Predominantly white crowd sings the N-word at Roddy Ricch concert; Twitter dragging

State of Grace.

1 hour ago, Jay-El said:

I keep forgetting that is Reinvention. :deadbanana2:

omg i didn't know that, the way they're even more unfiltered now and not even hiding... :biblio:

ot: if they truly care about not saying the word, they would skip saying it, this just shows that the majority of them sings along to it in a car, with friends, etc.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frenchyisback

• Armani?

• Apolonio

• Hurem

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

"The heat of the moment" :rip:

THAT TOOK ME OUT :bibliahh:

Ahh some people will just say anything

If these people are racists, they wouldn't be stanning him and singing his song loudly to begin it, now would they?

1 minute ago, Young In Love said:

omg i didn't know that, the way they're even more unfiltered now and not even hiding... :biblio: 

They thought rebranding themselves would work but we got her tea

These w**** people

Spoiler

148.jpg

1 hour ago, Vin said:

tumblr_o3k6q9NEPC1ruvpwjo2_400.gif

Don't be mad at the predictably racist and ignorant White crowd. Be mad at Roddy Rich and other rappers who keep using the n-word to sell to White audiences. If Kanye West and Jay-Z want their White audiences to yell out "N-words in Paris" at their shows, then that's the root of the problem. If you're a Black musical artist, and you keep using the n-word in your art, which I personally don't think is necessary, then you will always have to deal with the consequences of corny, ignorant White people who do stuff like this:

...Vin

city-girls-period.gif

Absolutely tired of them.

19 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

i cant believe people are defending this behavior

Speaking as a black man who doesn't feel comfortable with people saying this word casually, Hip Hop concerts are just a different context entirely. It's really not worth any energy in terms of trying to police it. It will never work unless the artist sets the tone and it's also not a meaningful issue when you look at the bigger picture. 

The fact that some of you still pretend that  individuals sensor songs when they hear them at home. Get with reality so we can move on pls :deadbanana4:

If you don't say it out loud, you've said it in your head. The only thing that matters is context and environment, just like all language. 

13 minutes ago, Otter said:

The fact that some of you still pretend that  individuals sensor songs when they hear them at home. Get with reality so we can move on pls :deadbanana4:

If you don't say it out loud, you've said it in your head. The only thing that matters is context and environment, just like all language. 

this 

It's the organization fault, they shouldn't allow white people to buy ticket and enter. And white people shouldn't be able to listen to any song with an N word in it. We need segregation back /s

the video and this thread proves how white people are inherently racist, they take no chance in minimizing any racial issue and uphold their privileged self 

People be offended with this when the intent is not to insult :dies:

but when their fave's intentions are clear as blue sky which is to hurt the feelings / shade an Asian Girl they be turning a blind eye

Not surprised.

I don't even have strength anymore for this exhausting conversation because it's been going on for decades and seemingly in circles, I'm not sure what the solution is tbh.

The word is for black people to reclaim and we can do whatever we want with it, but short of stopping white people from listening to artists that use the word, stuff like this will never end, both in public and private :michael:

So many str8 boys around me use that word on the daily because they're obsessed with rap but they're not black :rip: I think black people should seriously do something about this because of how hip-hop is the mainstream among teens currently. Avoiding using in rap might be the key because teens in general are dumb and edgy & we can't expect them to stop saying words in their fav songs :rip:

I am pretty sure Roddy Ricch doesn't care lol, he is getting his coins

This might sound bad but maybe everyone should stop using that word. I mean why use a word that's hurtful to the black community in songs. And these are fans of this artist so it's obvious they are singing to his music and like him. There will never be an end to this and it's very sad. I'm gay and have been called a *** but I wouldn't use that word in a song so it kinda seems pointless to blame people at a concert where the entertainer is asking them to sing the words. 

2 hours ago, Bimbo said:

"The heat of the moment" :rip:

Well what would you call it when people are enjoying themselves singing along to one of their favorite artists in a large crowd with loud music and adrenaline pumping? Do y'all really think that the first thought in their heads was going to be "gee I'd better censor the abridged racial slang that Roddy Ricch peppered his lyrics with"? :toofunny3: 

Come on now the idea wouldn't cross the minds of normal people in that situation. Y'all need to stop the holier than thou act especially since it's Roddy's fault in the first place.

Edited by Sugar-Rush

I don’t even get why twitter users keep acting stocked…maybe Rappers need to stop using that word in their songs and popularize it…

It’s a never ending debate.

We can't do anything to stop them.

These artists aren't making music for non Black audiences but because every group on earth in western society has a fetish for Black people (more specifically Black Americans) they just do and say as we do.

We could stop using it in music, but why should we have to self censor a word that Black Americans have been using since at least the 1920s amongst ourselves. Raps globalization has spread the word like wildfire. 

Then there's folks everyday giving passes to their non Black friends. Artists making songs with the word in the title lmfao, then getting on stage talking about "don't say it guys" knowing their fan base and target demo is white people.

I refuse to go to certain concerts because being in a sea of non Black people saying that word would make me sick, and I can't fight all of them. 

It's a losing battle at this point, I just accept everyone as antiblack anyway and go on with life. 

This discourse again :rip: 

If you don’t want people to sing that word at your shows, stop using it in your lyrics. It’s really as simple as that. You cannot expect people will go silent for that one single word while they’re drunk or under the influence of lord knows how many drugs and just having fun at the concert. Y’all acting as if they yelled the n-word to offend someone :skull: 

3 minutes ago, Wicked said:

It's a losing battle at this point, I just accept everyone as antiblack anyway and go on with life. 

I’m pretty sure an antiblack people wouldn’t go to Roddy Ricch’s show or listen to his music :rip: 

2 hours ago, Khal said:

I don't even have strength anymore for this exhausting conversation because it's been going on for decades and seemingly in circles, I'm not sure what the solution is tbh.

The word is for black people to reclaim and we can do whatever we want with it, but short of stopping white people from listening to artists that use the word, stuff like this will never end, both in public and private :michael:

That's the problem imo.

A small group of people doesn't have the right to reclaim things and speak/act on behalf of an entire race. And I don't need stats to assume that most black people around the World don't claim/know that word and don't want to have anything to do with it. Certainly I don't...

Mind you, these rappers are free to say whatever they want in their music...but don't act suprised when things like this happen.

With popularity, comes responsability. 

Edited by Oceania