Why did The Mortal Instruments FLOP?

orange22

Everyone should  be familiar with this legendary series by Cassandra Clare 

CfVuHOlUIAEV07W?format=jpg&name=small

and the iconic prequels 

E9f9GU3XsAkFXae?format=png&name=small

But we all would rather forget the film adaptation starring Lily Collins and Jamie Campbell Bower 

Why didn’t this series ever take off like The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, Twilight, etc? Is there still a chance for it?

it was too safe and generic

I tried reading these back in middle school because my friend was a huge stan and they were pretty recycled and contrived

i dont think the mortal instruments was ever a priority read for anyone when there was harry potter, twilight, hunger games, percy jackson and etc on the table, and once youve read those, the mortal instruments just doesnt hit as hard 

Weren’t they a HP fanfic? :gaycat6:

no shade tho I loved my Will Herondale’s saga

I don't know but The Last hours trilogy is a serve and I can't wait for Chain of Thorns. If only they could adapt it and do it justice.

The trailer looks so cheap and all over the place  :rip: even a Z-List Netflix series looks better than that 

The first book was great but then the rest was trash. Cassandra was lucky these dropped during the YA novels craze, otherwise she wouldn’t have made this many books.

They keep trying to make this happen on the screen but they have failed multiple times already. Meaning even those who have read the books dont care enough to watch it. I wish Hollywood would stop trying to make it happen 

The movie flopped so it didn't help.. 

Usually the films adaptions increase popularity. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.