Weird collabs that ended up working?

Jay T

There have been multiple instances where weird collabs like “girls” by Rita ora/Bebe/cardi & charli as well as “don’t call me angel” have been released but they weren’t good songs nor were they hits. 

But what are some weird collabs that actually ended up good or were hits? (Doesn’t need to be three + artists) 

AlexStexaul

lil nas x ft billy ray cyrus 

Beyonce, Britney, P!nk and Enrique Iglesias. 

32 minutes ago, AlexStexaul said:

lil nas x ft billy ray cyrus 

This feels like the most random collab ever :rip: 

Rain on me. I never thought they would sound good together considrering how different their voice types are. But then they even used the contrast and difference to make it work, they even enhanced the difference to create the contrast. Gaga sounded more robotic and darker than ever and Ari sounded high and crystal clear. Whewww!!

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA

This sounded like it was gonna be mediocre because these types of collabs never usually play to either artist's strengths, and it sounded like the wet dream of some Europop stan on r/popheads that complains about rap being popular -- but it was one of the best songs of 2019! They play off each other really well and it's just fun.

I mean… in the Spanish sphere nobody thought that Shakira and Alejandro would collab and even less in a genre -at least at that time- weren’t touched by both like reggaeton… the results was a ******* masterpiece… maybe the most experimental, clever and catchy reggaeton song. A karaoke staple. A smash hit in the US despite being full Spanish… that was La Tortura 

21 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

Rain on me. I never thought they would sound good together considrering how different their voice types are. But then they even used the contrast and difference to make it work, they even enhanced the difference to create the contrast. Gaga sounded more robotic and darker than ever and Ari sounded high and crystal clear. Whewww!!

A pop collaboration :clap3:

Bebe Rexha & Florida Georgia Line

Lady Gaga and Tony Bennett :rip:

It doesn't seem that weird now, but tell that to someone in '09 that Gaga would be collaborating with Tony on multiple albums and they wouldn't believe you.

But they both got Grammys out of it, so I guess it worked.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.