• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Shelter

• Haus

12 minutes ago, Doogle said:

The GP being able to speak loud and clear is something that really does work in the streaming era. It’s so transparent what is taking off and with TikTok as well it shows another audience.

I was just thinking about it. Thanks for the streaming era because Beyoncé would have really pushed Church Girl as the 2nd single. 

10 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

CUFF IT 

is taking off already on URBAN, RHY and POP opposed to ALIEN

it is it.

Is that confirmed? If so, good. 

I feel like it's the best option, Alien Superstar is such a favorite, it can still do its thing in the background while Cuff It takes off therefore giving more consistency to the album. 

27 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

I bet they mad that Church Girl made less noise considering it was put on so many playlists :lmao:

I bet!!! It was number on most playlists!! Like what for? It's a great song but it's has urban radio hit written all over it. They could release it later but not before CI, AS or even Heated. It's Get Me Bodied on steroids but we need Irreplaceable and hopefully Upgrade U this time before. 

It's funny how before the album was out, we had the label telling us that AS is the smash of the album but then all the playlists outside of the US had Church Girl as number one. :rip:

am i the only one hearing the dark undertones on thique

I think this album is too experimental to have any perfect single choices. I think Alien Superstar is such a good song it's gonna be beloved regardless of how it does but maybe if she's sending to radio Cuff It would make a better second single. 

33 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

Now do we agree that she should take a risk and release alien superstar as a single… 

I’m starting to think this would be a great choice for later though it’s a shame we don’t get traditional eras now. 

It makes sense for Bey to send safe choices when she’s winning back radio and casual listeners after a long time of doing what she wants but it would be excellent to see her fully stand behind a more experimental song like this when people are back on side. We know she will release something unusual and potentially noisy (RTW lol) but it’s such a different time now and it would be nice to have the GP on side and her trying something a bit out of left field. But it’s not worth it until Smash It her run is done. 

13 minutes ago, swissman said:

Cuff it is great but if we are making any of the disco-tracks a single it should be Virgo's Groove.

Nope. This would not be a smash :sorry:

2 hours ago, QueenBeyoncé said:

Only the radio can play me 

Preach Hands Up GIF by Apple Music

I giggle every time it gets to that part.

200.gif

29 minutes ago, simon said:

People are sleeping on I’m That Girl - it’s going the most viral on TikTok (alongside Alien Superstar) and most people are using the sample intro. 

People really love it

Thinking back to when I heard that track for the first time. Wig levitating (Dua Lipa style) one track in. :jonnycat:

These muthf*aks ain't stoppin me

e2d63f3d0174ecc27910b4702ec29ea33d40f3b9

Edited by est. in 90s

2 hours ago, Starshine said:

America Has A Problem getting paid dust thus far doesn't sit right with me. America really does have a problem.:biblionny:

It will be a US hit soon enough 

11 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Nope. This would not be a smash :sorry:

i don't care about smashes!

the last part of the song alone deserves singles treatment and the public will just have to catch up to it.

Edited by swissman

Bey: I finally made some more twerk songs since y’all hate when I experiment 

GP: “CATEGORY: BAD ***** IM THE BAR!” 

Also for some reason I really like the clean version of Alien Superstar. Them bleeping out label w**** sounds really good. 

2 minutes ago, Rotunda said:

Bey: I finally made some more twerk songs since y’all hate when I experiment 

GP: “CATEGORY: BAD ***** IM THE BAR!” 

Everyone’s going through a lot right now 

The funniest thing about the streaming era is random songs getting to the Top 10 just based on the tracklist order. I’m That Girl deserves though.

will the next act get its own thread?

yes im thinking again 

1 hour ago, Starshine said:

It's the absolute safest song on the album while getting her core listeners comfortable with the sound.

Yeah this album is…very gay. Cuff It would have been the safe lead, but I think people would have been jarred when listening to the album for the first time. This was good preparation. 

My box arrives tomorrow. The vinyl shipped a couple of days after it, but it’s coming from the same location, so hopefully I get surprised with that tomorrow as well.

7 minutes ago, Pheromosa said:

will the next act get its own thread?

yes im thinking again 

Why not? It will be a new album...