Was Alexandra Burke ahead of her time?

ZIVERT

Her 2012 dance album "Heartbreak on Hold" popularized the expression "there's an elephant in the room" in the UK, but the album was essentially a flop. With a dance revival upon us, was the Let It Go songstress ahead of her time? :jonny5: 

Her first two albums were amazing. I don't understand why "Heartbreak on Hold" flopped. I wish she had released the title track as single instead of "Elephant."

she was TOO good. I wish with all my heart that the public hadn't dropped her like that. so much talent wasted.

10 minutes ago, NausAllien said:

Her first two albums were amazing. I don't understand why "Heartbreak on Hold" flopped. I wish she had released the title track as single instead of "Elephant."

She should have pushed Tonight as an official single, it probably would have smashed in Central/Eastern Europe since it samples one of the biggest Russian language dance hits. All the potential was there :cries2:

I loved this album back then and I still enjoy it from time to time, but let's not pretend she was ahead of her time here:biblionny: That sound was overdone and dead on arrival when it came out and it still sounds very dated and of its time (and not in the 'it's cool, let's revive it' way)

Title track, Let It Go, Oh La La, Beating Still, Elephant, Fire all still bop tho :flame:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/tvshowbiz/video-1586088/Elephant-Room-Alexandra-Burke-brings-saying-UK.html

'We all need to have a good laugh': Alexandra Burke finally addresses THAT 'elephant in the room' comment nine years later 

Archive footage of Alexandra Burke emerged where she said she is the firs to use the saying 'elephant in the room'm' to the UK while promoting her album.

I guess with the Elephant phrase, yes but the EDM sound was popular at the time.

It came out a year too late tbh.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.