• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• manwhore

• I Am Music

• SimpleKindofLife

• Breathe On Moi

I liked it, nice background music but not ahead for sure, very DJ koze, Elderbrook.

"Ahead of its time" being one of the MANY things Xtina is responsible for setting as a trend. :clap3:

I like the album a lot :jamming:

33 minutes ago, SimpleKindofLife said:

He’s released a project every year since 2015 I think everyone is just burnt out. He needs to take a 5 year break at minimum.

He took a 3 years break from 2018 and released on 2021. I think he’s more than welcome to keep releasing as quickly as he wants. The albums amazing.

59 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

I'm just glad black people are getting house music heard by mainstream again. It is a black created music genre after all 

All facts.

18 minutes ago, SoExcited19 said:

He took a 3 years break from 2018 and released on 2021. I think he’s more than welcome to keep releasing as quickly as he wants. The albums amazing.

What is your definition of a break...? He released like 20  40 tracks in that time period before CLB

Edited by dreamsclique

1 hour ago, Afterglow said:

I'm just glad black people are getting house music heard by mainstream again. It is a black created music genre after all 

:pancake:

Good for Drake serving something new for his catalog

23 minutes ago, SoExcited19 said:

I mean between those albums  he released several mixtapes, EPs and compilations. And bear in mind that his mixtape releases are practically the same as album releases as he treats them in the same way (i.e. a big theatrical release and on streaming platforms/to purchase - see

"Dark Lane Demo Tapes", "Care Package", "Scary Hours"), not just released for free like normal mixtapes.

Edited by Daydream

Thinking Of You

House music will be the sound of this decade so yes, he’s right in terms of the sound being ahead of the trend or time because it isn’t mainstream just yet. But the album is just not good  

27 minutes ago, SoExcited19 said:

No it’s not

xtina's impact knows no bound

2 hours ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

He shouldve worked longer on the project instead of rush releasing it just to be "the first black artist to dip into house". Its transparent as **** and it shows in the quality.

Aubrey, that album was a fail because of ur immaturity.

Exactly this, even though Lisa Shaw did it way before him with her album Free in 2009 and is also from Canada. Drake is the first black mainstream artist to give it a wider platform. He definitely rushed this as an ego boost. 

I liked it. It's better then rap trash  and that's what rap daba are nervous about.  A good evolution if  rap  goes this route. 

2 hours ago, *-ChriZ-* said:

He shouldve worked longer on the project instead of rush releasing it just to be "the first black artist to dip into house". Its transparent as **** and it shows in the quality.

Aubrey, that album was a fail because of ur immaturity.

How is he the first black artist to dip into house when house was created by black people? He’s simply reclaiming black music. 

Him and The Weeknd taking the biggest Ls 

they knew the music wouldn’t do well :deadbanana4:

it’s not like this is new for him - passion fruit, take care, hotline bling are some of his biggest singles :rip: please hunny - it’s just lazy noise. His rap got repetitive and now his singing is as well. It’s not bad it’s just lazy. 

2 hours ago, Afterglow said:

Aren’t most genres black influenced :rip:

Lol at that dry boring sleepy pop-rap being referred to as "house". Learn what house music is please. 

9 minutes ago, infrared said:

Aren’t most genres black influenced :rip:

Yea but they’ve been co-opted and been redefined as a white genre. Rock is a great example of this. 

2 hours ago, uusagii said:

He is not the cultural auteur he thinks he is

He kind of is tho

ot: y’all dragged more life when it was released :dies: drake usually wins in the end 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.