NYC Gay Nightclub exposed for racism....

JBJT2786

https://instinctmagazine.com/the-qs-ownership-drama-brings-on-a-nightlife-reckoning/

Here we go again.... *sigh*

The nightlife venue that Sharp previously promised me during a conversation will “feel and look like New York does; a space for everyone” is now at the center of a myriad of accusations consisting of discrimination, massive management turnover, and allegations of drugs being permitted through the doors of The Q. Documents filed in Supreme Court of The State of New York on June 10, 2022 detail allegations direct from Frankie Sharp against his now former partners Alan Picus and Bob Fluet. Sharp’s allegations stem from an at-will clause that he alleges was added into his employment contract that was not explained completely. The public court papers go on to state that Sharp alleges that Picus told him to “Make sure your Latin nights are the good kind of Latins. Not Blatinos”. Sharp also alleges that during an interview for a potential bar manager candidate, Picus allegedly told one candidate “I don’t need to break my back to hire people just because they’re black and trans”.

The lawsuit details the owners actions like a racist white gay's handbook. Mind you the nightclub has only literally been open for a year and won an award for best gay nightclub :rip:

a link to the lawsuit is in the article.

The club tried to play victim and hired a Latino creative director to take over..... yea I dont think its gonna work.

Ive been there a few times and didnt get discriminated. Then again considering the crowd I went with ( Asian or lighter skinned Latinos) I'm wondering what wouldve happened if I went by myself....

that’s so disgusting :deadbanana4: 

ew, I’ve only been to this place once and it’s expensive and not worth the cover charge, and now this? shut it down.

all gay clubs in manhattan are like this. this owner just got unlucky and exposed for doing/saying the same thing the other gay club owners do.

it's interesting though, since those two guys also own boxers and hush which tend to be more BIPOC than any other gay club in the city + play hip-hop/rap without pop mixes.

hmm the yelp reviews drag it to the pits

Not to sound rude, but are we supposed to be surprised by this? 

It's still rampant in every major city ..... unfortunately :( Whether it's LA, SF, NYC, LDN, Paris, BCN etc.

I've only been there once and have no desire to go there again. A shame this discrimination still goes on.

Having gone here, I’ve always thought the crowd at Q was one of the more diverse clubs in HK compared to industry, hush (formerly therapy), etc. :rip: 

2 minutes ago, MAKSIM said:

Having gone here, I’ve always thought the crowd at Q was one of the more diverse clubs in HK compared to industry, hush (formerly therapy), etc. :rip: 

!!! Same. Shocked.

Not surprised :coffee2: the Blatinos will surely take their money elsewhere.

i mean all gay clubs are pretty racist. its a huge deal no one talks about

sis I got WPs for pointing out racist geighs on this site just today be wary sis 

8 minutes ago, MAKSIM said:

Ironically I feel like Hush has recently been more diverse ( maybe cuz less circuit party music there) but I won't be going there either anymore since they're owned by the same people.

5 minutes ago, umich said:

Jackson Heights sis. Or Lambada Lounge.

sounds like Frankie just wants out of this contract tbh 

drugs and racism?  that's every gay club everywhere

4 minutes ago, umich said:

To where? Gay clubs are overwhelmingly white and white adjacent. Most of the clubs are is mostly white areas. And clubs in NY are known to be racist. 

This is why I party in Jackson heights, Queens. Where the bars are Latin owned and Latin night every night basically, and no cover charge :gaycat5:

1 minute ago, Dula Peep said:

sounds like Frankie just wants out of this contract tbh 

drugs and racism?  that's every gay club everywhere

They apparently fired him...that's why he's did the complaint. Which kinda doesn't make things better tbh :toofunny2:

5 minutes ago, Tropez said:

To where? Gay clubs are overwhelmingly white and white adjacent. Most of the clubs are is mostly white areas. And clubs in NY are known to be racist. 

Manhattan isn’t the only place in New York that has gay clubs lol. Branch out to Jackson heights queens. It is basically 99% blatino crowd at the bars 

4 minutes ago, RiRi_Xtina15 said:

Manhattan isn’t the only place in New York that has gay clubs lol. Branch out to Jackson heights queens. It is basically 99% blatino crowd at the bars 

I know that. But there were already clubs in Brooklyn and Queens that were called out for racism. This is an city issue not a borough. 

12 minutes ago, JBJT2786 said:

Ironically I feel like Hush has recently been more diverse ( maybe cuz less circuit party music there) but I won't be going there either anymore since they're owned by the same people.

Jackson Heights sis. Or Lambada Lounge.

Lambda is great. I’ve only been once but the atmosphere was inviting.

12 minutes ago, Tropez said:

There are several spots out there that will happily embrace those of color - Hangar, Rockbar, and several spots in BK or Queens. But to your point - yes, most in Manhattan are not it. Mainly Monster and GYM Sportsbar.

I don’t get it, wouldn’t blatinos or black patrons attract… certain types of white twinks? Sounds like bad business to me. :gaycat3: 

Unless they’re specifically saying they’re looking for the upper middle class Mykonos/Fire Island gay types. Then yeah I can understand the intent behind this stupid, racist sentiment. :chick2:

Most yt gays be racist as hell this is nothing new. Why I never supported circuit parties. Full of them!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.