Beyoncé - 'RENAISSANCE'

Devin

6 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

I agree, Cuff It is the obvious single but I want her to take a risk and go with Alien Superstar! It stands out and it’s different from anything else on the radio right now. 

Like, come on Bey… do it for the gays! 

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

Do it!! I also believe radio is a little more unpredictable these days thanks to tik tok. Bad Habit is killing it right now and I think for Beyoncé’s single catalog, Alien Superstar would be a great choice.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Shelter

• Haus

thankfully she won't get aoty for this since adele is getting it

it would be kii if she would get aoty for this album but not for selftitled or lemonade

QueenofCopyPaste

CUFF IT >>> ALIEN SUPERSTAR

Don't know if this was brought up already, but since we're getting three acts, could it possible that we're going to have a "Winter Renaissance" and a "Spring Renaissance" too. It would be a nice thing to have, even though it would make me mad for not having a 4th season, unless an act has two of these.

39 minutes ago, G'Day said:

Let’s see the battle between Alien Superstar and Cuff It for second single: 

US AM: 

#3: Alien Superstar

#4: Cuff It

Global AM:

#3: Cuff It

#6: Alien Superstar

Global Spotify:
#12: Alien Superstar

#13: Cuff It

US Spotify:

#4: Alien Superstar

#6: Cuff It

Thoughts, ladies?

Wasn't Cuff It in more playlists? 

Alien Superstar is doing better but I'm not sure it's better single material. It would be the most daring choice however.  

Whatever they chose is fine by me but it has to be one of those two songs not Church Girl. 

Edited by BnPac

23 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

My ranking:

1) Renaissance

2) Self Titled

3) 4

4) Everything Is Love

5) I Am Sasha Fierce

6) Lemonade

7) Dangerously In Love

8) Bday

9) The Gift

I would have Lemonade higher in mine, maybe Bday, too, EIL lower, but this is pretty spot on

1 minute ago, BnPac said:

Wasn't Cuff It in more playlists? 

Alien Superstar is doing better but I'm not sure it's better single material. It would be the most daring choice as well. 

Whatever they chose is fine by me but it has to be one of those two songs not Church Girl. 

I bet they mad that Church Girl made less noise considering it was put on so many playlists :lmao:

3 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

I would have Lemonade higher in mine, maybe Bday, too, EIL lower, but this is pretty spot on

Now do we agree that she should take a risk and release alien superstar as a single… 

Alien Superstar & Cuff It should have been the global pushes. They have Week 2 to fix that lol

12 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

I bet they mad that Church Girl made less noise considering it was put on so many playlists :lmao:

The GP being able to speak loud and clear is something that really does work in the streaming era. It’s so transparent what is taking off and with TikTok as well it shows another audience. Church Girl might blow up there but if the streams don’t translate she could have a cute viral hit while radio and the GP warms to Cuff It

I want Cuff It as a summer hit but I’m happy for Alien Superstar to Dark Horse everyone

1 hour ago, TouchinFree said:

I just don't understand why she released break my soul as lead? It literally sounds the only filler song on the album :michael:

I get that it sounds more radio friendly than the rest of the album. But i honestly feel like she there's so many heavy hitting greatness on the album that could've made a major switch in the pop scene if given the chance. 

I think it's a great lead for the album. It makes sense to use it as a lead because its kind of different from rest while also synthesizing the sound/message of the album: the references, the message (in a more palatably empowering way), the production style. I agree some other songs like ALIEN SUPERSTAR could have been a great lead single that might've felt a bit more groundbreaking than BREAK MY SOUL which is a bit more retro but because of this reason BMS probably wouldn't make a good second or third single and gets the job done to get people interested in the album, while allowing the more innovative tracks to stand out and have their moment, carrying the era even farther.

move has really been hitting lately :jonny: also cuff it is a TikTok smash waiting to happen

QueenofCopyPaste

CUFF IT 

is taking off already on URBAN, RHY and POP opposed to ALIEN

it is it.

QueenofCopyPaste

ALIEN alone would not sell this record

CUFF IT 's multi demographical appeal >>>

Summer Renaissance has the most beautiful opening line of any song on this album. 

That’s that on that. :coffee2:

44 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

My ranking:

1) Renaissance

2) Self Titled

3) 4

4) Everything Is Love

5) I Am Sasha Fierce

6) Lemonade

7) Dangerously In Love

8) Bday

9) The Gift

I'm not trying to nitpick your choices because to each their own, but I am curious if by B'Day being that low you are ranking it as the Deluxe verison (ie. the version with Beautiful Liar etc. on it) because the standard version imo is a masterpiece and Top 3 for sure.

4 minutes ago, QueenofCopyPaste said:

CUFF IT 

is taking off already on URBAN, RHY and POP opposed to ALIEN

it is it.

1000% Cuff It is the radio smasha perfect second single. 

1 hour ago, Click Clack said:

sister! i think… i agree :deadbanana: 

give me about a month to sit with it 

ezgif-1-3bc187bad9.gif

my mind is MADE henny I have never played a single song from ST the way I've been playing Alien and Cuff it

Click Clack

Cuff it is great but if we are making any of the disco-tracks a single it should be Virgo's Groove.

Why?

Because it:

• can have a radio edit version and the original (for max streaming points)
  • DESERVES to have an acapella-only version!
  • Is VOCALYONCÉ on full display

BUT I get that Cuff It is doing well already so sure... and I do love that it has the outro rap...which I ADORE she has done SO MUCH of on this album. I think it's really what makes this album her own...is the amount of little throwback raps and stuff she sprinkles into it to really give it that CLUB feeling.

WHAT A RECORD!!!!!

Edited by swissman

22 minutes ago, 19SLAYty9 said:

Now do we agree that she should take a risk and release alien superstar as a single… 

******* absolutely :jonny:

Lets be real though, she wont send anything else to radio :rip:

People are sleeping on I’m That Girl - it’s going the most viral on TikTok (alongside Alien Superstar) and most people are using the sample intro. 

People really love it

2 minutes ago, Lose My Breath said:

Lets be real though, she wont send anything else to radio :rip:

I think she will because who would have thought she would send Break My Soul. Radio is loving her this era and she needs to continue the momentum.

plus it’s promo without her having to lift a finger

1 hour ago, Starshine said:

America Has A Problem getting paid dust thus far doesn't sit right with me. America really does have a problem.:biblionny:

1 hour ago, bync said:

AHAP is niche! Not all the girls get it

I think it’s title does it a disservice. People expected a zig but she went zag. Still one of my favs though. It’s interesting to see which songs SR leapfrogs over on the daily charts.