Is The Weeknd - Out Of Time being sabotaged ?

Ivan_brit

Is The Weeknd  Dawn FM 3rd single is being Sabotaged?

Despite being one of the fave songs of the album Abel & his team refuses to push this song when clearly is doing great without any Promo or support

Spotify:

- 6,928,143 :eek:  that's a lot for an ugly remix

Youtube:

- Video = 42 million views

- Lyric Video = 6.3 million views

- Audio Video = 12.6 million views

The song is currently #19 at Pop radio slowly rising for the last 2 months 

If any other artist was doing this numbers they will automatically be added to some big Playlist like TTH & others, aslo big radio Stations ignoring the song but still snatch Top 20 at radio

Of Course promo had been non existant for this ear :weeps:

So What do you guys Think? 

Is Out Of Time being Sabotaged?

The hit potential is there... what are they waiting for?

The Weeknd Ho Yeon Jung GIF - The Weeknd Ho Yeon Jung The Weeknd And Ho  Yeon Jung - Descubre & Comparte GIFs

This, but with the entire record. This rollout has been a mess and it's a shame since Gasoline, Sacrifice, Out of Time and ITSE all deserved to SMASH. :chick3:

First time I´m hearing it

Love the city pop vibe :gaycat4:

They didn't really try tbh. It's not even top 5 on his own personal Spotify playlists :toofunny2:

The song is amazing. I think he had run out of momentum by the time it was released and it got In Your Eyes'd, but Less Than Zero is coming to be Save Your Tears'd and avenge it.

3 minutes ago, Truth Teller said:

They didn't really try tbh. It's not even top 5 on his own personal Spotify playlists :toofunny2:

The song is amazing. I think he had run out of momentum by the time it was released and it got In Your Eyes'd, but Less Than Zero is coming to be Save Your Tears'd and avenge it.

They Told me that OOT was the one coming to smash!! Im sacred they will do the same with Less Than Zero :weeps:

I mean Im not asking for TV perfomances but at least some playlist support & some Radio could help... the Tour Starts Friday maybe next week 

Honestly feels like the whole era is sabotaged

but u can say that ppl are a tad bit tired of him?

However, he serves Lots of great songs

which is strange how they arent taking off..

I am almost positive that I just read on some press release about the tour something along the lines of him wanting Dawn FM to be different from his other eras and more “lowkey”. Idk if it’s because the other 2 singles underperformed :toofunny2: or because they really were planning on doing no promo

Let's Stream this masterpiece

27 minutes ago, SweetTalker said:

I am almost positive that I just read on some press release about the tour something along the lines of him wanting Dawn FM to be different from his other eras and more “lowkey”. Idk if it’s because the other 2 singles underperformed :toofunny2: or because they really were planning on doing no promo

TMB was a hit, Sacrifice did fine at least the streams are also good, his team at least put both singles at some playlist.

I Hate this lazy artist releasing the album & doing 0  promo. He did a few perfomances with AH just at big awards or TV shows

Out Of Time is one of the best tracks on the album. The era was kinda DOA since Dawn FM took too long to release and AH still smashing overshadowed any potential.

1 hour ago, Rev8 said:

Honestly feels like the whole era is sabotaged

but u can say that ppl are a tad bit tired of him?

However, he serves Lots of great songs

which is strange how they arent taking off..

I believe the tour and a well needed break afterwards will be a good bounce back for him.

It’s good but Less Than Zero is the smash of the album if he ever decides to push it 

3 hours ago, ATWK said:

This, but with the entire record. This rollout has been a mess and it's a shame since Gasoline, Sacrifice, Out of Time and ITSE all deserved to SMASH. :chick3:

Ugh...tell me about it ?

I know he was extremely busy throughout the year with tour planning and rehearsals + the HBO show (then having to reshoot it) + the last-minute Coachella set, but just a few performances on late night shows, SNL, or the BBMAs and/or BET would have made such a difference to help the album get more attention from the general public. 

At the same time, there was ongoing criticism of overexposure following his mid-to-late 2021 run of collaborations, so maybe it was a strategic move to let the music resonate organically (which sadly didn't happen since folks still refused to let go of the "After Hours" era). For me, the most baffling thing was the fact his team didn't even bother to push "Out Of Time" on major streaming playlists. That was unforgivable, as it didn't even give the song a proper shot.

2 hours ago, SweetTalker said:

You're right. Here's the quote from the recent Variety article:

After a couple of postponements, it was decided to scrap the original tour completely and go big with a stadium-sized show that will highlight both “After Hours” and his most recent album, “Dawn FM,” which the Weeknd (whose real name is Abel Tesfaye) released in January in a deliberately low-key fashion, possibly to give his audience a breather between the ubiquity of “Blinding Lights” and a massive, multi-year world tour.

He genuinely didn't invest nearly as much on promotion as he usually does, so there seems to be some element of truth to the deliberately low-key fashion of the era. It still shocks me lead single "Take My Breath" didn't get a single live performance throughout 2021 despite several opportunities to do so - same applies to the high-profile collaborations like "You Right", "Moth To A Flame", and "One Right Now". 

Then 2022 was filled with extensive tour preparations and shooting (later reshooting and reworking) for his HBO show, so I imagine him and his team must have agreed that a compromise needed to be made somewhere. Of course, the underperformance might have influenced their decision to...ahem...sacrifice the era's rollout, but if "Kiss Land" is any indication, he doesn't seem to be one to give up on a project just because it wasn't a hit, so the focus on delivering a great tour and ensuring his acting and producer debut goes well must have been the main reason behind this decision.

Just my take on it, of course.

2 minutes ago, Moonlight Nation said:

Ugh...tell me about it ?

I know he was extremely busy throughout the year with tour planning and rehearsals + the HBO show (then having to reshoot it) + the last-minute Coachella set, but just a few performances on late night shows, SNL, or the BBMAs and/or BET would have made such a difference to help the album get more attention from the general public. 

At the same time, there was ongoing criticism of overexposure following his mid-to-late 2021 run of collaborations, so maybe it was a strategic move to let the music resonate organically (which sadly didn't happen since folks still refused to let go of the "After Hours" era). For me, the most baffling thing was the fact his team didn't even bother to push "Out Of Time" on major streaming playlists. That was unforgivable, as it didn't even give the song a proper shot.

True. I don't blame him for not going all out on promo this year. As you pointed out, he's booked and busy for the entire year.

Still, the non-ending of the AH era and the anti-climatic Take My Breath release really dampened the hype for Dawn FM. The era technically began in August, but it never really felt like it. Then came all the features that made him overexposed before we even had a release date for the album. Hurricane, Moth to a Flame and You Right were perfectly fine, but we really didn't need One Right Now, La Fama or that Aaliyah song.

I feel like surprise-releasing the album in January without a preceding single would've been the best option, as it would've focused all the attention on the record as a whole, limited expectations for the singles' chart run and still be the low-key release he wanted.

One of the songs would probably connect with the public on album release and would eventually become the 1st single. Instead we got Take My Breath (which did fine, I guess), Sacrifice (which got overshadowed by Out of Time), Gasoline (whose radio release was scrapped), I Heard You're Married (scrapped as well) and Out of Time (which never got the chance to live up to its full potential).

Of course, this doesn't make me love this album any less, but still, it hurts to see that none of the tracks are in his Spotify top-10 popular songs. It just doesn't feel right. :chick3:

Yes, Out Of Time is one of the top best songs from Dawn FM. It needs more recognition then it gets. So underrated.

the whole album feels sabotaged, no you can't say he's oVeReXpOsEd because his older catalog (album tracks at that) are rising (also thanks to tiktok, but it shows that people are not tired of him) 

Less Than Zero sounds like the only hope for another hit now, though i'm hoping we're at least still getting a video for HDIMYLM, Is There Someone Else and Don't Break My Heart

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.