Predominantly white crowd sings the N-word at Roddy Ricch concert; Twitter dragging

State of Grace.

5 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Girl :rip: You don’t get to choose who’s allowed to say what.

Let’s just retire the word in general. It’s crazy to think everyone will comply to your opinion. 

If you’re not black, don’t quote me. A non black person isn’t gonna tell me what’s acceptable regarding the n word. I don’t give a damn what you say. 

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frenchyisback

• Armani?

• Apolonio

• Hurem

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Serendipity said:

I’m really shocked at this thread 

Anyone non black, just don’t say the n word it’s not that bloody difficult! 

People are truly idiots I swear. White people wanna be “down” so bad. :skull: 

Just now, Jay-El said:

If you’re not black, don’t quote me. A non black person isn’t gonna tell me what’s acceptable regarding the n word. I don’t give a damn what you say. 

Boo, this attitude won’t get you nowhere. If you think of “reclaiming the word” as thinking you get the right the police who’s allowed to say a word… :dancehall:

Omg :rip:

12 minutes ago, Hurem said:

Let’s just retire the word in general. It’s crazy to think everyone will comply to your opinion. 

stop being silly though of course black people can reclaim a word same as gay people can reclaim f**. 

10 minutes ago, Jay-El said:

People are truly idiots I swear. White people wanna be “down” so bad. :skull: 

Don't bother dealing with idiots

3 minutes ago, brazil said:

stop being silly though of course black people can reclaim a word same as gay people can reclaim f**. 

I see reclaiming as not getting offended when someone calls me a ***. That way the word loses it’s power and they can’t use it as a slur anymore. And I really don’t care if someone calls me a ***, let alone would I try to police anyone on saying the word :skull: 

4 minutes ago, Hurem said:

I see reclaiming as not getting offended when someone calls me a ***. That way the word loses it’s power and they can’t use it as a slur anymore. And I really don’t care if someone calls me a ***, let alone would I try to police anyone on saying the word :skull: 

Well that's on you, reality is non LGBT people, shouldn't be able to say *** in a derogatory way, you might be OK with that, but that type of language is coercive to millions of gays growing, it impacts the psyche in ways most can't even recognize, so yeah people can police others language!

Edited by brazil

Just now, Hurem said:

Well that's on you, reality is non LGBT people, shouldn't be able to say *** in a derogatory way, you might be OK with that, but that type of language is coercive to millions of gays growing, it impacts the psyche in was most can't even recognize, so yeah people can police others language!

3 minutes ago, brazil said:

Well that's on you, reality is non LGBT people, shouldn't be able to say *** in a derogatory way, you might be OK with that, but that type of language is coercive to millions of gays growing, it impacts the psyche in ways most can't even recognize, so yeah people can police others language!

I see your point, but me telling someone “sorry, you can’t say ***!” isn’t gonna do ****. What am I gonna do? Arrest them for calling me a ***? Girl please.

That’s why screaming “you’re not allowed to say that!!1” doesn’t work, you can just end up being annoying. It’s a much better solution to educate others instead trying to act as if you have to right to tell them how to behave, it’s kinda counterproductive.

28 minutes ago, Hurem said:

The n word is a slur point blank. Non black people should say it NEVER. Is it really that hard a concept?

is it gross? yes

but if you’re putting those words in your songs and singing them to a crowd, as an artist you have to know people will sing along

sure people CAN self censor but it’s just not realistic to expect that of an entire crowd, especially when lots of them are probably drunk :rip: 

im not trying to defend that using that word is ever OK or appropriate but u gotta be realistic here because there ARE lots of nonblack people who definitely are not ashamed to still use the word

Edited by Scandalous

34 minutes ago, Hurem said:

I mean, most of the people who were outraged were liberals Twitter users, and they always try to dictate what people should or shouldn't say. :toofunny2:

Nice avi btw. :yum:

Edited by Sugar-Rush

Homestly if people can't understand why non blacks shouldn't say the n word then I suggest they take Camila racial healing sessions. They severely need it.

6 hours ago, Chris said:

The amount of ignorance in this thread is astounding.

Its alarming how many people r openly racist

3 minutes ago, Insanity said:

Homestly if people can't understand why non blacks shouldn't say the n word then I suggest they take Camila racial healing sessions. They severely need it.

Don't include that word in any song. It's not that difficult. You can't expect people avoiding certain words they hear every day.

5 minutes ago, Insanity said:

The n word is a slur point blank. Non black people should say it NEVER. Is it really that hard a concept?

Like I said, if you want people to stop saying the word - just retire it. You can't expect people to understand the weight that the word holds when it gets used so much in music these days. Thinking it is realistic that one community gets the ownership of a word and that others will follow because people on the internet said so is kinda delusional.

• ATRL Moderator

It's simple. Don't use slurs from a community that you're not marginalized in. Not sure how it's 2022 and people haven't learned that.