Drag Race Down Under | Season Four announced! | Michelle Visage takes over as host!

publikcitizen

So happy for Spankie and it's so refreshing to see a queen like her win a season in 2022. She's really the kind of queen we all grow up with in our local gay bars and definitely not the kind you see on a show like this. 

I am so positively surprised at how enjoyable this season was. Nothing unique or mindblowing, but a very nice watch from start to finish. They did a great job this time, it's such a Rudemption from the mess that was DU1. Hopefully Italy does the same.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• publikcitizen

• genetic fail

• KFC

• mokitsu

The UK refuses to air the last two episodes but I got the winner spoiled for me today so I guess it doesn't matter lol. Congrats to Hannah! Truly a deserving winner, did well in all aspects of the competition including the runway and didn't even need to make age part of her storyline. Long live Miss Conda!

1 hour ago, HotFriedChicken said:

The UK refuses to air the last two episodes but I got the winner spoiled for me today so I guess it doesn't matter lol. Congrats to Hannah! Truly a deserving winner, did well in all aspects of the competition including the runway and didn't even need to make age part of her storyline. Long live Miss Conda!

ummm

New Zealand Queens winning season 1 AND 2 :clap3: 

20 hours ago, HotFriedChicken said:

… you’re kidding right?

**** YEAH! :clap3: So happy that Spankie won 

• ATRL Moderator

Spankie :clap3:  Well deserved!  I’m so happy Hannah did not win, I was afraid with how much they were forcing her down our throats in the beginning that it was going to be rigged for her. 

• ATRL Moderator

really satisfying winner <3 Pretty cute season in general. Only dislikes were Kween/ Beverly taking so much screen time 

Never ever I thought Spankie would win from getting to know the queens and the horrible outfit she made in the first episode, but each week I was pleasantly more surprised and enjoyed seeing her. The travel commercial made me cry from laughing. And she improved her makeup and did great in the makeover challenge. And the most likable character too. Refreshing to see a winner like her :clap3:

Also was pleasantly surprised with Molly from the first episode. She is really polished and charming and not a typical fashion queen.

This season felt a lot more genuine than season 1

And also..so was Ru really in the werkroom and NZ(?) or was she photoshopped in?

On 9/17/2022 at 8:32 AM, Melquiades said:

How else do you think the booking fees are calculated? 

Are you a drag queen who gets booked based on follower count or are you just speaking our your bum?

On 9/21/2022 at 4:30 PM, genetic fail said:

Did she lie?! :clap3:

TEA :clap3:

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, genetic fail said:

Renewed for season 3! :clap3:

Yes! So glad this got another season. Season 2 redeemed the Du franchise. Now let's hope for a bigger budget. I don't think the studio size will change if they will continue to film in NZ, but they can make the show look more expensive with better production qualities and guest judges now that the COVID bubble for NZ is over. 

23 minutes ago, publikcitizen said:

Yes! So glad this got another season. Season 2 redeemed the Du franchise. Now let's hope for a bigger budget. I don't think the studio size will change if they will continue to film in NZ, but they can make the show look more expensive with better production qualities and guest judges now that the COVID bubble for NZ is over. 

They need to move it over to Australia; bigger studios, more competitive (better value for money), access to more celebrities/stars and they can actually make the werk room and runway look on par to the other franchises (even Canada's makes the DU set look like it was all bought from the $2 shop).

• 1 month later...

Just marathon'd seasons 1 and 2 these past 2 days... Spankie was my fave since episode 1, what a satisfying end :alexz:

Poor Anita deserved better in season 1, especially since she didn't slay CvTW :sad:

Don't understand why people hated season 1, Shartlet was a nuisance, but I'm just happy she didn't win... Kita Mean is sort of endearing? idk, Anita >>> tbh

On 12/5/2022 at 12:34 AM, GotMyBlueprint said:

Don't understand why people hated season 1, Shartlet was a nuisance, but I'm just happy she didn't win... Kita Mean is sort of endearing? idk, Anita >>> tbh

because everyone was exposed as a racist except Kita 

5 minutes ago, Dula Peep said:

because everyone was exposed as a racist except Kita 

except Anita too, I hope :biblio:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.