Say It Right was Bad Romance'd in Germany, peaking at #2 for 9 weeks. Shook?

naval23

It got blocked for 9 weeks by the song of the decade in Germany (and #1 biggest hit of the year in Austria, Germany and Switzerland)  

It still ended up as the 3rd biggest hit of the year (All Good Things was #2 and she had the biggest album of that year)

Her stats in Germany were insane though (even Folklore was the 5th biggest album of 2004 and Powerless was a top 10 smash there :deadbanana:)

Why did Germany love her so much?

Year-End(2006):

Maneater - #12

Promiscuous - #35

Loose - #11 

Year-End(2007)

All Good Things - #2

Say It Right - #3

Loose - #1

Album was the number one album of 2007 too :clap3:

sold over a million as a well 

I think a lot of ppl thought she was a new artist during this era soo it was exciting to support her. Everyone caught on by the next era after this because she bomb hard.

3 minutes ago, Power love said:

I think a lot of ppl thought she was a new artist during this era soo it was exciting to support her. Everyone caught on by the next era after this because she bomb hard.

When Folklore was a top 5 best seller of the year in 2004? I doubt it babe 

They stanned talent!

1 hour ago, Power love said:

She had two Top 10 hits in Germany prior to Maneater already though :deadbanana2:

1 hour ago, Power love said:

Oh please. I smell a bitter Fergie stan :duck: 

For real though Loose deserved. Top 10 best pop albums of the 2000s alongside Confessions, LAMB and The Fame.

At a certain point, she was the #1 female in Germany. Say it Right - btw - is the new national anthem of Germany as voted by the GP in 2007. 

Was she blocked by DJ Ötzi? :bibliahh:

Anyway, Say It Right didn't do good if I remember right. All Good Things was the IT song in Europe during the era.

1 hour ago, prézli said:

Was she blocked by DJ Ötzi? :bibliahh:

Anyway, Say It Right didn't do good if I remember right. All Good Things was the IT song in Europe during the era.

Say It Right was very popular but All Good Thing was the 14th biggest selling single of the 2000s decade in Germany. A classic. :jonny:

Nelly was HUGE during that era here in Germany: 

Maneater, All good things, Promiscuous and Say it Right were all SMASHAS and then u had the song with Justin Timberlake that also did well.

Then u also had Broken Strings which was also a big success here. 

However her Spanish album killed all the momentum she had going for her. Manos Al Aire still did ok, but after that it was a sealed deal basically.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.