Finally Enough Love vs. Dawn Of Chromatica

Wildcat

The Club Future Nostalgia print  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Better remix album?

• Mad - Finally Enough Love
    • Fad - Dawn Of Chromatica

Which formerly-catholic-bottle-blonde-italian-american-dance-pop-gay-icon-from-New-York released the best oontz oontz album, ATRL?

The "Deeper And Deeper" (David's Radio Edit) [2022 Remaster] hitmaker or the "1000 Doves" (Planningtorock Remix) songstress?

Discuss and vote wisely!

artqngel-the-blessed-madonna.gif

DoC by far. Displaying young queer talent and giving them a platform and countless new fans. Overall banger after banger. 

FEL fizzles out after the 80s bangers and I've never been a fan of those maxi single CD remixes from the late 90s/2000s. They all start the same too lol.

Also Madonna is from Michigan.

When did Madonna and Gaga stop being Catholic? :rip: 

Well Madonna's compilation features actual classics. So it's no contest really!

Both are great remix albums but I prefer DOC.

They are completely different remix albums concept wise. I'll vote for DoC because it turns the generic, faceless original into something salvageable

2 minutes ago, #Beautiful said:

who the **** voted gaga :deadbanana2:

Monsters I guess....

3 minutes ago, MadOnHer said:

Monsters I guess....

are they completely deaf? madonna's dance #1's are like 50% of gaga's career moodboard

23 minutes ago, State of Grace. said:

The one with this masterpiece

:nicole:

14 minutes ago, MadOnHer said:

Well Madonna's compilation features actual classics. So it's no contest really!

Exactly, and that version is only 16 tracks, there's 50 in total, and so many more bops to come.

Poor Gaga.

i loved finally enough love but doc has the features that i love so much more 

DoC by far, experimental queer excellence. Gaga could do any one of those faceless PnP circuit remixes, Madonna could only ever dream of having something like the 911 Remix in her (bloated, ancient, and awfully-sung) discography. 

Imagine thinking Stupid Love >>>>> Frozen, vogue, like a prayer :lmao:

You gotta feel sorry for these people.

11 minutes ago, wanderlust said:

Imagine thinking Stupid Love >>>>> Frozen, vogue, like a prayer :lmao:

You gotta feel sorry for these people.

If we were talking about the original songs yeah, but we're talking about the remixes presented in OP. One album reimagined the songs into an experimental realm, the other did club fodder that acts as a coke bump break. Not wild to see why one of them currently has 2/3  of the votes :celestial5:

I feel sorry for reading comprehension challenged people who can't tell the difference between comparing songs and comparing remixes.

Finally Enough Love by far! The way Madonna reinvented some of these songs where the remixes sometimes bypass the originals! :clap3:

Chromatica is actually some where I prefer the album versions to some of the mixes but I love the 911 and Free Woman remixes on it.

Dawn of Chromatica had an ethos, a vision, something that made it a cohesive project with its own identity. Finally Enough Love is a collection of mostly good, but also not entirely new, Madonna remixes. DoC wins for me by virtue of being its own idea and for highlighting experimental sounds and centering queer collaborators.

There’s also the fact that many DoC tracks are either on par with or even better than their original counterparts. I’ve only rarely heard Madonna remixes that are as good as or better than the originals. That’s mostly a testament to the quality of her discography, not a knock on the remixes, but it does mean I won’t go to any tracks that are featured on Finally Enough Love instead of the album versions in almost any case. I do go to tracks like Free Woman on DoC over the originals sometimes.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.