Is a Dance/Disco revival among us?

TROPICUM

The first few years of each decade tend to point the musical trend that will dominate. Now, major artists are releasing more and more Dance and Disco music; Madonna (2019), Kylie Minogue (2020), Doja Cat (2020), Dua Lipa (2020/2021), Bad Bunny (2021/2022), Drake (2022) & possibly Beyoncé.

Will the 2020's be the decade of modern Disco/Dance?

Edited by TROPICUM

7 minutes ago, TROPICUM said:

The first few years of each decade tend to point the musical trend that will dominate. Now, major artists are releasing more and more Dance and Disco music; Doja Cat (2020) Dua Lipa (2020/2021), Bad Bunny (2021/2022), Drake (2022) & possibly Beyoncé.

Will the 2020's be the decade of modern Disco/Dance?

You forgot Madonna with Madame X (2019) and Kylie with Disco (2020)

Bad Bunny did disco? :dies:

2 minutes ago, Sergi91 said:

You forgot Madonna with Madame X (2019) and Kylie with Disco (2020)

Bad Bunny did disco? :dies:

Right

Meh, more like Dance/Reggae but definitely influenced a lot more by Dance.

Edited by TROPICUM

Thinking Of You

Dance and Reggage. Ballad and adult contemporary artists like Whitney, Celine, Toni will be just as big. 

I’d say it’s been disco for a while now so yeah it’s already a trend

I love the disco pop revival! Hoping for Carly Rae next!

i feel like i see a new thread asking the same every year lol

it never left. There is always some artist doing music influenced by disco or funky. It's just a timeless genre everyone enjoys.

Titi Me Preguntó is so out of place there... could've used El Apagón or even Neverita instead I think

Anyway no this "dance/disco revival" has been a thing for at least 3 years now  :giraffe:

It’s been revived since Dua Future Nostalgia blew up 

it has not just started :deadbanana4:
some of the examples... lol 2 of those are not like the others.

Titi Me Preguntó is not really dance but dembow. El Apagon would fit more there.

more latinx artists are releasing dance music tho straight out of the 10s

It's been revived since Don't Start Now became a massive success 

New Shakira song that is currently smashing is my fave one so far alongside Lizzo's About Damn Time 

Yes. Economical downturns bring about dance eras. Look at 2008 and the iconic dance pop era that followed thereafter.  Bookmark this. 

you’re welcome.

britney-thumbs-up.gif

time traveler and person that just gets it-  manwhore 

1 hour ago, manwhore said:

Yes. Economical downturns bring about dance eras. Look at 2008 and the iconic dance pop era that followed thereafter.  Bookmark this. 

you’re welcome.

britney-thumbs-up.gif

time traveler and person that just gets it-  manwhore 

This is so true. In the 1982 recession we got MJ and Madonna to make disco pop anthems that define the rest of the 80’s. in the 1991 Recession we got a new Genre of New Jack Swing taking the country by storm, Y2K’s 8 month recession saw the revival of Nu-Disco in the states, and of course 2008 when Gaga define the late 2000’s and early 2010’s! 

Disco has been in for a while, but I hope house and funk can come back as well :clap3:

49 minutes ago, Gorjesspazze9 said:

This is so true. In the 1982 recession we got MJ and Madonna to make disco pop anthems that define the rest of the 80’s. in the 1991 Recession we got a new Genre of New Jack Swing taking the country by storm, Y2K’s 8 month recession saw the revival of Nu-Disco in the states, and of course 2008 when Gaga define the late 2000’s and early 2010’s! 

They will come back to my revelation.  

Hopefully Bey will bring house into the mix cause I'm tired of the disco :coffee2:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.