Bigger icon: Grace or Cher?

Julia Fox

Who?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

• Grace Jones
    • Cher

GraceCher-740x405.jpg

musicians, actresses, both over 70, both with hits -a lot of them forgotten- fashion icons, iconic, unapologetic, with a strong attitude that no one else had, impacting a lot of pop stars that we stan today and also very underrated… who is the bigger icon of both?

Cher

Grace is an icon in the avant-garde/fashion world, and is definitely remembered as an icon of her time, but Cher is obviously a bigger icon and a more overall icon to the GP.

Not knowing who Grace Jones is - especially as a gay man - is NOT something to be proud of.

That being said, Cher. 

Edited by 45seconds

My thought when entering this thread: "Grace? Grace Kelly? .... oh"

Cher

3 hours ago, Nano said:

No shade, but I don't know who Grace is.

This is just embarrassing.

3 hours ago, 45seconds said:

Not knowing who Grace Jones is - especially as a gay man - is NOT something to be proud of.

Quit the dramatics. There was no pride involved in my post and gay men are not a hive mind.

6 minutes ago, Nano said:

Quit the dramatics. There was no pride involved in my post and gay men are not a hive mind.

I didn’t even quote you, but if those clown shoes fit…

Cher is known to the GP so objectively it's her. Grace is much more well-known among the gay and avant-garde community tho. This is like comparing Carly Rae Jepsen with someone like Arca

Spoiler

But I like Grace more so I voted her

Edited by Pop Life

• 2 weeks later...

Cher is more known and has bigger hits, but Grace was more fierce and groundbreaking. 

She deserves the credit for the things that some other artists got unfairly (like being sexual, performer etc. etc.), she did it BETTER AND BEFORE OTHERS.

37 minutes ago, momal said:

Cher is more known and has bigger hits, but Grace was more fierce and groundbreaking.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.