Was Ariana's Right There a mistake single?

Topaz

Me thinks so.

The way Honeymoon Avenue, Tattooed Heart, All Most Is Never Enough destroyed it easily without even trying. Also John Legend's All Of Me was smashing around this time so those ballads were screaming to become a classic.

rUNVxAw.png

You’ll Never Know should’ve been the 3rd single, but Right There was a cute attempt at The Way 2.0

right there is one of my fav songs off this album and aged amazingly but i guess in terms of commercial appeal tattooed heart could’ve been bigger 

I don't think Tattooed Heart would've done well and AINE is too boring. Honeymoon Avenue could've worked tho with a radio edit.

Ariana promoted those songs heavily hence why they smashed without being singles:deadbanana2:

like i legit remember her performing tattooed heart at the EMAs which was huge promo for her at the time:skull: Right there was a good choice with a decent feature who she could benefit from (at the time ofc)

Ariana only had one hit by that point, I don’t think any of the ballads would have done anything. Right There was the best choice to close out the promotional cycle so they could get to My Everything

7 minutes ago, TalkThatRihanna said:

You’ll Never Know should’ve been the 3rd single, but Right There was a cute attempt at The Way 2.0

FACTS! My favorite song from the album and she still performs it on tour.

No. But I wish they had made an effort to push her as a crossover act because this(along with many other songs from the beginning of her career) could’ve been hits on Urban/R&B radio. Oh well. :rip:

NO. The GP just wasn't ready for a masterpiece like Right There at the time :giraffe:

No. This thread is a mistake, though. 

still one of her best songs, will never be topped I fear

I like big Sean but don’t use right there because it’s like an annoying the way

No it’s still one of her best songs to date. And is severely underrated.

• ATRL Moderator

No, Baby I was the wrong single. Right There did better on radio and would’ve had a better debut/peak if Baby I hadn’t ruined her momentum. The singles should’ve been:

The Way

Right There

Tattooed Heart

Honeymoon Avenue

29 minutes ago, Marvin said:

No, Baby I was the wrong single. Right There did better on radio and would’ve had a better debut/peak if Baby I hadn’t ruined her momentum. The singles should’ve been:

The Way

Right There

Tattooed Heart

Honeymoon Avenue

But Baby I is a great song and it deserved to be a single, The Way / Baby I / You'll Never Know and Tattoed Heart.

i mean, there are better songs on the album but i cant see any of them working as singles so ill say no 

"Right There" is one of Ariana's best songs, ever. It's criminal that it flopped but like someone else said, the GP just wasn't ready for a masterpiece from her yet. It would easily be a Top 5 hit if she released it now.

yes honeymoon avenue was right there

I mean other songs deserved to be a single over it, but I doubt any of them would’ve actually taken off 

it's not but i think the singles should've been The Way -> Right There -> Tattooed Heart OR Honeymoon Avenue -> You'll Never Know

On 7/4/2022 at 8:34 PM, MusicFan98 said:

But Baby I is a great song and it deserved to be a single, The Way / Baby I / You'll Never Know and Tattoed Heart.

It peaked at number 6 in Japan hot 100 and made her a force there too!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.