iPhone or Galaxy?

TROPICUM

Full disclaimer: I’m not intending for this to become an iOS vs Android war, just looking for the best option FOR ME. 

I'm a college student. I'm buying a new phone, and while I was thinking on getting the iPhone 13 Pro Max, I got into a conversation with a teacher about how Samsungs are a lot more useful. I researched some stuff and now I’m wondering wether I should get the Galaxy S22 or stick with iPhone. 

Is it worth the change? Are Galaxy’s really that great? 

Edited by TROPICUM

Both are great options, but if you want longevity you should go for an IPhone 

Right now I’m using an iPhone 13 pro, and it’s incredible 

Honestly both phones do what you would need them to do. It comes down to preference. I personally like imessage so iPhone for me >>>>

Galaxy is better on paper but I think in real life iPhone is more useful due to their optimization. Plus if you have other Apple products, they will sync flawlessly while I think Galaxy phones are better as stand alone gadget.

Go with the phone that has "awesome screen, awesome camera, long lasting battery life". :rockon:

a random question though: why preface it with the disclaimer that you're a college student? :rip: 

the samsung has better hardware, apple has better optimization of their hardware. Apple runs better on less resources, and I think the UI is better. 

Phones in general are not really that eco-friendly, but according to research by NGOs, Samsung phones overall do pretty bad in terms of ethical sourcing, supply chain transparency, fair labor practices, recyclability, usage of toxic chemicals and repairability. 

Also like Samsung is a South Korean chaebol, they're literally the operated like the mafia with state funding from South Korea because they bring in taxes. Their business practices make American capitalism look... humane. Recently watched a documentary about how Samsung gave thousands of their workers cancer by mandating unsafe working conditions with chemicals and how they tried to sue and destroy the families of the workers that had died from cancer.

There's not really much difference between them these days. Whatever one does, the other does just the same. 

S22 Ultra takes slightly better pictures, iPhone records slightly better videos. 

It's all on the ecosystem. Do you have macbook? Go iPhone

Do you use Windows? Go Samsung. With Phone Link the integration between your phone and your laptop is unbeatable. 

Other than that, they have similar battery life, S22 ultra has a better screen. iPhone has better support (Apple Support) 

Android is more complete than iOS, but its up to what you use. What's the point of having those amazing features if you aint gonna use them, right? 

iOS camera is more optimized for Social Media. If you're one of those social media thots, iPhone is the way. 

If you want productivity, multitask, pen support, dex, you go S22 Ultra. 

I'm pretty sure the iPhone can do basically anything that the Galaxy does too - in my opinion, as an iPhone user, it's a better experience. 

If you don't mind the awful and super restrictive iPhone UI and iOS, then iPhone. They are much better machines atm. 

Personally iOS drives me nuts, so I stick with Samsung, but if you don't have software preference and don't care about customizing your phone to your needs, then go with an iPhone. 

iPhone by miles.

I used to defend Android devices until i got an iPhone and it's so much better :skull:

1 hour ago, TROPICUM said:

I’m not intending for this to become an iOS vs Android war, just looking for the best option FOR ME. 

well it's gonna happen anyways

ot: iPhone is hella overrated

but in recent times, Galaxy is a bit off too

iPhone. Android is absolutely infuriating to use.

iPhone.

Samsung has been innovative in terms of being feature-packed and they’re usually one of the first to implement new technology. But I find them to be very inconsistent as years go by where Apple focuses on things that actually matter like power/battery/software optimization. Apple supports their phones for 5+ years and you don’t have to worry about resale values or reliability. Their ecosystem is also superior and their range of devices are always at the top of its class. Nothing beats my Mac + iPhone combo, it really makes my PC a pain to use. 

Galaxy: better hardware

iPhone: better software

basically :rip:

Ive had Samsung since Galaxy 2.  Never had an iPhone and kinda never want one. 

iPhone, way more slicker 

It’s tough because Apple is evil but the iPhone is still the best smartphone on an overall level. 

Their CEO Tim C*ck has a lot to answer for though. 

Tsb.gif

Edited by Slap

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.