Female artists with most weeks spent in UK Albums Top 10 | Jess Glynne ties Billie

Lovett

Taylor breaks her tie with P!NK at #6, as her total increases to 102 weeks. SZA reaches double digits as she spends 10 weeks in the region.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lovett

• LesFleur

• Reflektor_Creep

• GoodGuyGoneGhetto

P!NK debuts at #1 this week with TRUSTFALL, marking her 102nd week in the top 10. Meanwhile, Taylor Swift and SZA slip to #7 and #8 respectively, pushing their totals to 103 weeks and 11 weeks in the region.

P!NK slips to #2 this week, pushing her total to 103 weeks. Gracie Abrams debuts at #3, her first week in the top 10. SZA climbs to #6, marking her 12th week in the top 10 and Taylor Swift rounds out the top 10 at #8, pushing her total to 104 weeks.

The highest charting female artist this week is Mimi Webb, with her sophomore album Amelia debuting at #4. This marks her second week in the top 10. Meanwhile, P!NK tumbles to #5 (104 weeks), whilst SZA and Taylor Swift remain stable at #6 (13 weeks) and #8 (105 weeks) respectively.

Closing out the top 10 is Eva Cassidy at #9 with I Can Only Be Me, a posthumous collaborative album with the London Symphony Orchestra. Eva was strangely missed from my list, but with this release she debuts at #42 with 29 weeks overall in the top 10.

• 2 weeks later...

Miley Cyrus debuts at #1 this week with Endless Summer Vacation, marking her seventh week in the top 10. P!NK climbs one spot to #4 (105 weeks), whilst SZA slips one spot to #7 (14 weeks).

Taylor Swift remains stable at #8 this week, pushing her total to 106 weeks and tying Rihanna at the #5 position.

Miley Cyrus drops to #3 this week, increasing her total 8 weeks in the top 10. Taylor Swift climbs four places to #4 this week, as she passes Rihanna to tie Kylie Minogue at the #4 position with 107 weeks.

P!NK slips an additional spot to #5 with TRUSTFALL, tying Rihanna at #6 with 106 weeks.

This week only two female artists are charting in the top 10 - Lana Del Rey who debuted at #1, marking her 28th week overall in the region, and Taylor Swift, who slipped to #7, breaking her tie with Kylie Minogue and putting her in the #5 position with 108 weeks.

1 hour ago, MrLovett said:

This week only two female artists are charting in the top 10 - Lana Del Rey who debuted at #1, marking her 28th week overall in the region, and Taylor Swift, who slipped to #7, breaking her tie with Kylie Minogue and putting her in the #5 position with 108 weeks.

Funny how "local" Taylor Swift is surpassing Kylie in her strongest market.

12 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Funny how "local" Taylor Swift is surpassing Kylie in her strongest market.

If you think Taylor gets dragged for being local you need to check out any Kylie achievements thread, where there's always some response about how she is relevant only to the UK and Australia.

Melanie Martinez debuts at #2 this week with PORTALS, marking her second week overall in the top 10. Lana Del Rey drops to #5, which pushes her total to 29 weeks and ties her in the #42 position with Eva Cassidy. Lastly, Taylor Swift climbs to #6, marking her 109th week in the region.

Rihanna :ghostface:but ATRL told me she isn't an album seller, truly the biggest pop girl of the 2000's

• 2 weeks later...

Ellie Goulding debuts at #1 this week, breaking her tie at #36 with Leona Lewis and Lily Allen and increasing her total weeks to 33. Taylor Swift climbs to #5, pushing her total to 110 weeks.

Love the weekly commentary! Followed

Taylor Swift climbs to #3 this week with Midnights, pushing her total to 111 weeks. Whilst SZA climbs back into the top 10 at #5, making her total 15 weeks.

So happy that Taylor has increased her weeks so much, whew. I remember when 1989 held most of her top 10 weeks until 2020 and on :toofunny3:

• 2 weeks later...

Taylor Swift does a double whammy this week in the UK top 10, with Folklore - The Long Pond Studio Sessions debuting at #4 and Midnights slipping to #7. This increases her total to an overall 113 weeks in the top 10. SZA is the only other female artist in the region, with SOS dropping to #10 - her 16th week in the top 10.

Jessie Ware is the highest female album this week, with her fifth album That! Feels Good! debuting at #3. Jessie's overall total now stands at 7 weeks. Freya Ridings also debuted at #7 with her sophomore album, Blood Orange marking her third week in the top 10. Taylor Swift rounds out the list with Midnights, as it slips another place to #8 this week (114 weeks total).

• 2 weeks later...

Taylor Swift is the only female artist in the top 10 this week, with Midnights climbing to #5. This pushes her total to 115 weeks overall.

Hi! I found some discrepancies between your data and mind hope you don't mind me correcting them :)

Diana Ross has 89 weeks 
Sade missing with 54 weeks
Alison Moyet missing with 50 weeks
Annie Lennox missing with 50 weeks
Gloria Estefan missing with 49 weeks
Anastacia missing with 44 weeks
Enya missing with 43 weeks
Duffy missing with 43 weeks
Lisa Stansfield with 41 weeks
Gabrielle missing with 35 weeks
Katie Melua missing with 35 weeks
Dina Carroll missing with 32 weeks
Dusty Springfield misisng with 31 weeks
Macy Gray missing with 29 weeks
Elkie Brooks missing with 28 weeks
Joan Baez missing with 27 weeks
Belinda Carlisle missing with 26 weeks
Nelly Furtado has 26 and idk why OCC adds her 11 of Timbaland in her website idk how you want to count that D;
Dionne Warwick missing with 25 weeks
Shirley Bassey missing with 23 weeks
Cilla Black missing with 23 weeks
Girls Aloud missing with 23 weeks
Joan Armatrading missing with 20 weeks
Natalie Imbruglia missing with 20 weeks

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, elincomprendid said:

Diana Ross has 89 weeks 

This includes 26 weeks credited to "Diana Ross and the Supremes", including:

Diana Ross and the Supremes Join the Temptations (11 weeks, including 4 weeks at #1)

20 Golden Greats: Diana Ross and the Supremes (14 weeks, including 7 weeks at #1)

Love Supreme: The Very Best of the Supremes featuring Diana Ross (1 week)

Which I think the OP is excluding from her total. That would put her at 63 weeks I believe, and not the 60 weeks listed in the OP, unless I'm missing another release that is being excluded.

36 minutes ago, Kyle-x said:

Diana Ross and the Supremes Join the Temptations (11 weeks, including 4 weeks at #1)

20 Golden Greats: Diana Ross and the Supremes (14 weeks, including 7 weeks at #1)

Which I think the OP is excluding from her total. That would put her at 63 weeks I believe, and not the 60 weeks listed in the OP, unless I'm missing another release that is being excluded.

Yeah should've clarified idk what's their criteria I just got it from official charts website for Diana

I always struggle to pick a criteria for her and this kind of achievements D;

18 minutes ago, elincomprendid said:

Yeah should've clarified idk what's their criteria I just got it from official charts website for Diana

I always struggle to pick a criteria for her and this kind of achievements D;

Yeah it can definitely get confusing since the name change then credits her explicitly by name for a portion of their discography :rip: 60+ weeks is still so huge after almost a decade of dominance with the group :clap3: and still scored a top 10 album in 2021 after 15 year since her last album

You know, the long charting charts are much less impressive due to streaming. With streaming, albums are able to stay much longers on the charts. 

11 hours ago, elincomprendid said:

Hi! I found some discrepancies between your data and mind hope you don't mind me correcting them :)

Diana Ross has 89 weeks 
Sade missing with 54 weeks
Alison Moyet missing with 50 weeks
Annie Lennox missing with 50 weeks
Gloria Estefan missing with 49 weeks
Anastacia missing with 44 weeks
Enya missing with 43 weeks
Duffy missing with 43 weeks
Lisa Stansfield with 41 weeks
Gabrielle missing with 35 weeks
Katie Melua missing with 35 weeks
Dina Carroll missing with 32 weeks
Dusty Springfield misisng with 31 weeks
Macy Gray missing with 29 weeks
Elkie Brooks missing with 28 weeks
Joan Baez missing with 27 weeks
Belinda Carlisle missing with 26 weeks
Nelly Furtado has 26 and idk why OCC adds her 11 of Timbaland in her website idk how you want to count that D;
Dionne Warwick missing with 25 weeks
Shirley Bassey missing with 23 weeks
Cilla Black missing with 23 weeks
Girls Aloud missing with 23 weeks
Joan Armatrading missing with 20 weeks
Natalie Imbruglia missing with 20 weeks

Thank you so much for this, that's incredibly helpful. I've added the missing artists to the OP now, along with any corrections.

10 hours ago, Kyle-x said:

You're exactly right that I didn't include any of the Diana Ross and the Supremes albums to solely Diana and kept them as part of The Supremes only. You're also right that the total should be 63 weeks! Thank you for that, I've amended the total in the OP.

-----------------

Alison Goldfrapp is the highest female entry in the top 10 this week, with her debut album The Love Invention debuting at #6. Taylor Swift rounds out the top 10 as Midnights slips to #7, pushing her total to 116 weeks.

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.