Fellow Travelers | Matt Bomer & Jonathan Bailey as lovers, now on Showtime/Paramount+

Hector

I am HEARTBROKEN!!! I have never cried at a  show like I just did. The gala and the quilt scenes UGGHHHH!!!! :chick3:

I will never stop telling my friends about this show. Masterpiece in television. 

• Like 1

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UnanimousBB16

• Hector

• Taylor fanboy

• monologueNacafe

Just watched episode 2 and my heart is already breaking for Skippy :dancehall:

Both Matt and Jonathan did a great job here and they look so damn hot.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2023 at 12:18 PM, UnanimousBB16 said:

That was a nice series, and a nice final episode.

Shocked Hawk actually bottomed.

Lucy should have left his ass a long time ago.

Everything was handled with grace.

What I took away from both Lucy and Hawk is that they each got what they could out of their marriage, even if it wasn’t as fulfilling as it could’ve been. They both loved their kids and stayed together (we assume) for them. Being a divorced single mom as a woman in the 1950s/60, and becoming a father at all as a gay man… not gonna fly. I thought it was powerful that they showed Lucy finding Skippy’s letter and making her choice. I also liked that they made it clear Hawk was devastated to be left by Lucy in the final episode, even if he didn’t love and desire her as a husband should. There was a lot of grey area and it gave me a lot to think about re: marriage, especially for older generations. 

17 hours ago, Zolanski. said:

I've been violently sobbing for over an hour now :weeps: 

Beautiful show, Matt and Jonathan absolutely killed it.

Has anyone read the book? Im considering picking it up  

I’m reading the book now! It’s definitely a slower burn, but in a good way if you enjoy detailed historical fiction (which I do). 

• Like 1

The finale uggghhh...:chick3: So beautiful and hearbroken... What a wonderful show!!! I need it to sweep all the awards next year. Jonathan better snach every award uuughhh:jonny5:

• Thanks 3

jfc that ending, i haven't cried like that at a movie or show all year :jonny2:

they betta sweep :bird:

Edited by WildAmerican
  • Thanks 1

spacer.png

"he wasn't my friend. he was the man i loved"

• Thanks 2

On 12/15/2023 at 7:10 PM, Zolanski. said:

Has anyone read the book? Im considering picking it up  

I’m always an advocate for reading the book a film/series is based on, but this is a rare case of the series being significantly better. There are major differences between the two, the book is a much less satisfying story and indulges in politics so deeply that it reads like a history textbook at times.

Also, if you thought Hawk was bad in the series… He’s much worse in the book :rip:

Edited by EdgeofTeeth
  • Like 3

I didn’t cry, nor get emotional about the ending since we knew it was coming.  

I can definitely see myself revisiting this show from time to time for sure.  Very solid series all around.  :clap3: 

• Thanks 3

Really very much enjoyed the series! However, I am probably in the minority and prefer the book since it left more of an emotional punch for me. That book messed me up! 

Still, a very strong show in its own right and I hope we get more of this type of queer television. 

• Like 3

The series finale was heartbreaking af, what a good show, it really picked up starting on episode 5 and became much much deeper and entertaining. The quilt scene and that final quote are etched in my memory.

"he wasn't my friend. he was the man I loved"

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Joyride said:

I can't stand the sight of Matt Bomer :deadbanana2:

Is it because how disgusting his character was in the show?

I'm doing a re-watch, they did a phenomenal job with this

I scream when only the sex scenes go viral but anything to get the views in is a win :gaycat2:

Beautiful and touching finale :heart:

One of the best gay thematic tv show (but also when it comes to movies) ever made.

Just finished watching the finale and i'm all teared like most of you guys. This is one of the best series in 2023 and one of all time queer series. Acting, storytelling, cinematography are all top notch. Matt and Jonathan killed it. Hope this sweeps the awards next year.

still thinking about that finale, this easily has to be one of the best shows of the year. I think all of the actors did a great job for the show, but its interesting I've seen literally nothing from Allison Williams promoting it? She did a pretty good job honestly and is a very underrated actress.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.