Beyoncé - 'RENAISSANCE'

Devin

8 hours ago, MingYouToo said:

I think what so many of yall esp from the TRL gen who grew up with Bey (I didnt, was born 2001) is that no one ever really thinks Beyoncé is 'old'.

Sure they think Bey has been here for a LONGGG time but they dont really go out of their way and think 'shes too old to be doing this ****', Bey has been and STILL is THE female pop culture tour de force! Her reclusion and mystery has only boosted interest in her actual musical output and it shows!

In many ways, streamjng and Gen Z have also began resisting the idea of ageism esp bc Radio is starting to lose influence in what ppl want to listen to, now Tiktok basically decides what Radio plays and Tiktok obviously ADORES bey!

I’m from the TRL generation and THANK YOU. I agree!

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Shelter

• Haus

1 hour ago, Beyonce_runthis said:

Good numbers on Spotify. Great numbers on AM. But, I want more focus on longevity. Hopefully, this album is like FN & Planet Her in that terms. Debut numbers are nothing but a quick brag imo. What matters is the longevity. Hopefully, Renaissance will have that. I’m optimistic as well.

MAYBE and hear me out!

They're expecting middling numbers for her debut because they're planning a full rollout for this, singles 2, 3 and 4 with live performances and allat??? Would be a SLAY! Imagine a more limited edition B'Day!

yeah this album is a masterpiece. it might end up my favorite album by her. 

idk if there is a song as good as Blow or No Angel on here, but the consistency of quality through the sequencing is very impressive :clap3:

I'm gonna need a remix album eventually, get Channel Tres, Rochelle Jordan, SG Lewis, Jacques Lu Cont, Dev Hynes, KAYTRANADA, Arca, Pa Salieu etc.

Man I am really hoping she’s made a music video for most of the songs. Can’t wait to see this incredible music visualized 

Cuff it feels like Drunk in Love’s older more expensive sister 

Ok the album is finally hitting me :jonny5: 

I feel like this will be my #1 album from her. So much freaking fun. I am so surprised at how well this is doing. She has truly shown her staying power. The numbers are mind-blowing, especially after her two previous releases. I guess her fans simply were not here for The Gift and Everything is Love.

This would'e snapped as a Eurovision halftime performance, they started bringing them in before covid :monkey:

still no BMS video? :dies: 

my pose 4 box is supposed to be delivered tuesday :duca: 

I’m gonna order the collector’s edition vinyl if it’s still in stock on thursday… a long shot but I’m fine picking up the standard in a record store later on too

35 minutes ago, blaggot said:

my pose 4 box is supposed to be delivered tuesday :duca: 

I’m gonna order the collector’s edition vinyl if it’s still in stock on thursday… a long shot but I’m fine picking up the standard in a record store later on too

Isn't the collectors edition also available at Walmart and stuff? I've read that it's cheaper there (especially because of shipping). I'm just waiting for a EU store to sell it now...

2 hours ago, Hallad173 said:

:biblio: Not my faves being back of the bus tracks. I lost :gaycat6:

Yeah I'm disappointed the GP are not feeling America has a problem :weeps:

SR indeed is very orgasmic. How they build the tension in the verses and then the "dance, dance, dance" part that turns into the I Feel Love chorus... It feels spiritual.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9520bb7f06dec51a853e

Alien Superstar really is the best song of all time omg 

happy-dancing.gif

I’ve needed time to process this album and I’m still sitting with it for my final thoughts.

I LOVE how it’s like one continuous flow throughout where you can’t even really tell when certain songs are even transitioning but every song still has its own unique feel :jonny4:she really is THAT girl 

my early favorites are: Break My Soul (yes), Alien Superstar, Virgo’s Groove, Plastic Off The Sofa, All Up In Your Mind, America Has A Problem, Thique but I’ve liked most of the songs