Will you be disappointed if the first female U.S. president isn't properly elected?

Nano

Since Biden is likely to croak any day now, how would you feel if the first female president of the U.S. wasn't even properly elected by the people for the job?

• ATRL Moderator

I would be disappointed if it were Kamala, yes.

Kamala will be the worst female president. She is absolutely panned by American audience right now, by the way.

IDK I'd be kinda disappointed if the first female President wasn't voted in and just given the title because Biden's decline. I love Kamala though, but she needs to step it up a bit.

I’d be disappointed if it was a cop who used prisoners as slave labour some of whom were only incarcerated for marajuana possession.

8 hours ago, Fastlane said:

Kamala will be the worst female president. She is absolutely panned by American audience right now, by the way.

Kamala would be the worst president in general, and would probably be used as propagandistic justification by the sexists for why there should never be another one. Nobody respects her, and she would clearly start imperialist wars in order to establish herself as someone worthy of military industrial complex support.

Technically she will be elected by the people for the job because they voted her and Joe on one ticket with the clear understanding that she would take the Presidency if Biden could no longer do it.

But I do think it will be a long time before a female candidate wins a general election with her name at the top of the ticket. Mainly due to the misogyny of voters and the media. Hillary's result also encouraged the narrative that it is risky to put a female up for it.

That's what happened in Canada, the first (and only) female was not actually elected and lost the election just 4 months later.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.