Beyoncé - 'RENAISSANCE'

Devin

There’s not a single skip on this album, and I’m surprised some gays don’t like it :deadbanana2:

I mean, I’m *not* super surprised given a lot of people hating on it tend to hate on black music in general. But it’s still a little surprising since it’s the most fun music she’s given us since 4. 

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Shelter

• Haus

The drill in Energy fakes me out literally every time because my building is undergoing constant summer maintenance :deadbanana4:

Energy -> Break My Soul easily enters the Chromatica II -> 911 echelon

I think I finally have a trinity :jonny:

Alien Superstar

Cuff It

Heated

31 minutes ago, Bey Admired said:

All Up In Your Mind being the most underrated song on the album is expected but disappointing. 

The production on that song is godly 

FalseGreatDotterel-size_restricted.gif

AUIYM deserves the praise, it's out of this world and I'm so happy she experimented with this sound. 

11 minutes ago, justin. said:

There’s not a single skip on this album, and I’m surprised some gays don’t like it :deadbanana2:

I mean, I’m *not* super surprised given a lot of people hating on it tend to hate on black music in general. But it’s still a little surprising since it’s the most fun music she’s given us since 4. 

This is the most enthralling album she's done in a minute. Each track is adventurous yet layered, I am a little shocked some gays don't like it BUT maybe they expected something different? However, I've seen a good amount of praise from gay and straight men (ironically).

22 minutes ago, Jamlon said:

I agree, either way Kelis is a pressed chick that needs to direct her energy to the appropriate people

Pretty much. I understand her sentiments, but this energy needs to be directed to people who actually hindered her career (ex. Pharrell).

2 hours ago, Haus said:

Not once AHAP her video serves us upward mobility :clap3: 

ezgif-2-4e5fd81837.gif

The choreo will be insane!

Feature Ciara on the the remix!?!? 
I’m quaking at the thought!!:WAP:

1 hour ago, ShouldersSideways said:

I don't think its even Milkshake but whatever song it is she only used five seconds of drums so Kelis looks like a clown acting like Bey stole her song (and I say this as someone that is on her side vs. Pharrell)

i was loud and wrong - its the la la la's at the end. still foolish

Let me check it out

Edit: I do hear it now very vaguely though 

Edited by Insanity

18 minutes ago, justin. said:

they're boring..like their fave's music i fear:swing:

The replay value this album has is INSANE. I really think it’ll have great longevity :WAP:

I legit haven’t listened to anything else since Friday midnight :fan:

Kelis can **** herself tbh she could’ve solved whatever her issue was with Bey but decided to go on insta instead. Nah 

the way im trying to choose my favs from it but i still cant cause there are just so many BOPS

i can honestly say this is aoty, i just feel so good listening to it and its so fresh

FalseGreatDotterel-size_restricted.gif 

I’ve had a crazy busy couple of days so I’m just listening for the first time, and I’m only 3 tracks in and this album is INSANE :jonny6:

31 minutes ago, fountainsofyouth said:

:bibliahh:

Something about parts of Bey’s flow in HEATED is so reminiscent of her DC days. While also sounding really fresh and chill. It’s so hard to pick a favorite song. 

5 minutes ago, Tripthelight said:

Something about parts of Bey’s flow in HEATED is so reminiscent of her DC days. While also sounding really fresh and chill. It’s so hard to pick a favorite song. 

Right now I think it’s Cuff It for me. But I’m also not done. I’ve heard great things about Plastic Off The Sofa and Virgo’s Groove and those are up next for my listen :jonny6:

If "Heated" isn't a single ...

giphy.gif 

29 minutes ago, Sadie Saxton said:

I’ve had a crazy busy couple of days so I’m just listening for the first time, and I’m only 3 tracks in and this album is INSANE :jonny6:

I'm so jealous of you like, I wish I could experience it again for the first time :wanda: I know ppl don't want to be too trigger-happy with the rankings, but I fear i truly have to put this at #1 in her discog :wanda:

The production level for all these songs is insane BUT Alien Superstar is that girl! Been on repeat for hours!  I love pop music and this is Toxic/Can’t get you out of my head level! Sorry to the other girls!