Will Rihanna’s comeback have as much hype as Beyoncé’s?

Solaria

6 minutes ago, Robyn. said:

Here's the clock you ordered

Album sales:

Rihanna - 33,480,000

Beyoncé - 33,430,000

Singles:

Rihanna - 257,560,000

Beyoncé - 166,890,000

Youtube

Rihanna - +19,8B views

Beyoncé - +15B views

Spotify

Rihanna - +50M monthly listeners

Beyoncé - +32M monthly listeners

sis you didn't have to end her LIKE THAT ? RIP

6 minutes ago, Robyn. said:

Album sales:

Rihanna - 33,480,000

Beyoncé - 33,430,000

Singles:

Rihanna - 257,560,000

Beyoncé - 166,890,000

Youtube

Rihanna - +19,8B views

Beyoncé - +15B views

Spotify

Rihanna Dance GIF - Rihanna Dance Twerk - Discover & Share GIFs

What clock lol.

As a celeb Beyoncé >>>>> Rihanna.

That's why Beyoncé has several 500k+ debuts, while Rihanna has zero over 300k:dies:

Because bigger the star, bigger the hype.

yes, if not more 

aside from a few collabs rihanna hasn’t released solo music since anti so the drought has been longer than Beyonce who’s released many side projects since lemonade up until now 

People are really conflating her consistent streams with overall success. If Beyoncé and Rihanna both came out and gave it their all simultaneously in terms of promo and rollouts Beyoncé would easily demolish and thats because of how big and die hard her fans are. One ass quality era/album from Rih and that trust will be broken.

Lets not forget that Lemonade was IFPI 2016s biggest album.

Probably more. Rihanna never really had "fan base hype" kind of releases in the past, but she's doing incredibly well on Spotify with no new music in years. People are hungry. Plus, Bey had features, EIL, Homecoming, and The Gift between Lemonade and this week. Rihanna has released nothing so the expectations and hype feel even bigger. 

That's for a lead single, though. Album is a different story. 

56 minutes ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

The hate that this site has towards Beyoncé. Y'all said that there's no hype at all and look she's #3 on Apple Music. 

Because Drake album tracks are dwindling down. If release last Friday it wouldn’t touch the top 10 because of Drake album tracks. It’s about tome

ya start having honest conversations.  :gaycat6:

Yes, the next Fenty Beauty line will have hype. 

27 minutes ago, My Tears Ricochet said:

What clock lol.

As a celeb Beyoncé >>>>> Rihanna.

That's why Beyoncé has several 500k+ debuts, while Rihanna has zero over 300k:dies:

Because bigger the star, bigger the hype.

500k debuts and yet their total album sales both stand at 33M.  :dies: 

How does the bigger star have similar album sales, less digital single sales, and weaker streams?

Beyoncé is a bigger touring force though, I'll give her that. But commercially speaking, y'all overestimate her.

smoore95GAGA
1 hour ago, kyliefever2002 said:

i think the longer the time rihanna takes the bigger the hype gets tbh 

When she finally does make her comeback we’ll all be here like

yes-grandma.gif

51 minutes ago, Robyn. said:

Album sales:

Rihanna - 33,480,000

Beyoncé - 33,430,000

Singles:

Rihanna - 257,560,000

Beyoncé - 166,890,000

Youtube

Rihanna - +19,8B views

Beyoncé - +15B views

Spotify

Rihanna Dance GIF - Rihanna Dance Twerk - Discover & Share GIFs

Plus Rihanna has a catalog still charting on the BB200 with Anti. No Beyonce catalog albums are charting and they haven’t for years. There should be a conversation as to why Beyoncé  old albums don’t chart?  

I can assure you that Beyoncé new single release won’t make not one of her albums chart next week. Save this post for next week to dragged me if I’m wrong. :gaycat6:

Edited by Rican

1 hour ago, Robyn. said:

I don't know if this was intented to be shade, but 5 out of 8 of Rihanna's lead singles were solo so I don't know where you got that "male feature" probability from. 

6*

I know damn well they’re not, truly, counting Calvin Harris as a featured act either.

:rip:

33 minutes ago, Rican said:

Because Drake album tracks are dwindling down. If release last Friday it wouldn’t touch the top 10 because of Drake album tracks. It’s about tome

ya start having honest conversations.  :gaycat6:

Ya ya whatever. Y'all called her irrelevant in 2022 and there's no hype for her.

She's #1 on iTunes, #3 on Apple and her box sets were sold out. Seethe and have a nice day! 

23 minutes ago, Rican said:

Plus Rihanna has a catalog still charting on the BB200 with Anti. No Beyonce catalog albums are charting and they haven’t for years. There should be a conversation as to why Beyoncé  old albums don’t chart?  

I can assure you that Beyoncé new single release won’t make not one of her albums chart next week. Save this post for next week to dragged me if I’m wrong. :gaycat6:

Good for Anti but B had several albums spending 100+ weeks. 

The confidence that you guys have I really hope that you realized that Adele, Ed, Bruno (Sill Sonic), Drake, The Weekend, BTS, Kendrick are underperforming, BTS was expected to debut with 500K by Billboard. Adele for example was a gigantic album seller with loyal GP that bought the physical copies of her albums. Drake/Ariana/The Weekend are streaming giants. Considering Rihanna was not a huge physical seller, I'd say her numbers will be driven by streaming like the latter examples. 

28 minutes ago, PrudenceHCharmed said:

Good for Anti but B had several albums spending 100+ weeks. 

Right now on the BB200

#105: ANTI (320 weeks charting)

#162: The Fame (267 weeks charting)

No Beyonce album charting :michael:

https://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200/

Her longest charting albums have been: 

I Am.. Sasha Fierce (193 weeks)

Beyoncé (186 weeks) 

https://www.billboard.com/artist/beyonce/

Her catalog stats are horrible. 

OT: Rihanna has more hype and by far *hence* why her last album hasn't left the charts and yet albums release during the same

time frame such as Lemonade are in no ones chart.

Edited by Rican

Ricky Wilson

There has never been any hype for Rihanna, it's all little quick singles

The public likes Rihanna as spotify playlist and radio fodder, but don't actually miss her or stan her

The public just isn't interested in spending their hard earned money on her, hence the lack of touring power or album selling pwr

2 minutes ago, Rican said:

Right now on the BB200

#105: ANTI (320 weeks charting)

#162: The Fame (267 weeks charting)

No Beyonce album charting :michael:

https://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200/

Her longest charting albums have been: 

I Am.. Sasha Fierce (193 weeks)

Beyoncé (186 weeks) 

https://www.billboard.com/artist/beyonce/

Her catalog stats are horrible. 

OT: Rihanna has more hype and by her *hence* why her last album hasn't left the charts and yet albums release that same year are in no ones chart.

You missed Dangerously In Love @ 105 weeks..

oh wow at her catalog stats are "horrible" when she has 3 albums spending 100 weeks. Additionally "4" spent 78 Weeks; Bday 74 Weeks & Lem 87 weeks. 

Single wise 100% yes. Album no. Beyonce is a huge album seller with big debuts. 

Absolutely, if not even more. It’s Rihanna, one of the biggest stars in the world, and judging from her incredible streams despite not dropping an album in years says a lot about her music and longevity. It doesn’t matter how much longer we keep waiting for the new album, when she drops it, it will be instantly at the top, you can write that down. She’s relevant even now, beating artists that dropped this year, and she’s outstreaming them! There is no doubt in my mind the hype will be real when she drops.

Not sure but it really doesn’t matter because nowadays Beyoncé is more hype than actual numbers while Rihanna actually pulls in real numbers, I mean she has never left the top 10 of most streamed female artists despite not releasing an album since 2016.

K bye for now, Sunshine. <3

Rihanna is still popular and wasnt left in the mid 10's so of course :sistrens:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.