Drag Race Down Under | Season Four announced! | Michelle Visage takes over as host!

publikcitizen

Also I forgot to mention for the longest time Australian drag artists predominately worked in ''troupes' or little groups that would go around and do shows together. Its only been in the last 5-10 years we've seen the rise of more solo performances/queens. I think thats also a factor into why the queens feel different to other franchises too.

Edited by CroNich

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• publikcitizen

• genetic fail

• KFC

• mokitsu

Ivory this entire episode was such a ride :rip: 

She had no business being in the bottom though & her rant in untucked was justified. I think she’s getting the Pearl treatment from Ru & it’s bewildering. 

I have no idea why Isis chose such a clowney makeup look, but the win was deserved. 

Hollywould’s lewk was not serving what they were trying to convince us it was. 

• Like 1

ivory is a breath of fresh air and is what drdu has been lacking. sucks that she'll probably go soon, unless she's getting a weird underdog edit and somehow makes it far. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FOCK said:

She had no business being in the bottom though & her rant in untucked was justified. I think she’s getting the Pearl treatment from Ru & it’s bewildering. 

I have no idea why Isis chose such a clowney makeup look, but the win was deserved. 

Hollywould’s lewk was not serving what they were trying to convince us it was. 

All of this :clap3:

I'm sorry but Ivory was right, Hollywould's look wasn't good enough to justify a top placement (kii at "glorified apron", she gagged her) and she was helped sewing it too, like... Ivory's look wasn't nice, but at least she made it on her own and you can see the vision even if it's not executed perfectly.

Isis was the clear winner and she deserved it, but the make up had to be completely different for this runway.

GAG at the ending, it was so unexpected :dies:

• Like 2

Good for Isis, she did that :clap3:

Ivory being that unwell that they moved her lipsync to next week :rip:

• ATRL Moderator

:ahh:

this is a train wreck in all the right ways 

• Haha 1

• ATRL Moderator

IMO, bumpa should have been bottom with Ashley 

Ivory is kind of an icon for that move :clap3:

Turing’s impact :ahh:

Yeah Hollywould being high is giving Jorgeous teas. The other white twink with the pointy nose but not the weird one should’ve been high instead.

15 hours ago, FOCK said:

She had no business being in the bottom though & her rant in untucked was justified.  

Absolutely not. She deserved bottom for sure, her deflated, lopsided, disinflated and a half titties looked terrible, Lala Ri levels of quality control and polish.

DUMPsta Love's dressed looked very messy too, weird how they didn't read her for the very saggy, loose, poor fitting midsection.  Hollywould's apron was definitely overglorified and should've been in the bottom for having Isis make it :sorry:

Reddit says a lot of the top tier drag girls are not interested in appearing on this cheap show, especially since it has blundered some careers of big names like Art and Karen. This would explain why there are so many inexperienced baby queens this season. 

And sorry, either they switch production teams and studios for S4 or this trainwreck needs to be put out of its misery. The girls deserve better.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, GotMyBlueprint said:

Absolutely not. She deserved bottom for sure, her deflated, lopsided, disinflated and a half titties looked terrible, Lala Ri levels of quality control and polish.

This. It was terrible. I like Ivory and I wanted her to do well but her outfit wasn’t good. The kii of it all being that they get to wear different outfits to lip sync in. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Morissette said:

Reddit says a lot of the top tier drag girls are not interested in appearing on this cheap show, especially since it has blundered some careers of big names like Art and Karen. This would explain why there are so many inexperienced baby queens this season. 

And sorry, either they switch production teams and studios for S4 or this trainwreck needs to be put out of its misery. The girls deserve better.

They probably just don’t want to be exposed as racists too :coffee:

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Gwegend said:

They probably just don’t want to be exposed as racists too :coffee:

Ooop.

This season seems much more promising than the previous one, but you can tell the cast is full of unexperienced queens.

• Like 1

Ivanna should’ve absolutely been in the bottom with Ivory, she kinda looked the worst out of everyone. 

14 hours ago, Morissette said:

That makes sense honestly. But I'm glad they were still able to get some experienced ones like Isis, Flor, and Bumpa. 

And I've heard a lot of substantiated rumors that there was a three years contract with the NZ production (WBNZ) hence why they still filmed in Auckland for S2 and 3, even after Covid protocol lifted in Australia. Some believe that DU will either move over to Paramount + or stay as a Stan/TVNZ show but filming moves to Sydney. Either way, S4 will be a soft revamp of the show including a bigger studio. 

Thank god the queens are pouring some life into this messy spinoff

I need Flor, Hollywould and Ivory to make it to top5 at least :jonny:

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Was Art’s legacy really hurt by competing on this show? 

This episode was insane :rip: 

Something about it felt like a DR parody, but somehow it was very camp and entertaining in the end :rip: 

The whole runway was awful, but Isis was definitely the correct winner. She was kinda the only one who actually sewed a solid garment.

I actually love Ivory :rip: She's serving main character and honestly didn't deserve btm2 this week. Hope she stays in the lipsync, cause she's endearing, has a lot of room to grow, and at least has good taste level/polished make-up. As long as they don't just toss her next week, I do think she could serve an underdog edit and go far. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, madonnas said:

Was Art’s legacy really hurt by competing on this show? 

no. I think people get the idea that art was this queen with a legacy going onto the show with how she carries herself and because she was in that other wow show before s1. in reality she was only like 26 in season 1 and probably only recognised in her local scene, with not much to lose. I and other people I know from here hadn't even heard of her until the cast was announced

• Like 1

Ivory not deserving bottom 2…? Her look was disgusting 

glad she’s serving drama tho. I screamed when she randomly called out the big nosed one for having no taste. All for that girl to have an infinitely better dress than her :ahh: 

Edited by Rigalo
  • Haha 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.