• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Shelter

• Haus

HEATED + COZY + ENERGY are my current body tingling trinity :jonny5::jonny5::jonny5:

HEATED has soooooo many layers. She’s ******* sick for this! 

1 hour ago, abeille said:

Y’all want Alien Superstar to not be that girl so bad :mandown:

Tbh she’s cute, but like I feel like it’s a overhype truly. It’s like all the components of the album added into one song, it feels like too much to me. 

That random ass ******* beat that comes on in the middle of HEATED! She makes me SO angry that she doesn’t continue it!!!!

i need a song with that ******* beat!!!!!! :jonny5:

Early faves so far are VIRGO'S GROOVE, CUFF IT, and THIQUE

The Dangerously in Love vocals randomly returning halfway through THIQUE...oh my :jonny5:

Brazil really deserves a visit on the next tour. They’re really showing out for the album on streaming.

All the songs from renaissance are still within Apple Music US top 21. A streaming hit I fear :WAP:

Alien Superstar is overrated, but it’s great as the album’s opening 1-2-3 punch. The production on the hook is messy with the beat and the synths and the sample.

I’ve been playing this out since it first dropped and I still can’t decide on a top 5, it keeps changing every time. This album is such an experience and I’m in awe how this is hitting me and she just getting started

FalseGreatDotterel-size_restricted.gif

moonlitdick

I need to let Plastic Off The Sofa grow on me more & then the whole album will be perfect :alexz3: 

moonlitdick
1 hour ago, samuel656 said:

Always loved Bey, but didn’t expect her to release one of my top favorite albums this decade.

The production is heavenly.

Exactly how I feel :jonny6:

America Has a Problem, Heated & Thique is my initial top 3 but definitely subject to change  :clap3:

Cuff it and alien superstar are definitely not leaving my top 2 but everything else keeps changing. Beyoncé really knew what she was doing with this one 

Today, I've heard Break my Soul while at the beach on 4 different boats and two different bars later tonight. 

It really feels like she is recognizing the dark forces in this country working to prevent the exact kind of liberation she’s celebrating here, and declaring a new Renaissance to try and jettison our society away from impending collapse. :lakitu: 

Gonna ramble about this album a bit.

I can't help but think of Confessions on a Dance Floor (probably my favourite album of all time) when I think of Renaissance. Both albums I feel are a love letter to 70s/80s music, and they both did it in a way that suits their styles most. Madonna is obviously better suited to more typical pop music, and so delivered her love letter to disco with a very strong pop influence, whereas Beyonce dug much deeper into the roots and delivered hers with a much more afrobeats/soul/funk influence. This is also probably the first album I've heard since Confessions that not only feels like it's very much for gays, but feels so.... respectful and grateful to gays? Like she didn't just sing to some gay electronic dance beats and call it a day, it's an album that is totally aware of its roots and fully appreciative of them and yet is fully intent on being contemporary and forward-thinking, and I FELT that just by listening to it.

I just wish Beyonce and/or her team cared more, because this album with some killer visuals and a properly planned era could truly be a massive moment. :monkey:

My basic ass taste prefers so far Alien Superstar, Thique, All Up in Your Mind and Summer Renaissance.

AUIYM could have been 10/10 if it had like a better climax/drop from the build up.

1 hour ago, Ice Cream Skies said:

Alien Superstar is overrated, but it’s great as the album’s opening 1-2-3 punch. The production on the hook is messy with the beat and the synths and the sample.

Please get your ears checked soon

8 hours ago, Bey Admired said:

All Up In Your Mind being the most underrated song on the album is expected but disappointing. 

The production on that song is godly 

FalseGreatDotterel-size_restricted.gif

I kinda agree. However it has its problems but I love it nevertheless.

2 minutes ago, B3000 said:

Please get your ears checked soon

Also, 1-2-3 punch? It's at least 1-2-3-4-5-6-7.

3 minutes ago, Haus said:

Also, 1-2-3 punch? It's at least 1-2-3-4-5-6-7.

??? Yeah, but the first 3 tracks are seamless, unlike Alien Superstar into Cuff It.

And my ears are fine, babe, but thanks. There isn’t a skip on this album. But people with taste know the last 5 songs are the best ones here.

I don't understand why they chose SR, of all tracks in the album, to be on TTH? COZY, CUFF IT, THIQUE or even VIRGO'S GROOVE is literally there. :biblio:

Just now, Ice Cream Skies said:

??? Yeah, but the first 3 tracks are seamless, unlike Alien Superstar into Cuff It.

And my ears are fine, babe, but thanks. There isn’t a skip on this album. But people with taste know the last 5 songs are the best ones here.

I'm sure your ears are fine, I'm just saying I interpret the punch differently. Plastic to Summer is like, two to three different sections of the album to me and all of them hit differently. Wouldn't really do any ranking but there seems to be a consensus around Alien Superstar.

Like I said two pages ago, you could essentially claim any track on here is the best one and have a valid argument.

The RENAISSANCE is building in Australia.

We're well on our way to 4:00pm Australian Eastern Standard Time on the third day of the tracking week. Break My Soul has dispatched As It Was at No.1 on Apple Music. Break My Soul peaked at No.9 on the ARIA Singles Chart in its second week. The strong mid-week performance on Apple Music suggests it may hit a new peak this week. It's already her highest charting single as a solo act since 2009's Sweet Dreams (peaked at No.2). 

All tracks are rising on Apple Music. There's now 3 tracks in the top 10, 6 in the top 20, 9 in the top 30 and 14 in the top 50. We're cottoning onto the banger that is Summer Renaissance (up 16). All Up In Your Mind (up 12) and Pure/Honey (up 11) are also making a move.

APPLE MUSIC - Australia (Day 3 of tracking week)

#1 Break My Soul (up 1)

#7 Cuff It (up 4)

#10 I'm That Girl (up 2)

#14 Alien Superstar (up 2)

#16 Cozy (up 4)

#19 Energy (up 4)

#22 Church Girl (up 3)

#27 Virgo's Groove (up 2)

#30 Plastic Off The Sofa (up 2)

#34 Summer Renaissance (up 16)

#36 Move (up 4)

#39 Heated (up 4)

#41 Pure/Honey (up 11)

#42 Thique (up 5)

#54 All Up In Your Mind (up 12)

#63 American Has A Problem (up 6)

The RENAISSANCE is smashing in Aotearoa (New Zealand).

It's almost 6:00pm New Zealand time on the third day of the tracking week. Break My Soul remains at No.1 on Apple Music. Break My Soul peaked at No.16 on the New Zealand Singles Chart in its second week. The strong mid-week performance on Apple Music suggests it may hit a new peak this week. It's already her highest charting single as a solo act since XO peaked at No.10 in 2014.

APPLE MUSIC - New Zealand (Day 3 of tracking week)

#1 Break My Soul (no change)

#3 Cuff It (up 2)

#4 I'm That Girl (no change)

#6 Alien Superstar (up 1)

#7 Cozy (up 1)

#10 Church Girl (up 3)

#11 Energy (up 5)

#15 Plastic Off The Sofa (up 5)

#20 Virgo's Groove (up 1)

#25 Heated (up 5)

#27 Move (down 2)

#28 Pure/Honey (down 1)

#29 Summer Renaissance (up 4)

#33 Thique (down 1)

#39 All Up In Your Mind (up 4)

#40 American Has A Problem (up 2)

It would be nice if Beyonce comes Down Under this era. She hasn't toured Australia and New Zealand since 2013's Mrs Carter World Tour. Since then, new stadiums have opened in Perth (Perth Stadium, 60,000), Adelaide (Adelaide Oval, 55,000) and Sydney (Sydney Football Stadium 42,620) which would be perfect for a stadium tour. The Sydney Football Stadium is a stiletto heel from the main gay district in Sydney (Oxford Street), which will be the centrepiece of World Pride / Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras in February / March 2023 - the end of the Southern Hemisphere summer. A perfect time to tour Down Under again.