Alvvays - ‘Blue Rev’

atrlxcx

1 minute ago, sam.teas said:

pushed back. i tried to find the thread but it didn’t show up. now both are set for the 23rd :lakitu:

:fish2: not one more week

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JEWRJEWR

• sam.teas

• Antisocialites

• Lazuli

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2022 at 12:20 PM, sam.teas said:

there's a last song that should come few days before the album

Hide contents

After The Earthquake \ 3:05

• ATRL Moderator

Worth the 5 year wait!

all those singles are f*cking amazing and this is gonna be my first first listen tonight on my nightwalk!~

POMERANIAN SPINSTER IS SO 70S BLONDIE :WAP:

can't decide if it's Many Mirrors or Tile by Tile the Party Police/Forget About Life of this album :jonnycat:

it's all so fantastic, but the 1-2 punch of Velveteen and Tile by Tile in the middle of the album actually brought me to tears. so emotionally charged! they have such an uncanny gift for pop melodies.

10 hours ago, Héloïse said:

can't decide if it's Many Mirrors or Tile by Tile the Party Police/Forget About Life of this album :jonnycat:

absolutely getting this from tile by tile!!

This is a fantastic record. It's a big step up for them too, and that's after two great records. 

Their discography is bulletproof. What an album! Never payed attention to their scores before but the fact that this is their first BNM from that site really tells you how out of touch they are.

this album is just banger after banger wtf, our MPGs could NEVER 

Amazing record as expected. Pharmacists is still my favorite by them ever. Pure crack :jonnycat:

This was such a good record, kind of wrote them off before but this album made me say wow they are really talented. 

Really good, suppose it will have more endurance than Antisocialites

one week later and this is easily their best album. it's so grounded and cohesive, the fact that it has more songs also help since Alvvays and Antisocialites felt always too short. it's hard to choose a Top 5 but the run from Many Mirrors through Tile by Tile is just pure gold. I wish the album ended with Lottery Noises, Fourth Figure is cute but it feels anticlimactic as a closer.

It is a stellar album. Everything sounds very early 2000s to me, from the cover to the music itself. I can't remember a shoegaze album that sounds as euphoric as this one released in the last decades, to be honest. The songwriting is also so so so great.

Nothing will probably ever top their debut for me, it's a record I'm extremely attached to, but this is another classic from them. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.