Does "bi-curious" make sense?

bocelli

Not trying to sound disrespectful but Ive come across many men who say theyre bi-curious and my whole thing is: You cant be straight and want to get with a man. Youre either bi or a gay in denial.

Thoughts?

8oAHnD5.gif

Is it difficult to understand the concept of being curious about your sexuality and wanting to explore that curiosity before fully identifying as bisexual? 

Or do you just want to start a useless argument because you’re bored? 

1 minute ago, jordanjm said:

Is it difficult to understand the concept of being curious about your sexuality and wanting to explore that curiosity before fully identifying as bisexual? 

Or do you just want to start a useless argument because you’re bored? 

Im just saying that you cant be straight if youre attracted to men

IMO a guy can be straight and hook up

with a guy… that doesn’t necessarily make him gay. Now if he’s on Grindr 3 days a week and hooking up multiple times a week/month that’s a bit different.

Sometimes guys get bored, haven’t gotten laid in a long time, have always been curious, going through personal issues… it’s not always black and white.

• ATRL Moderator

Yes.

Nah boo, they are bi. 

Unless its a one time thing forever and they felt nothing in that moment.  Same applies to a gay guy curious about sleeping with women and do it constantly and say curious. They are Simply bi . 

Edited by L.B GAGA

1 minute ago, gatito said:

says who? :deadbanana4:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_who_have_sex_with_men read it and close this ignorant thread

Cute term used to make those guys a statistic without making them lose their marbles that they are lgbt but its greenwashing internalized homophobia. 

Edited by L.B GAGA

People use whatever definitions help them best conceptualize their sexuality. 

For some who identify as mostly straight or haven’t acted on their same-sex desires yet, it makes sense why the term would work for them. 

3 minutes ago, gatito said:

says who? :deadbanana4:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_who_have_sex_with_men read it and close this ignorant thread

Says this 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bisexual_erasure

Keep the thread open

sexuality is a spectrum is it that hard to believe people are curious as to where they land on that spectrum? never know if you never try type thing. 

2 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

People use whatever definitions help them best conceptualize their sexuality. 

For some who identify as mostly straight or haven’t acted on their same-sex desires yet, it makes sense why the term would work for them. 

This. It makes perfect sense, but it’s not a sexual orientation in the same way being bi is.

Well, I'm gay and a while ago I was curious how it would be to have sex with a girl. 

I made plans with my female friend to make this happen, and we had sex. 

I'm not bi or straight. I was just curious. 

maybe we should normalize having sex with whoever the *** you want to? 

It’s called closeted sweety.

Edited by Mr.Link

6 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Well, I'm gay and a while ago I was curious how it would be to have sex with a girl. 

I made plans with my female friend to make this happen, and we had sex. 

I'm not bi or straight. I was just curious. 

Maybe you are just bi. You felt the attraction and enjoyed it. Maybe bi but leaning more to guys . Bi aint always 50/50

1 minute ago, L.B GAGA said:

Maybe you are just bi. You felt the attraction and enjoyed it. Maybe bi but leaning more to guys . Bi aint always 50/50

Oh no no. I did not enjoy it. I need the male body. I was able to penetrate, but that's because I can get hard just by touching my member. But the female body does not attract me at all. I had to manually arouse myself to make sure this happened

its called being curious about your sexuality and experimenting more. even if you have one bad experience with someone, doesn't mean you're not necessarily attracted to that sex 

Bi-curious are guys who are attracted to women but are curious to try having sex with a guy. Difference between them and bisexual guys are it's usually one-and-done deal or they are very sexual person but has attraction to women but because they are so sexual, they don't think much about the person they are having sex with. They wouldn't usually seek out men but if presented with opportunity, they wouldn't say no either.

• ATRL Moderator

Yes.

Bi-curious just means that someone is curious regarding what intimacy might be like with a member of the same sex. Not everyone immediately comes to terms with their sexuality, so in these cases people slowly begin to question heteronormativity and it’s nice that they have a term to help them along the way.

Taylucifer

ive honestly never met a bi-curious guy 

there’s probably lots of those in prison since they have no access to women

Edited by Taylucifer

It absolutely makes sense. 

Curious means you've never tried it, but you've thought about and are open minded enough to try it sometime. 

41 minutes ago, Badgalbriel said:

Oh no no. I did not enjoy it. I need the male body. I was able to penetrate, but that's because I can get hard just by touching my member. But the female body does not attract me at all. I had to manually arouse myself to make sure this happened

Then you are the definition of bi curious as i had mentioned before. Done once, never enjoyed it and done with the curiosity after that. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.