Gay people have some insane amount of power. 

She walked back her comment out of embarrassment and realizing the only people who care about Macy Gray in 2022 - aka the pride gigs she books - are in a far different place mentally than her.

Good she apologized and realized what she said wasn't up to snuff. 

OP needs to learn when to take the L already re: trans people. 

Edited by Communion

16 hours ago, Communion said:

She walked back her comment out of embarrassment and realizing the only people who care about Macy Gray in 2022 - aka the pride gigs she books - are in a far different place mentally than her.

Good she apologized and realized what she said wasn't up to snuff. 

OP needs to learn when to take the L already re: trans people. 

She walked back her comments because she was bullied and threatened into doing so. People threatened her livelihood if she did not backtrack. You think that’s normal? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.