We deserved that Calvin Harris 2018 house album

Virgos Groove

ab67616d0000b273d09f96d82310d4d77c14c108ab67616d0000b273ccdcbd450e42fc7b27a82a1fab67616d0000b273a9a9d8a16c0b4146fb707c02

He was clearly teasing a house-inspired project with these three singles, but never followed through. Such a shame

drunk-dancing.gif

He has a classic thanks to Dua 

He has been dropping house music since those tracks :rip: 

Drake and Beyonce really got a lot of you thinking you know what "house music" is :deadbanana4:

Just now, James_Dean said:

He's has been dropping house music since those tracks :rip: 

Drake and Beyonce really got a lot of you thinking you know what "house music" is :deadbanana4:

Yeah, but that's a different project, under a different name, with completely different influences. I'm talking about an era that had a specific aesthetic (see: the single covers), when he was dropping house-inspired bops

image0.gif

I don't think so, you could tell in his productions (such as My Way, I Found You, Hype etc.) that he was getting fed up of the EDM/House sound that he'd been doing since 2012. I think he even admitted that himself at one point. Those songs were good but lacked the spark of the 18 Months era. 

It even shows with Love Regenerator as he experimented with rave-house and tech-house rather than the traditional house/EDM sound he had been doing previously. A good producer knows when to evolve their sound. 

I like his transition into funk/vaporwave because it reminds me a lot of "old" Calvin before the EDM phase. He's also a great songwriter and doesn't get enough credit for that. 

Though I hope one day his stuff from the early 2010s with Kesha, Leona, Jessie J etc. leaks. I'd love to hear those songs.

28 minutes ago, Zack said:

I don't think so, you could tell in his productions (such as My Way, I Found You, Hype etc.) that he was getting fed up of the EDM/House sound that he'd been doing since 2012. I think he even admitted that himself at one point. Those songs were good but lacked the spark of the 18 Months era. 

It even shows with Love Regenerator as he experimented with rave-house and tech-house rather than the traditional house/EDM sound he had been doing previously. A good producer knows when to evolve their sound. 

I like his transition into funk/vaporwave because it reminds me a lot of "old" Calvin before the EDM phase. He's also a great songwriter and doesn't get enough credit for that. 

Though I hope one day his stuff from the early 2010s with Kesha, Leona, Jessie J etc. leaks. I'd love to hear those songs.

agreed

tho i def thought he was gonna release an album in 2018 or 2019 with the previous singles released  :dies: 

Feels is better than all of these

54 minutes ago, James_Dean said:

not y'all trying to gatekeep house music like its that deep. pls

tbh it was giving droplet era. Not in a shady way of the quality of the music, but I personally never felt the songs were leading to an album or anything. I kinda like how these songs are more standalone anyway for some reason (minus Giants, never liked that one xo)

Yes! "Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 1" was such a mess and then he suddenly released those 3 amazing singles! 

This is the direction he should follow :chick3: and another "solo" song please. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.