• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Shelter

• Haus

11 minutes ago, Haus said:

I'm sure your ears are fine, I'm just saying I interpret the punch differently. Plastic to Summer is like, two to three different sections of the album to me and all of them hit differently. Wouldn't really do any ranking but there seems to be a consensus around Alien Superstar.

Like I said two pages ago, you could essentially claim any track on here is the best one and have a valid argument.

I agree with you. :kiss:

47 minutes ago, _Fey said:

Gonna ramble about this album a bit.

I can't help but think of Confessions on a Dance Floor (probably my favourite album of all time) when I think of Renaissance. Both albums I feel are a love letter to 70s/80s music, and they both did it in a way that suits their styles most. Madonna is obviously better suited to more typical pop music, and so delivered her love letter to disco with a very strong pop influence, whereas Beyonce dug much deeper into the roots and delivered hers with a much more afrobeats/soul/funk influence. This is also probably the first album I've heard since Confessions that not only feels like it's very much for gays, but feels so.... respectful and grateful to gays? Like she didn't just sing to some gay electronic dance beats and call it a day, it's an album that is totally aware of its roots and fully appreciative of them and yet is fully intent on being contemporary and forward-thinking, and I FELT that just by listening to it.

I just wish Beyonce and/or her team cared more, because this album with some killer visuals and a properly planned era could truly be a massive moment. :monkey:

the visuals are coming. she just wanted people to appreciate the music alone at first

*in Bey's head voice*
Oh baby keep warm,

Ooh he bring me back to life

Ooh you make me lose my pride

Ooh that lovin' keep me hiiiigh

9kgn.gif

Man! Virgo's Groove is sumn else

8 minutes ago, Ice Cream Skies said:

I agree with you. :kiss:

:date2:

1 minute ago, PrettyHurts said:

the visuals are coming. she just wanted people to appreciate the music alone at first

Exactly. This era is going to be so much bigger than Act I, I wish people were less fatalistic about the (current) lack of videos as a sign of anything other than a plan in motion.

1. ALIEN SUPERSTAR

2. CUFF IT

3. PURE / HONEY

4. SUMMER RENAISSANCE

5. HEATED

6. AMERICA HAS A PROBLEM

7. THIQUE

8. VIRGO'S GROOVE

9. I'M THAT GIRL

10. CHURCH GIRL

11. ALL UP IN YOUR MIND

12. ENERGY

13. BREAK MY SOUL

14. PLASTIC OFF THE SOFA

15. COZY

16. MOVE

Period

Someone said AHAP reminds them of the Proud Family peanut dance-off and now that visual is stuck in my head :bibliahh: 

26 minutes ago, Jude said:

I don't understand why they chose SR, of all tracks in the album, to be on TTH? COZY, CUFF IT, THIQUE or even VIRGO'S GROOVE is literally there. :biblio:

Girl... can you not understand? It's impossible... :rip:

Any song (except Church Girl, Energy, and AUIYM... don't @ me :gaycat3:) could reasonably be pushed. 

Summer Renaissance at 2:15 min earns it's stripes tbh.

6 minutes ago, Haus said:

:date2:

Exactly. This era is going to be so much bigger than Act I, I wish people were less fatalistic about the (current) lack of videos as a sign of anything other than a plan in motion.

I'm glad people are pessimistic about visuals bc they'll be even more slayed when they see how major they are

swmFuLD.thumb.gif.bb10c109f456168d0b1bdb

Imagine hearing “Virgo’s Groove” live? 

VMAs are 8/28. Fingers crossed for a performance.

8 minutes ago, Kassi said:

Girl... can you not understand? It's impossible... :rip:

Any song (except Church Girl, Energy, and AUIYM... don't @ me :gaycat3:) could reasonably be pushed. 

Summer Renaissance at 2:15 min earns it's stripes tbh.

I don't think the length of a song matters. BMS is a proof to that.

7 minutes ago, PrettyHurts said:

I'm glad people are pessimistic about visuals bc they'll be even more slayed when they see how major they are

I meant to say more* fatalistic but yes pessimistic and yess slayyyyed

This is one of her best albums.

Already played this more than Lemonade.

It’s holding up better than I thought on Apple Music. Still has 16 songs in the top 21 not much has changed since its peak. 

By comparison, on its 3rd day, Chromatica was #3 on the album chart and only had 6 songs charting in the top 100. It peaked at #1 and had all tracks in the top 100. Keep streaming guys!! :duca:

Edited by Timber

Alien superstar is top 3 best Beyonce songs :jonny6:

Unlocked new layers of the album yesterday listening with my workout headphones. :jamming:

Slept on Alien superstar and Summer renaissance before but now I’m sanctified. :psych:

Theres a recent video of Grace Jones performing and hula-hooping simultaneously and that’s what I see when I listen to Move. Still think both Move and Heated are grossly underrated here. Maybe it’s the Nigerian in me :michael:

This woman did not just refer to herself as a Heathen on the very first song. I still need to listen to the clean version. Heard it’s thoughtfully put together. 

realized I’ve been so busy listening on my Bose speaker that I haven’t listened in 24-bit with my DAC and headphones yet

WUFXh7U.jpg

All Up in Your Mind lacks the final punch. It should have some big instrumental explosion at the end. Wasted potential tbh :biblionny:

The way I feel like im entering another Orbit when the outro of Alien Superstar comes on :jonny6: