Dido has sold more album than Kesha and Katy combined… surprised?

Julia Fox

1 hour ago, naval23 said:

Dido was the 90s Adele on a smaller scale

No Angel and Life for Rent were her 21 and 25 

White Flag is her Hello while Thank You is her Someone Like You

Yup. Dido walked so Adele could sit

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Julia Fox

• Bloodflowers.

• Sharapov

• PopKills

24 minutes ago, Power love said:

Right? She lasted two eras while both Katy & Kesha lasted longer. Are more known today as well. Had bigger hits in the US.

Kesha lasted one era :skull:

Dido is a bigger artist than Kesha, so no surprises there. As for Katy, well she was more of a singles artist.

3 minutes ago, blueberries said:

Kesha lasted one era :skull:

Yea, and also Dido felt like it was more than 2 because the gap between her two first albums was huge -just like any of her albums tho :skull:- literally 4 years between them while Kesha was 2 years and between that years she released the Cannibal EP that showed already an underperformance by her after the success of Animal :deadbanana: 

I’m not surprised because she comes from an era during the peak of physical album sales 

White Flag is better than any song released by Katy or Kesha. 

Songs like Life for rent, don't leave home, hunter, thank you, i don't believe in love, etc. Are the kind of good music that those two fads would never make.

25 minutes ago, Julia Fox said:

Yea, and also Dido felt like it was more than 2 because the gap between her two first albums was huge -just like any of her albums tho :skull:- literally 4 years between them while Kesha was 2 years and between that years she released the Cannibal EP that showed already an underperformance by her after the success of Animal :deadbanana: 

She took way too long to release Warrior , it should've been out in late 2011/early 2012

Not surprised. Her music is also way better than anything Katy and Kesha ever released.

Even though Kesha has Rainbow, which is a decent body of work. Perry has never released one. :sorry:

1 hour ago, naval23 said:

But where's Adele's:

She needs to serve this and PRONTO!

1 hour ago, Jagger said:

What a random thread 

Idek who this Dido person is 

You probably heard her songs before. Like her feature in Stan by Eminem which samples her hit Thank You is iconic. Like the term Stan literally comes from that song. If you haven’t heard Stan then you truly live under a rock because even Boomers know that song. 

Not at all. But she's not an indie singer lmao, she's been signed to huge labels throughout her entire career 

Not surprised, i remember when she got a lot of hype after Eminem's Stan and the TY sing was everywhere. She deserved the sucess, her debut alberm specially is great.

well she debuted during the CDs era so no. katy's career is so much bigger tho

3 hours ago, UnusualBoy said:

No, I mean Here With Me and White Flag alone >

Exquisite taste. :clap3:

Dido was HUGE from 2001-2004

Like, Adele-level huge in the UK and a pretty huge international star, her songs were all over radio globally. "Here With Me", "White Flag", "Thank You" were all massive. She was on all the award shows and considered one of the biggest music stars in the world. Then her career fell off hard because she waited too long for her third album and she also changed her sound, removing the electronic influences in her music.

She was indeed the prelude to not only Adele but also Amy Winehouse, as the first female British adult contemporary-esque global crossover success story of the modern era

No, I mean Thank You and Hunter alone >>>>>

I'm not sure which is more surprising, Dido selling more albums than both Katy and Kesha combined, or Katy's album sales being that low. But I'm happy for Dido regardless, she deserves it. :clap3:

Her post-2010 stuff is so underrated!

Edited by Album Leak

Not surprised, Dido penned many classics:

White Flag

Thank You

Here With Me

I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman

Stan

Such talent is a sales magnet.

Never heard of her

4 hours ago, naval23 said:

helena bonham carter speech GIF by BAFTA

Comment of the century right there 

i mean was kesha ever really that strong with pure sales? im actually surprised she has almost 10m i thought itd be in the 5m range 

36 minutes ago, ontherocks said:

So boring

Mess. What does she have against Dido?

9 minutes ago, Nano said:

Mess. What does she have against Dido?

Good taste 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.