Why A N I M O R P H S didn`t become bigger in pop culture?

chiliam

This series is a big part of my childhood and it deserves to be bigger in pop culture, dare i say Harry Potter big or at least Hunger Games level of sensation.

The world building, the morphing, the animal knowledge, the unique villains, the characters, the iconic covers, the haunting endings...they have everything.

So why they didn`t become bigger? 

Animorphs-covers.jpg

Edited by chiliam

The creator never pushed it any further than the books & got lazy not writing newer books. This book series would’ve slayed as a TV series but again lazy. 

i blame nick for giving it that awful live action show that had a $2 budget and poor writing

we need a faithful reboot.

animated would be fine.

Just now, Power love said:

The creator never pushed it any further than the books & got lazy not writing newer books. This book series would’ve slayed as a TV series but again lazy. 

she was busy with 

a) everworld

b) her baby.

Edited by fridayteenage

I want this so bad.  Animorphs is my favorite fictional universe, along with GOT and SW.  Those books impacted me more than any other books as a kid, I still think about them to this day.  The themes they dealt with, the character development, the twists... top tier storytelling, honestly.  This could honestly be the next Stranger Things if they do it right.  Or the next ATLA if they wanted to go animated.  Either would slay.  

The last few books are downright mesmerizing. 

From Cassie letting Tom take the morphing cube to Jake flushing the defenseless Yeerks as a distraction to Rachel's death.... Rachel asking the Ellimist if she mattered...... holy ******* ****.  Still gives me chills.

Someone start a petition, we need this!

7 minutes ago, Miles. said:

I want this so bad.  Animorphs is my favorite fictional universe, along with GOT and SW.  Those books impacted me more than any other books as a kid, I still think about them to this day.  The themes they dealt with, the character development, the twists... top tier storytelling, honestly.  This could honestly be the next Stranger Things if they do it right.  Or the next ATLA if they wanted to go animated.  Either would slay.  

Hide contents

From Cassie letting Tom take the morphing cube to Jake flushing the defenseless Yeerks as a distraction to Rachel's death.... Rachel asking the Ellimist if she mattered...... holy ******* ****.  Still gives me chills.

Rachel>>>Eleven or Daenerys, tbqh

7 minutes ago, fridayteenage said:

Rachel>>>Eleven or Daenerys, tbqh

I.............. agree.  Love Dany too, but Rachel was one of the first (if not the very first) bad ******* I ever read about, and she had such an incredible arc.  Cassie was amazing too.  Such rich, compelling, badass, complex, dynamic women :clap3: 

3 hours ago, Miles. said:

Reveal hidden contents

oprah-shoot.gif

Will never regret keeping my complete series stashed somewhere in the closet

The nightmare fuel of these covers...

4 hours ago, Power love said:

I got news for you

Hide contents

Yeah the ending is so sad, i remember being so melodramatic and cant stop think about it for the whole week.  But its such a good and realistic ending for this amazing series. It made you think and stay with you.

And agree with what you said about the Stranger Things comparison, Its also a group of middle school kids fighting the monsters and they can have a cute late 90s set for that nostalgia factor. The things are the animal scene will be very weird, like imagine the CGI tiger/bear talking to each others or when they morph into small animal like ants/ spider/cockroach... very very hard to adapt to live action which is why that Nickelodeon failed. Might be animated is the way to go.

A good TV adaption will surely help the series have a nice spot in pop culture.

I.............. agree.  Love Dany too, but Rachel was one of the first (if not the very first) bad ******* I ever read about, and she had such an incredible arc.  Cassie was amazing too.  Such rich, compelling, badass, complex, dynamic women :clap3: 

Rachel and Cassie, both are amazing characters, and their opposite personality was portrayed so well in the series. 

Love their friendship so much.

51 minutes ago, Pierrot said:

I got news for you

:deadbanana4:

what on earth was that

no movies, no (popular) tv series, no cartoon :redface: bags were fumbled 

Edited by orange22

I loved the series as a kid, probably my favorite kids book series next to HP. I was so into it and had a crush on Jake and Tobias and Marco tbh :deadbanana2: and I STANNED Rachel, such a bad *****, and adored Cassie :heart2: such a good series

1 hour ago, orange22 said:

no movies, no (popular) tv series, no cartoon :redface: bags were fumbled 

Yeah this must be the main reason.

But the series are so hard to adapt to tv series or movies. Like i cant even imagine how they can shoot those animal scenes, the budget will be sky high, and even if the CGI looked good, those scenes will feel very weird (the lion king tea). And how the hell they can shoot those rats,cockcroach,ant small small animal scene, or those scenes at the ocean.

2 minutes ago, chiliam said:

Yeah this must be the main reason.

But the series are so hard to adapt to tv series or movies. Like i cant even imagine how they can shoot those animal scenes, the budget will be sky high, and even if the CGI looked good, those scenes will feel very weird (the lion king tea). And how the hell they can shoot those rats,cockcroach,ant small small animal scene, or those scenes at the ocean.

Live action would be a mess especially because no one is going to give the Animorphs a budget :bibliahh:

I think animation is the only way for it to look decent tbh but if you’re doing an animated show you might as well come up with something better at that point 

I never read these books cause the covers scared me as a child :rip:

LOOK at those covers :rip:

they were the poor man's goosebumps

2 hours ago, Relampago. said:

I never read these books cause the covers scared me as a child :rip:

Why so many people said this?:bloo:

Those covers are what catch my attention right away and i was waiting every weeks not only to read a new book but also curious what the next cover looked like.

the lore got too crazy i fear 

16 hours ago, Power love said:

:deadbanana4:

what on earth was that

the HIT nick tv show. get into it :clap3:

is it on streaming? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.