Ariana Grande f/ Skepta - The Light Is Coming (Demo)

Communion

A snippet of the original version with him is out there. 

His full verse will likely be out within a day or so. 

No matter the feature this song is so ass

Do we know why this was scrapped? IIRC, Nicki was added pretty last minute.

This song honestly has powers. It has lifted me up out of depression in the past. Something about how absurd the lyric sounds with the weird Pharrell production. Da light is cumin to taek bacc everyting da darkness stol It's just like yas, the motherfucking light is COMING, and will take back EVERYTHING the darkness, and by darkness I mean crusty lying manipulative narcissistic men who emotionally abuse you and promise you **** and then ghost you, STOLE

2 hours ago, lillavend3r said:

No matter the feature this song is so ass

23 minutes ago, Protocol said:

This song honestly has powers. It has lifted me up out of depression in the past. Something about how absurd the lyric sounds with the weird Pharrell production. Da light is cumin to taek bacc everyting da darkness stol It's just like yas, the motherfucking light is COMING, and will take back EVERYTHING the darkness, and by darkness I mean crusty lying manipulative narcissistic men who emotionally abuse you and promise you **** and then ghost you, STOLE

The way you made me listen to it again 

110621099_ttt1.thumb.gif.19bdc3c6c80d4bb

1 hour ago, Protocol said:

Now you are saying this, that phrase repeated so many times may have a mantra effect to some people. Indeed the production quite goes with that idea....

Anyway it's an amazing experimental song and i wish her to go more on that road again :ninja:

4 hours ago, Domination said:

Do we know why this was scrapped? IIRC, Nicki was added pretty last minute.

I don't think so outside of her just saying she decided she wanted Nicki on it.

Skepta was still on it when she played the album to numerous magazines and filmed the NTLCT video.

I can't find it anywhere :monkey:

I remember she ended up going with Nicki because she was sick of how all the male rappers she suggested the song to were singing about their dicks

been waiting for this since I heard she scrapped him for Nicki,

still wonder who the other 8? rappers that auditioned for the song were.

23 minutes ago, lauvender said:

Same I wanna hear all 8 versions:rip:

4 hours ago, Protocol said:

I had the exact same experience with this song, I could have written this post word for word :deadbanana2:

29 minutes ago, lauvender said:

I think it was more than 8? It's at least in the teens if I remember it correctly.

9 hours ago, Protocol said:

I agree, honestly.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.