Is ARTPOP a stain on Gaga’s legacy?

MadMax12

smoore95GAGA

No but Joanne is :gaygacat2:

I remember it leaked while I was in a mental hospital and the first thing I did when I got out was **** my boyfriend while it played in the background for the first time

Not when has her Jazzzzzz albums plus Joanna so...

• ATRL Moderator

Her best album :clap3: 

1 hour ago, Freakshowvato said:

It was the end of her pop career so yeah

Yet she scored a #1 in 2020 with her POP album :confused:

OT: No, it's still an iconic album/era in the 2010's pop culture despite all its flaws and messiness and serves as a major inflexion point in her overall career trajectory. Imagine watching a Lady Gaga biopic in the future without events chronicling late 2012-early 2014, it would feel empty and incomplete :laugh:

No, if ARTPOP didn't happen, she would have been Katy Perry'd. It was a blessing in disguise and it happened before she hit 30 which gave her enough time to rebrand. 

Edited by charot

nah, it is at least a fan favorite.

I actually really enjoy the album, I was honestly very pleased back when I heard it in 2013, never understood the amount of hate it got during that time, there are some good highlights and overall it's a solid album.

Can you imagine if the album and singles were more successful and Gaga kept being even more outrageous and provocative? At least she had to tone it down and change something 

3 hours ago, Jagger said:

I remember it leaked while I was in a mental hospital and the first thing I did when I got out was **** my boyfriend while it played in the background for the first time

:bibliahh:

No, it was the last time she’s becoming lady gaga.

and yes, artpop is her best album so far and unlikely to be change.

kris-jenner-gun.gif

ARTPOP era was a mess at the time but the music was great and it’s aged really well.

:heart2:

It’s also the last time Lady Gaga felt like “Lady Gaga”. She’s so normie now, and I get why. But that was an incredibly fun time in Pop.

Maybe not for her though, she was going through *something at the time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.