Predominantly white crowd sings the N-word at Roddy Ricch concert; Twitter dragging

State of Grace.

How do people not get tired about being mad at everything

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frenchyisback

• Armani?

• Apolonio ₃₄

• Hurem

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The amount of ignorance in this thread is astounding.

22 minutes ago, Gaia said:

How do people not get tired about being mad at everything

“Everything” what? This has been an issue. If you don’t care, say that :michael:

2 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

“Everything” what? This has been an issue. If you don’t care, say that :michael:

He's been racist numerous times, whenever celebs get called out for racism, he will be the first to say 'who cares' when Black and POC clearly do :bibliahh:

also to OP, these 'people' are black people, people like me :heart:

Edited by Gwendolyn

47 minutes ago, Chemist said:

wait I meant gay artists saying the f^word

My favorite rapper (Lyricist) EVER is a gay rapper. He now goes only by LASTO:

h

The way he SLAYED the last verse :gaycat6: Eminem could NEVER

Edited by frenchyisback

1 hour ago, Cas said:

The world is not the US. Bye

How is this relevant? This took place in the United Kingdom, a country with a racist history and has a HUGE black pressure. The N word was used historically been used by racist white people - and I can say this because I grew up here. 

White Brits know not to use the N word (especially in major multicultural cities like London), just say you dont care and GO :biblio:

5 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

He's been racist numerous times, whenever celebs get called out for racism, he will be the first to say 'who cares' when Black and POC clearly do :bibliahh:

200.gif

I for one think the word shouldn't even be used anymore but since it does the less we (non-back people) can do is not saying it regardless of the situation. :michael:

The psychosis on the internet is scary. Show me where in that clip a white person can be seen shouting the n word. It’s all conjecture & speculation. We’re mad about something that may not have even happened. It doesn’t make you a hero to meltdown online about this crap. It’s all histrionics.

4 minutes ago, LoveInStereo said:

The psychosis on the internet is scary. Show me where in that clip a white person can be seen shouting the n word. It’s all conjecture & speculation. We’re mad about something that may not have even happened. It doesn’t make you a hero to meltdown online about this crap. It’s all histrionics.

I'm sorry but are you deaf? You can clearly hear the word being shouted in the video, and there are many white people in that crowd.

Your posts never fail to amaze me :deadbanana4:

29 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

28 minutes ago, Gwendolyn said:

I’m black :rip: But I have a house, luxury car, and live very comfortably in my mid 20s because I don’t spend all day being mad people I don’t even know are saying a word with no obvious racist intent. 

What I’d actually get upset about is stuff like Justin Bieber’s racist video which was very obviously racist. But these things are so pointless. 

Im just saying spend a little less time being mad on the internet all day and do something productive?

Edited by Gaia

6 minutes ago, Gaia said:

I’m black :rip: But I have a house, luxury car, and live very comfortably in my mid 20s because I don’t spend all day being mad people I don’t even know are saying a word with no obvious racist intent. 

Ummm:skull:

It's giving the new version of Carlton Banks.  What does your wealth have to do with this lol

41 minutes ago, Gaia said:

What I’d actually get upset about is stuff like Justin Bieber’s racist video which was very obviously racist. But these things are so pointless. 

Im just saying spend a little less time being mad on the internet all day and do something productive?

Oh your black? Lemme remove the drag then :rip:

By telling people they can't say it, the Liklihood of them saying it increases, especially if people of color say it all the time and use it in their "art". 

If you want people to not say it stop using it in songs. That is literally the only context white people will encounter this word. 

It's a nasty word and nobody should use it. 

White people are idiots if they use it, black people are idiots if they use it, asian people are idiots if they use it and so on. 

13 hours ago, Thinking Of You said:

Ever since I literally received a letter of my great great great grandmother being given away during slavery as a birthday gift, I stopped saying the N-word. It’s different when the hardships of the word is right in front your face in a letter from such a horrendous time.

White people should not be saying it at all, especially with how they are. But I think even the Black community should leave it alone too. It’s a horrible word.

It should be that way, but then you have Dua and Kardi saying it, so it is expected that white people are saying it while driving, in their houses, thinkiong it is ok, at this point nothing can be done. 

14 hours ago, Jay-El said:

White people are sick. Simply don’t say the n word. It’s so simple. 

Or don’t put it in a song if you don’t want your fans signing it ? Why are we blaming people for singing it? It’s not like they’re going out saying it to everyone they meet. ?

I think you’re the racist one here, not people in the audience. He wrote the lyric. 

2 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

I'm sorry but are you deaf? You can clearly hear the word being shouted in the video, and there are many white people in that crowd.

Then don’t make it a lyric if you don’t plan on white folks showing up to the show. It’s a damn lyric. Not people saying it for zero reason. Insufferable. 

10 minutes ago, ALΞX said:

Or don’t put it in a song if you don’t want your fans signing it ? Why are we blaming people for singing it? It’s not like they’re going out saying it to everyone they meet. ?

I think you’re the racist one here, not people in the audience. He wrote the lyric. 

7 minutes ago, ALΞX said:

Then don’t make it a lyric if you don’t plan on white folks showing up to the show. It’s a damn lyric. Not people saying it for zero reason. Insufferable. 

I'm not gonna say black people or artists should stop saying it because that's up to them not me, but how about you... simply do not say the slur even if it's in a song? Some of you would flip if this was a gay artist's concert and they had a song with *** on it with a bunch of straights shouting it. (although I hate this analogy)

And there's no racism in here when the people in question are white.  :zzz:

Edited by State of Grace.

39 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

I'm not gonna say black people or artists should stop saying it because that's up to them not me, but how about you... simply do not say the slur even if it's in a song? Some of you would flip if this was a gay artist's concert and they had a song with *** on it with a bunch of straights shouting it. (although I hate this analogy)

And there's no racism in here when the people in question are white.  :zzz:

Honestly, if Lil Nas X had a song with the word F** in it (not sure if he does) and his fans were shouting it during a concert even if straights were among them I don't think most people would make a big deal out of it. 

Everything you say depends on context, tone and intent. If these people are Lil Nas X fans most likely they're not homophobes to begin with, wr have bigger issues to worry about than this.

Imagine going to a Roddy Ricch concert.

4 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

I think that is part of the issue here though - the word was sang by a capacity of 50k, who in their right mind thinks they have the ability to police a crowd chant. Like, quite literally yelling into a void, or trying to cancel a dead person, it is an exhausting waste of energy and obviously just ends up in discourse with no solution.

At least Kendrick and Doja have stated on stage their stances, but if roddy's like "sing it!" to a festival crowd, why expect anything less? :rip:

I’m really shocked at this thread 

Anyone non black, just don’t say the n word it’s not that bloody difficult! 

This discussion's been unpacked here every way I thought it would. Except for the concept of reclamation of the word within hip-hop which was discussed here briefly but not enough. Only time I can recall it getting this much attention was the Eminem and J.Lo controversies back in the early 2000s: https://www.heraldextra.com/entertainment/2003/nov/28/eminem-apparently-being-forgiven-for-using-racial-slur-in-old-song/

I feel like little's changed since then, except the expectation any other bigger minority or white artists can't use it on songs any longer without expecting backlash :coffee2: 

I tend not to sing to the hip-hop lyrics I listen to and just bop and I don't hang around any white ppl (as a white person) that would be tacky enough to do this in public. That's my two cents. 

2 hours ago, ALΞX said:

2 hours ago, ALΞX said:

Because they’re WHITE. The **** are you talking about? How are you going to tell a me, black person, what is acceptable or not regarding the n word? 

You can’t say the word PERIOD. You can’t sing it. You can’t whisper it. You can’t moan it. You can’t yell it. You can’t do **** with the word. And you certainly can’t police what black people can do with the word. 

You wanna know what a white person can do when they hear it in a song? They can shut their mouth and skip to the next word. 

You capping for those white idiots in the crowd is not it. Pick another struggle hunny. 

3 minutes ago, Jay-El said:

Because they’re WHITE. The **** are you talking about? How are you going to tell a me, black person, what is acceptable or not regarding the n word? 

You can’t say the word PERIOD. You can’t sing it. You can’t whisper it. You can’t moan it. You can’t yell it. You can’t do **** with the word. And you certainly can’t police what black people can do with the word. 

You wanna know what a white person can do when they hear it in a song? They can shut their mouth and skip to the next word. 

You capping for those white idiots in the crowd is not it. Pick another struggle hunny. 

Girl :rip: You don’t get to choose who’s allowed to say what.

Let’s just retire the word in general. It’s crazy to think everyone will comply to your opinion.