Cardi flopping. Did Nicki have the last laugh?

bocelli

Hot Sh*t is freefalling on all platforms, Cardis career is in shambles and shes only in her fourth year. You all were loud about her being Nickis replacement who managed to maintain a successful career for a whole decade.

Is Nicki the bigger act in 2022? Discuss.

positions-tanked.thumb.gif.1959401779fbc

Well no since Nicki is a flop herself. And no, Do We Have A Freefall peaking at #2 does not change that, since manipulation and fraudulent chart tactics were used.

No

no because her singles this year aren’t even close to reaching 100m on spotify despite their peaks :rip: 

The overdramatics, it's just one song :rip: 

She is coming off of WAP and UP. Its not like she released a string of bombs like onika did with her lead singles.

Plus onika's man is about to be thrown in jail, so there's that

Animated GIF

3 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

I don’t get the upset. Is she on a series of flops like Nicki or sumn? :huh:

Will she even get to release her second album atp?

Cardi flopping won’t magically make Nicki get a hit or stop her songs from free falling down the charts. 

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611f5d08ff57e0ff324ec

Well Considering Nicki started having issues in her fourth year as well, I guess they can both relate.

I thought Bodak Yellow was released in 2017.

I thought Cardi had a SOLO #1 last year, something Nicki has never had.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611f5d08ff57e0ff324ec

nobody cant take number ones and records broken from cardi so im sure nicki is still suffering

22 minutes ago, bocelli said:

Will she even get to release her second album atp?

You say “get to” but it’s not like anyone’s stopping her. :rip: The label would gladly release it tomorrow if they could, given the success from all the singles so far. It’s Cardi who wants to take her time.

Yes. Nicki may not be releasing hits in 2022 but she certainly lasted much longer than just her debut album.

Cardi can't even seem to release a successful collab at this point in her career. So much for being Nicki's ender :rip:

positions-tanked.thumb.gif.1959401779fbc

Say So (Remix): 1-2-OUT

Trollz (f. Nicki Minaj): 1-32-53-84-OUT

I doubt it babe 

6 minutes ago, naval23 said:

Say So (Remix): 1-2-OUT

Trollz (f. Nicki Minaj): 1-32-53-84-OUT

I doubt it babe 

Do We Have a Problem and Nicki on Say So being the biggest plummets from #2 in history, iconic.

(non-Xmas, at least)

Edited by rihannabiggestfan

NO not when the song didn't get a music video and is obviously a more lowkey promo single type of situation. If she puts out a BIG bop she'll get a hit again

:heart:

Idk. The songs not great.

But lately Nickis songs have just been okay. Is she still better than Cardi as an artist? By a considerable amount, definitely. Does Nicki have hits that have transcended generations and the most iconic and memorable bars in hiphop? Yes. Did she in a sense create Cardi? Yes. 

So in a small way, yes she's had the last laugh since Cardi hasn't been able to get a second album out while basically being a popular caricature of black culture (but I won't go there). But again, she hasn't released her second album.

But I believe they aren't even comparable tbh. Both are in different stages of their career. 

Edited by Afterglow

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.