• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lose My Breath

• Lovett

• Shelter

• Haus

1 minute ago, nuclear said:

It really flop :doc:on that platform 

43M is nowhere near flopping. :skull: It's clear the album is more successful on Apple Music (which is good, as they're paid streams) but it's still a really solid opening on Spotify.

4 minutes ago, nuclear said:

I'd say it's quite good, the only 'letdown' is BMS just being #7 on album release day

Love this album. I'm someone who has always thought her discography was meh. Also, I have to say, this is a masterclass in vocal production/delivery. A RECORDING ARTIST indeed. 

51 minutes ago, Destiny said:

:doc: was expecting 200k from SEA

The way America Has A Problem is always on bottom of the charts :biblio:

Like get TASTE please!

tbh I don’t know what were my expectations, maybe you guys hyped a “departure” from her sound so much. I feel this would be a great album if you like Beys sound from Lemonade/Self Titled, but for some reason its not for me. I love the direction of Alien Superstar and was expecting more of that… good luck Bey!

2 minutes ago, Cain said:

I'd say it's quite good, the only 'letdown' is BMS just being #7 on album release day

BMS was already leaving top 50 on global during release week is the reason why I think

If it still lingered on the top 30, it would jump higher along with couple of album tracks debuted at top 10

4 minutes ago, MrLovett said:

43M is nowhere near flopping. :skull: It's clear the album is more successful on Apple Music (which is good, as they're paid streams) but it's still a really solid opening on Spotify.

2 minutes ago, Cain said:

:doc: I am disappointed with Europe and Australia, mostly European stream. This album is being carried by US urban , when Europe should have at least match US

3 minutes ago, Epica said:

tbh I don’t know what were my expectations, maybe you guys hyped a “departure” from her sound so much. I feel this would be a great album if you like Beys sound from Lemonade/Self Titled, but for some reason its not for me. I love the direction of Alien Superstar and was expecting more of that… good luck Bey!

Eh idk I find her sound on this album to be completely diff from her sound on Self Titled and Lemonade. This album to me feels like a more modern updated version of B’Day in some ways.

13 minutes ago, Cain said:

It felt too low to go back up more. Frankly from around 45/50 to 7 is more than I expected. 

That's what I had been saying, the song should have been promoted. As a result it doesn't even rival with its first day streams on album's release. 

I just hope the bulk of that is from US and UK. Let's be local. 

Edited by BnPac

So that is it? She drop a single then from disappeared for 6 week. Drop a whole ass album , but quite as a mouse? 
So Sony music is going to have to all the promotions huh?

Edited by nuclear

20 minutes ago, nuclear said:

tbh I kind of expect it to grow

10 minutes ago, nuclear said:

:doc: I am disappointed with Europe and Australia, mostly European stream. This album is being carried by US urban , when Europe should have at least match US

didn't she lose a big chunk of her numbers from EU and AUS since 4?

she has been losing it consistently since last decade from what I can remember, but her impact in the US increased (compared to the other gals) imo

on another note

Ngl, kind of living for the fights

everyone has something to say and it's a kii :dies:

but I do feel like it will be a bit more successful than the album ending with a Ca

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

Awesome, for Comparison, Chromatica only did about 70k in SEA and TEA. It's looking good, but I'm worried that album sales won't be that great. 

13 minutes ago, nuclear said:

So that is it? She drop a single then from disappeared for 6 week. Drop a whole ass album , but quite as a mouse? 
So Sony music is going to have to all the promotions huh?

Why you so negative? Go enjoy the music. The visuals have yet to come 

28 minutes ago, nuclear said:

Give people time. I assume I’m That Girl makes people think it’s a trap album and that makes sense because it’s the opener and sets the tone.

im curious how many listeners would love to have summer renaissance be the opener and I’m that girl be the closer 

QueenofCopyPaste

Streams are really good :clap3:

I don’t think we are going to reach that 500-600K pre- release prediction tbh :dancehall3:

which is fine I guess, because none of us (except HDD) were expecting that anyways. I hope I’m very very wrong though.

Almost two days after its release I can fully appreciate the album.

It always amazes me how quick y'all are with praising a newly released

album when I'm still in the process of comprehending all the new sounds, lyrics

and beats.

I've come to the same conclusion as most members in here though - "Renaissance"

is a very well produced body of work full of bangers that make you move your body.

My current favourites include "Summer Renaissance", "Cosy", "Alien Superstar", "Cuff It"

and "Thique", among others. Not sure yet whether it will turn out to be my favourite

record of hers.

My prediction is 500K-525K debut 

happy-dancing.gif

5 hours ago, MrLovett said:

Global Apple Music

#1. I’M THAT GIRL

#2. BREAK MY SOUL

#3. ALIEN SUPERSTAR

#4. CUFF IT

#5. COZY

#6. CHURCH GIRL

#7. ENERGY

#8. PLASTIC OFF THE SOFA

#9. VIRGO’S GROOVE

#13. HEATED

#14. THIQUE

#15. MOVE

#18. PURE/HONEY

#20. SUMMER RENAISSANCE

#21. ALL UP IN YOUR MIND

#22. AMERICA HAS A PROBLEM

:biblio: Not my faves being back of the bus tracks. I lost :gaycat6:

8 minutes ago, Mistah.Beyonce said:

Give people time. I assume I’m That Girl makes people think it’s a trap album and that makes sense because it’s the opener and sets the tone.

im curious how many listeners would love to have summer renaissance be the opener and I’m that girl be the closer 

I’M THAT GIRL being the closer would be anti- climatic. The album ends on a high note with SUMMER RENAISSANCE.

9 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I don’t think we are going to reach that 500-600K pre- release prediction tbh :dancehall3:

which is fine I guess, because none of us (except HDD) were expecting that anyways. I hope I’m very very wrong though.

She would need 300 -400k pure. That’s not happening :deadbanana2: 

14 minutes ago, Destiny said:

That was never going to happen. My prediction was 280k which is looking more likely than ever. I’d be happy with that, personally.