If Olivia Rodrigo dropped “Cool for the Summer” right now?

Raphy23

multi week #1 smash :jonny5: i don’t think she can pull something off like that atm though

It would kill her career lol

That would be like Taylor Swift releasing Christina Aguilera's Not Myself Tonight. Instant death to career without any recovery.

57 minutes ago, TROPICUM said:

Yeah, also the extremely heavy EDM influences which are not doing great today in the charts. The song is pure 2016, which is absolutely fine! But the GP is not into EDM anymore.

Edm= electronic dance music

Beyonce song is a house song which would fall under edm and its doing fine

Just now, Distantconstellation said:

Yup, cause Beyoncé’s dance influences are from the 90s, a decade that people are obsessed with now. 

CFTS is a very specific 2011-2016 sound, like Kesha, Rihanna at some point and others. The song did well because the electronic beat/heavy vocals really gave it the push to be the song of the summer (of 2016, when the vibe was all about rave) 

People now are looking into more melody heavy songs, there’s a reason why most dance hit songs today are influenced by the 00s/90s/80s, not the 2010s. 

18 hours ago, TROPICUM said:

Yeah, also the extremely heavy EDM influences which are not doing great today in the charts. The song is pure 2016, which is absolutely fine! But the GP is not into EDM anymore.

I don't hear edm. I hear pop and a massive guitar in the chorus :rockon:

sorry duplicate post.

Edited by Raphy23

i don't think she could pull it off tbh

The song would finally go top 10 at least. 

Her voice wouldn’t fit the song at all. 

20 hours ago, Distantconstellation said:

Break My Soul is not EDM.

5 hours ago, Popboi. said:

Break My Soul is not EDM.

Edm is an umbrella term for electronic music. House music falls under electronic music which is what break my soul is. If u are idea of edm is what caliv harris/zedd/david guetta all did in the 2010s and was played on radio then u are right break my soul is not edm

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.