Will Avatar 2 flop?

bocelli

I feel as though people are over it, they let the GP wait for too long...everybody has moved on atp.

I think the sequel might do 700-800 M worldwide, which is 1/4 of what the first movie has grossed = flop

8XGH7JJ.gif

I don’t think this generation cares about avatar. The gimmick it had in 2009 is irrelevant nowadays. I’m sure it will do great but no way it will be anywhere near the original. But who knows, I wasn’t expecting top Gun to smash. Anything is possible 

The straights will eat it up, don't you worry about that

no China and Russia, and good VFX aren't as impressive now, so it'll probably do something like MoM or TGM.

2 minutes ago, WildAmerican said:

no China and Russia, and good VFX aren't as impressive now, so it'll probably do something like MoM or TGM.

Girl what are these abbreviations

Avatar 1 had insane longevity from good word of mouth through the holidays. If Avatar 2 is actually good I think it'll do fine, but definitely not a Marvel level blockbuster opening weekend.

The marketing has been bad, they'll really have to amp it up soon

700M at best. Hope I'm wrong and do even less than that. 

4 minutes ago, bocelli said:

Girl what are these abbreviations

Multiverse of Madness and Top Gun Maverick, the two biggest movies of the year :swan:

700/900M or even above that number is amazing for a sequel after all this years of waiting :celestial5:

Avatar grossed $750M in France, Germany, UK, Japan and Spain alone. The amount of money it made in so many smaller and developing markets that are now exponentially bigger, plus inflation and increased ticket prices compared to 13 years ago... like c'mon girls.

The teaser (not even the main trailer) generated insane viewership. This film is about as global as it gets, more global than Endgame. 

$1.7B is the floor, I'm expecting grosses in the $2B range though. 

No, it’ll do fine. It won’t make what the original did but if the word of mouth is as good as the first one’s was, it will have long legs post-opening weekend and could pretty effortlessly still cross the $1 billion mark. 

It’s a guaranteed hit. Disney will promote it even if it has to spend its every last penny on it and pay people to watch it. 

That said, the pretentiousness is too much, if it bombed I wouldn’t mind at all. 

feels like a completely different era so who knows. 

i dont think it'll flop but i dont think itll be a major hit like the first one

but im betting on 1b 

I think the main gimmick of the first one was the 3D componenet which is no longer a WOW factor for the GP

The trailer looks great and I will never count James Cameron out. I think it all depends on WoM

King James always know what he`s doing.

The hype is there, and he only need to nail the visual which i`m sure he can consider he waited for like 10 years for the technology to catch up and that teaser trailer already serve great gown, beautiful gown then the movie already at 1.5b gross.

If the story is also good then it will soar past 2b.

doubt it. even if it doesnt do numbers like the first it will likely still be big :celestial5:

10 hours ago, BNF91 said:

Avatar grossed $750M in France, Germany, UK, Japan and Spain alone. The amount of money it made in so many smaller and developing markets that are now exponentially bigger, plus inflation and increased ticket prices compared to 13 years ago... like c'mon girls.

The teaser (not even the main trailer) generated insane viewership. This film is about as global as it gets, more global than Endgame. 

$1.7B is the floor, I'm expecting grosses in the $2B range though. 

:rip: it did amazingly because of the novelty act. wasnt it 3d too?? but the first has no fandom and nobody checks for it in 2022 so no

10 hours ago, Power&Control said:

700/900M or even above that number is amazing for a sequel after all this years of waiting :celestial5:

10 hours ago, Totami Legend said:

700-800M are on lock. 

10 hours ago, Roberto said:

700M at best. Hope I'm wrong and do even less than that. 

It'll probably do 700M in China alone...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.