Beyoncé - 'RENAISSANCE'

Devin

5 minutes ago, ToraeGilt said:

Why are y’all talking about cuff it when AS is clearly the streaming giant? Its the only song that got a streaming increase from the album. Send AS to pop radio asap! Cuff it can be the third lead single. 

I’ve been trying to tell them.

Oprah Winfrey Concert GIF by CBS

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Shelter

• Haus

1 minute ago, sillycilla said:

I’ve been trying to tell them.

Oprah Winfrey Concert GIF by CBS

Except a lot of radio stations are playing Cuff It already. Maybe Alien can be the international single

Another thing that I adore about Beyoncé is that she's so BLACK. Like I was watching a reaction video on YouTube and it basically made a lot of points. Have we ever had a musician, maybe even a major celebrity, known for her beauty, talent, grace, etc, be so outwardly proud of her blackness through her work and references?

A lot of others had to play "the game", and she definitely used to in a certain extent in the beginning of her career, but she's always been pro-black tbh. She's just been a lot more vocal about it in the last decade–not in a disrespectful, gatekeeping way, but a proud way. Could you name anyone else? I find it so fascinating from a sociologic standpoint.

The way I was underwhelmed on first listen and CANNOT STOP STREAMING THIS WHOLE ALBUM NOW :deadbanana2:

This is weirdly creeping up to become my fave Bey album.

:jonny6:

27 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

Except a lot of radio stations are playing Cuff It already. Maybe Alien can be the international single

Radio always latches onto the safest sound. Not saying cuff it isn’t a bop but like everyone has said it has potential to slay at anytime. Let AS have its moment since it’s clearly the more in demand song by the public currently.What I love about this era in music is that radio has been been playing catch up with the GP for the most part. 

Edited by sillycilla

I'm sorry, but Energy without whatever the hell the Kelis sample was does not have the same...energy. Shoulda renamed it EMPTY while she was at it.

azealia-banks-fendidoja.gif

Guess I will be busting out the CD player when it comes so I can listen to it on there.

50 minutes ago, Nashe said:

Yeah, the visuals are definitely act II and then act III is unclear.

People think there are still country & rock albums coming as act II & III, but that couldn't sound more delusional at this point... :lmao:

Eww I hope not. I hate Rock Beyonce. She already did country and rock on Lemonade. I feel like if there is a trilogy it should be an all dance trilogy . It makes it more legendary.She doesn’t have enough dance in her discography and this album really adds to it and I wouldn’t mind 2 more as long as they add to this genre. This is her dance era like her last era was her Afrobeat era

Edited by Nippy'sReceipts

27 minutes ago, ♛| Rex_Sove said:

Another thing that I adore about Beyoncé is that she's so BLACK. Like I was watching a reaction video on YouTube and it basically made a lot of points. Have we ever had a musician, maybe even a major celebrity, known for her beauty, talent, grace, etc, be so outwardly proud of her blackness through her work and references?

A lot of others had to play "the game", and she definitely used to in a certain extent in the beginning of her career, but she's always been pro-black tbh. She's just been a lot more vocal about it in the last decade–not in a disrespectful, gatekeeping way, but a proud way. Could you name anyone else? I find it so fascinating from a sociologic standpoint.

Nope, but the girls like to just bop and Bey is smart about making sure to not be so on the nose with it. Its subtle and tasteful 99% of the time. I was most shocked she was so bold with the title Black is King. Chuch Girl has references to Tip Drill and Black & Yellow with touches of Back That Ass Up.

:jonnycat:

1 minute ago, Starshine said:

Heated going off when it was one of my least fav tracks. Everybody say thank you Miss Aubrey :jonnycat:

Today heated has been stuck in my head and it is Def bottom tier for me too on Rennie

37 minutes ago, ♛| Rex_Sove said:

That's what I love about this album. It's so unapologetically black AND gay.

And what I love even more is that it's been such a huge success so far. So many girls have tried to go down the route of making very gay albums/songs but ended up failing to connect with the GP with it. The fact that Beyonce seems to have captured the GP with an album that is so black/gay is so impressive and proves that when the material is good, the material is just good and anyone will love it.

Like the fact that Alien Superstar is doing so well is still so :deadbanana2: to me. 

24 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

Nope, but the girls like to just bop and Bey is smart about making sure to not be so on the nose with it. Its subtle and tasteful 99% of the time. I was most shocked she was so bold with the title Black is King. Chuch Girl has references to Tip Drill and Black & Yellow with touches of Back That Ass Up.

24 minutes ago, satellites.™ said:

Yeah. I honestly couldn’t think of anyone. And yes! You honestly can trace it back to DIL, maybe even DC. A lot of this album reminds me of how she interprets old classics into her live songs on stage.

I think near the end of her career, her celebrating blackness while still also being appreciated for work is really what’s going to be remembered about her in the future sans all the irrelevant chart stats, etc at the end of the day. She stood for something regardless of how it would be received by the GP. Its a true radical choice. Its such a pleasure to be around to witness this unfold. I’m so proud of her, honestly. This is really what solidifies a legend. Someone worth talking about being music. A lot of these kids have know idea about that though.

Edited by ♛| Rex_Sove

Pure/Honey slowly sneaking its way into the top 2 for me:jonnycat:

3 minutes ago, _Fey said:

That's what I love about this album. It's so unapologetically black AND gay.

And what I love even more is that it's been such a huge success so far. So many girls have tried to go down the route of making very gay albums/songs but ended up failing to connect with the GP with it. The fact that Beyonce seems to have captured the GP with an album that is so black/gay is so impressive and proves that when the material is good, the material is just good and anyone will love it.

Like the fact that Alien Superstar is doing so well is still so :deadbanana2: to me. 

Yesss!!! The duality of it is so rich and complex but fun at the same time. This album to me feels like it’s such a document of today while still referencing the past. 

I forced one of my French friends to watch Paris is Burning so he could learn about the history of the ballroom scene. I think everyone should watch obviously, it’s such a relic. One of the best documentaries ever made.

I think the AS/Cuff It argument is similar to Sorry/Hold Up...Sorry was right behind Formation with catching on & being hyped with the #11 debut then it ended up stalling. Now Hive likes to suddenly pretend like "Hold Up" should've been the next girl like nobody remembers the response Sorry got which is why they went with that song in the first place.

AS is getting attention for now....you think its really going to carry itself all the way to the top like BMS did? Which platforms are going to give it all the airplay it needs? Beyonce is not going to give it a RTW push...might as well let the easy song carry its way up to the top.

24 minutes ago, giRLbye. said:

I think the AS/Cuff It argument is similar to Sorry/Hold Up...Sorry was right behind Formation with catching on & being hyped with the #11 debut then it ended up stalling. Now Hive likes to suddenly pretend like "Hold Up" should've been the next girl like nobody remembers the response Sorry got which is why they went with that song in the first place.

AS is getting attention for now....you think its really going to carry itself all the way to the top like BMS did? Which platforms are going to give it all the airplay it needs? Beyonce is not going to give it a RTW push...might as well let the easy song carry its way up to the top.

I think the difference here is that AS has an anthemic quality that greatly transcends what Sorry was able to do musically. And is so different for Beyoncé while Sorry was more expected. I think those two factors if paired with a well timed mv release makes the song a greater second single contender.

Just purchased a Rolling Tray and ACT 1 Photo T-Shirt!

This chick just got another $100 out of me! 

This era his too iconic to not have many mementos!

dU5ycsd.gif

Edited by QueenBLadyG

24 minutes ago, Massive_Teardrop said:

I think the difference here is that AS has an anthemic quality that greatly transcends what Sorry was able to do musically. And is so different for Beyoncé while Sorry was more expected. I think those two factors if paired with a well timed mv release makes the song a greater second single contender.

Sorry wouldve continued to slay if Beyoncé didn’t kill it on streaming. It did well on radio but they couldn’t justify playing it any longer when the streaming numbers were nonexistent. And I feel like Spotify was more Urban oriented back so that wouldve been a bonus

53 minutes ago, giRLbye. said:

I’ve always said hold up should have been the second single. It’s my favorite song off Lemonade. What I remember was that sorry was going to be the urban/US single and they were going to push hold up internationally, which never happened. The problem was they didn’t do any promo after the release of the visual. Also sorry was no where near as viral or talked about as alien superstar.

Energy sounds the exact same to me. The LALALA still plays at the end of the song for me. Anyone have a comparison?

This has changed like four times since Friday, but as of today:

1. Alien Superstar
  2. Thique
  3. Virgo’s Groove
  4. America Has a Problem
  5. Pure/Honey
  6. Summer Renaissance
  7. Cozy
  8. I’m That Girl
  9. Heated
  10. Move
  11. Cuff It
  12. Break My Soul
  13. All Up In Your Mind
  14. Plastic Off the Sofa
  15. Energy
  16. Church Girl

14 minutes ago, chris1991 said:

Energy sounds the exact same to me. The LALALA still plays at the end of the song for me. Anyone have a comparison?

16 minutes ago, yonsé said:

I will ******* RIOT. Kelis will pay for this 

azealia-banks-fendidoja.gif

Edited by popularmoonlight