Ricky Martin vs. Chayanne vs. Luis Miguel vs. Enrique: BIGGER, BETTER, HOTTER?

DoubleRainbow!

BIGGER, BETTER, HOTTER?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Bigger at peak?

• Ricky Martin
    • Chayanne
    • Luis Miguel
    • Enrique Iglesias
  2. 2. Hotter at peak?

• Ricky Martin
    • Chayanne
    • Luis Miguel
    • Enrique Iglesias
  3. 3. More global?

• Ricky Martin
    • Chayanne
    • Luis Miguel
    • Enrique Iglesias

Arguably the biggest pop boys in the LATAM / Spain region during the 80's, 90's and even early 2000's.

But who was bigger, hotter, more global?

Ricky Martin: (Puerto Rico)

Chayanne: (Puerto Rico)

Luis Miguel: (Mexico)

Enrique Iglesias: (Spain)

todo para mi chayanne :smitten:

:rip:

Bigger peak: Ricky

Hotter at peak: It's between Luis Miguel and Ricky

More global: It's between Ricky & Enrique.

Although hasn't Luis Miguel outsold them all? His albums from mid 80s to late 90s were HUGE.

• ATRL Moderator

Juan Gabriel sweetie...

Bigger peal: Luis Miguel

Hotter: Ricky

More Global: Ricky

BUT, I think out of all of them, Chayanne is the most consistent and has aged like fine wine :WAP:

Chayanne in swimwear is just too much, nobody comes close. Living la vida loca is the bigger peak. Luis Miguel never cared about the crossover and had one the biggest peaks ever in latin countries.

Edited by tshwark

Bigger Peak: Ricky

Hotter: Enrique

More Global: Enrique

But Queen Juan Gabriel >>>>>>

I think Luis Miguel had the most beautiful face among them

But Ricky was the hottest overall, he looks like a God in that Cup Of Life video 

Chayanne in that green tongue tho 

Luis Miguel is the most impactful, while Ricky had the biggest peak and Enrique achieved the most global status.

I went with Ricky for all three questions, but I 1000% agree with this:

22 minutes ago, Littlejfrey said:

BUT, I think out of all of them, Chayanne is the most consistent and has aged like fine wine :WAP:

22 minutes ago, tshwark said:

Chayanne in swimwear is just too much, nobody comes close. Living la vida loca is the bigger peak. Luis Miguel never cared about the crossover and had one the biggest peaks ever in latin countries.

you mean those tacky thong pics with long hair or something else??

Bigger Enrique 

Hotter Ricky 

Global Enrique 

Idk who was bigger back in the day, probably Ricky.

Enrique for the rest!:gaygacat1:

The only right answer for hotter is Ricky Martin! Wasn't he called the latin lover? He remained very attractive until recently when he decided to jump on the femininity bandwagon. 

Iglesias was also very sexy and appealing until the start of the 10s when he turned into a party "freak". 

Bigger and more global: Ricky Martin

Hotter: Enrique Iglesias

I mean...

DpPlbBkVsAAeGCN.jpg

:WAP:

Benito docqXuh.gif

Bigger peak: Ricky in 1998-2000
Better: Luis Miguel
Hotter: Chayanne :WAP:
More Global: Maybe Enrique

Just Googled Chayanne in the 90s and found his photos in a thong :WAP:  the b*lge magad 

Jubby ?? в Twitter: „Ive never wanted to suck a dick so bad ?“ / Twitter

Ricky has always been so fine ugh :WAP: he's definitely the hottest for me

I think Enrique has always been the biggest

Enrique is probably the biggest overall artist. He's the best selling Spanish language act of the 90s and has the record for most #1 hits on the Latin charts by a significant margin. As a crossover act he enjoyed a longer imperial phase than his peers and even had a resurgence in mainstream popularity in the 2010s. Of the Latin artists of his generation he transitioned to the streaming era and the current reggaeton dominated Latin market the best. You could make the argument that the string of hits he had in 2014-2017 set the tone for one latin mega-hit dominating throughout the year, getting billions of youtube views and crossing over into the Top 40. Despacito (the remix with Justin Bieber) is when it really broke through it but it was following template of Bailando. I'd say he's currently the biggest globally, he gets a lot of play in countries that don't even use western music.

All that being said...at his peak in 1998-1999 Ricky was definitely the biggest. When he hit with Livin' La Vida Loca it was a genuine pop culture phenomenon but the magic started to wear at the turn of the millennium and by the beginning of 2001 it was like turning out a light in everything but the Latin market. Since the late 90s he'd been a big deal in Europe and Asia with hits like Maria, La Copa De La Vida but when he came back with Almas Del Siliencio it just didn't have the same global impact. I also think his youtube numbers for his classic material seem low. LLVL has pretty impressive numbers but none of his other English videos are even close to certified. Only Maria of his Spanish material is certified (with again pretty impressive views) and La Copa De La Vida has it's views spread out among several different versions but songs like La Bomba, Vuelve and Tal Vez have pretty low views for how big hits they were back in the day. Chayanne is his closest contemporary (also Puerto rican, child star turned pop singer, turned Latin-pop star, dancer and showman) a lot of his classic material has music better views.

Luis Miguel is an interesting one as although he definitely has pop songs I don't really see him as a pop or latin-pop singer. I think he's more of a Sinatra-like figure to the Latin market. He was undeniably huge in the 80s and 90s but his success is a lot harder to compare to the others singers we're discussing.

Bigger: Enrique

Better: Luis Miguel

Hotter: :doc: none

I don't regret voting for Ricky, but I feel like Chayanne deserves more love in the polls.  I mean, his body looked like THIS just a few years ago:

56468355-131693044579056-214274134417002

7ySNWuwg.jpeg

(I even find him hotter than his son and that's not usually the case for me :drool:)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.