Nicki Minaj - The Night Is Still Young | Appreciation Thread

Dear Reader

This is truly her best song. Anyone agrees?

I wish she could give us an album with this kind of production and delivery. It still sounds so fresh to me and I wish I could hear it when I go out one day. The song just screams good vibes to me.

FO3YLgK.gif

1 minute ago, ATWK said:

So boppy yet so melancholic :chick3:

YES :jonny4:

The production on the chorus just takes me away :jonny5:

It was originally Miley’s song Nightmare. Both of them still slap. 

How do we sit quiety..... And watch the world pass of by I I Ihh...

-Cries-

Never could really get behind this song, the production was just wayyy to generic back then.

On the other she looked so good here :WAP:

The pink wig/skirt and bra look》》》》

One of my favorite songs from her. 

More than simply "a party song", there's a melancholic feeling attached to it, it's pretty much a remind to live life at its fullest, actually quite beautiful, makes me emotional ngl. 

Probably one of my favorite songs of her, she's so underrated as a pop artist, her singing is great!

She's stunning in that black dress, probs one of my fave mv looks from her. 

I didn't click with the song at the time, probably because the sound was so prevalent, but retrospectively, it's quite nostalgic to listen to and the production is immaculate. 

I feel like she is never in her element in her pop songs. Like she even looks out of it, her pop verdes are good but she just doesn’t have the vibe for it in the way Doja or Cardi have.

6 hours ago, Blue. said:

I feel like she is never in her element in her pop songs. Like she even looks out of it, her pop verdes are good but she just doesn’t have the vibe for it in the way Doja or Cardi have.

I used to feel like that until I heard this song :jonny5:

Honestly, I adored this song when it came out and it really has this melancholic quality to it that many of you have mentioned. It always takes me back to late 2014-early 2015. I think it's Nicki's best pop song and it has held up much better than her earlier pop hits. 

Top 5 in her discography tbh (I'm not even a huge fan of her pop stuff)

PopA911

Edited by the good guy_duh

My favorite pop song by her. And I agree that it still sounds so fresh. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.